• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instead of looking at Leno’s past let’s look at him since he joined? After a shaky start he really sorted himself out and its fair to say that the only keepers better than him in the league are Ederson and Allison?

He’s not Xhaka or Mustafi, think he gets a pass here.

(I missed the first goal and am about to watch the highlights, I might come back in here in a very different mood:lol:)

He tend to get very nervous at times during a match. Very shaky if it is handling, disturbation or commanding his area...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Instead of looking at Leno’s past let’s look at him since he joined? After a shaky start he really sorted himself out and its fair to say that the only keepers better than him in the league are Ederson and Allison?

He’s not Xhaka or Mustafi, think he gets a pass here.

(I missed the first goal and am about to watch the highlights, I might come back in here in a very different mood:lol:)
No, this is right, he gets a pass for a once off. If it becomes a habit like with Xhaka and Mustafi then I know you'll be in hre with me hounding him for better...
I think it was a once-off. He's been really good for us for a while.

Oh_Snap

Stand by it: first goal made him look worse then he was tbf. shot had no power but was placed wide. if it had more power it would've bounced away more. Don't think he could've catched it since the ball was on the ground, he could only get to it with one hand. Sokratis mistake made AMN lose track of Erikson - ball couldve been squared for a tap in as well...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tbf he’s a useful fantasy asset, even when he fumbled those shots yesterday they counted as saves. If he keeps spilling them, it increases the chances of double saves, so I’m not too bothered.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Rex nicely using his piece of @GDeep™ ‘s soul to keep the peace.
Before he left, Gagan split his soul into twelve pieces and distributed them to his A-M disciples to use when the forum needed a lightning rod during negative times
Honourable sacrifice from an honourable man.

boyinneedofhumor

He tend to get very nervous at times during a match. Very shaky if it is handling, disturbation or commanding his area...
I'll have to disagree...

An ex-player Alex Manninger had very good reflexes when he deputised for Seaman. Someone like him fit closer to your description.

Leno seems decisive with his decision making, whether to come out for the ball or stay back. He doesnt seem lost or hesitant; rather, he often assesses his options on whom best to pass to from the back, rather than just passing it out and hoping for the best.
Would be nice if he could play mind games like Lehmann did and save some penalties.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2336010/Lehmann-ignored-Henrys-penalty-tip.html
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/football-gossip-lehmanns-legendary-notes

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I hate this GK.

Why is he persisting from short passes to the centerback. I feel there is some sort of betting going on.

I dont care if Emery is telling you.

You dont pass if the Watford attackers are parked in the 6 yard box.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Socrates is limited. Leno should know that and what is in front of him. Why not try to chip pass to a midfielder?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
There's no point passing it to Sokratis if he has to hoof it under pressure. If that's the scenario, better for Leno to just hoof it himself under less pressure.
It's not Leno. He's been clearly instructed to play out from the back everytime. Even Xhaka alluded to it in the post-match interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom