• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rate the Transfer Window 19/20 edition

How would you rate our transfer business on a scale from 1-10?

• Total voters

Toast

Established Member
Now that the transfer window is shut it might be fun to see how everyone thinks we did. Rest assured that this is certainly not some ploy to collect comments that will resurface years from now when the players we now rate highly have flopped.

Incomings
Nicolas Pépé
William Saliba (loaned back)
Kieran Tierney
David Luiz
Gabriel Martinelli
Dani Ceballos (loan)

Internal promotions
Joe Willock
Reiss Nelson
Emile Rowe-Smith
Bukayo Saka

Purged
Alex Iwobi
Krystian Bielik
Laurent Koscielny
David Ospina
Carl Jenkinson
Takuma Asano
Nacho Monreal
Cohen Bramall
Stephan Lichtsteiner (free)
Danny Welbeck (free)
Aaron Ramsey (free)
Dejan Iliev (loan)
Eddie Nketiah (loan)
Henrikh Mkhitaryan (loan)
Mohamed Elneny (loan)
Petr Cech (retired)

Aevi

Hale End FC
Couldn't ask for much more really, we fulfilled important needs and got rid of players we no longer want. On paper, the signings seem great, it just remains to be seen how well they actually do.

8/10.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
A solid six.

+ Really like the Pepe & Luiz signings.
+ Pleased the club had the balls to take big risks on the French & Scottish kids. Huge upside but also could cost a job if they flop.

- Adding only one wide player I dont really understand. Seems like we half assed it a bit rather than fully committing..
- Center Midfield still the elephant in the room. Good players but no partnerships or balanced looking 2s /3s so far.
- Just one natural RB & no fit LB right now that can play in a back four is crazy.
- Failed to shift main deadwood on full transfers.

Iceman10

Established Member
Mustafi not shipped out, but can't win them all.

Don't mind selling Iwobi, but for the right price. Should have been closer to 40m, imo.

Saliba comes in next season, Luiz is a stop-gap. Before the summer conventional wisdom was we needed to fix our backline as a priority issue, but we did get Tierney, and United made the market for CB's a madness with massively inflated prices.

Otherwise, pretty impressive.

8/10.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Now that the transfer window is shut it might be fun to see how everyone thinks we did. Rest assured that this is certainly not some ploy to collect comments that will resurface years from now when the players we now rate highly have flopped.

Incomings
Nicolas Pépé
William Saliba (loaned back)
Kieran Tierney
David Luiz
Gabriel Martinelli
Dani Ceballos (loan)

Internal promotions
Joe Willock
Reiss Nelson
Emile Rowe-Smith
Bukayo Saka

Purged
Alex Iwobi
Krystian Bielik
Laurent Koscielny
David Ospina
Carl Jenkinson
Takuma Asano
Nacho Monreal
Cohen Bramall
Stephan Lichtsteiner (free)
Danny Welbeck (free)
Aaron Ramsey (free)
Dejan Iliev (loan)
Eddie Nketiah (loan)
Henrikh Mkhitaryan (loan)
Mohamed Elneny (loan)
Petr Cech (retired)

@Rex Banner had an absolute nightmare. Embarrassing post.

Nearly made me throw up.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
****ing hell. I referred as Mustafi & Xhaka as this.

We signed one of the top central defenders & central midfielders to change clubs this window. Both under the age of 25 so room for further improvement. Exactly the point a club in our position should sign.

giphy.gif

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
A solid six.

+ Really like the Pepe & Luiz signings.
+ Pleased the club had the balls to take big risks on the French & Scottish kids. Huge upside but also could cost a job if they flop.

- Adding only one wide player I dont really understand. Seems like we half assed it a bit rather than fully committing..
- Center Midfield still the elephant in the room. Good players but no partnerships or balanced looking 2s /3s so far.
- Just one natural RB & no fit LB right now that can play in a back four is crazy.

What. This is a 6 for you? 6 = Mediocre transfer window.

Getting rid of so much dross.(Alex Iwobi, Carl Jenkinson, Henrikh Mkhitaryan. El neny, monreal, asano) Getting an ELITE CB prospect.

Getting and ELITE-LB which the scout that was hyping van dijk before his move to l'pool is saying Tierney is equal or better. Would you rather we didn't wait 2 months for him to be fit and get a much worse player just to play for 2 months?

Getting a great midfielder on loan.

Getting an ELITE winger prospect/ready player.

I'd argue we've had the best transfer window in the league. This is as good as we can do IMO. If we had unlimited funds this might not be a 9/10 but we don't.

How would you improve this window in a way thats possible? I wouldn't even think we could do as well as we have before this window began.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
What. This is a 6 for you? 6 = Mediocre transfer window.

Getting rid of so much dross.(Alex Iwobi, Carl Jenkinson, Henrikh Mkhitaryan. El neny, monreal, asano) Getting an ELITE CB prospect. Getting and ELITE-LB which the scout that was hyping van dijk before his move to l'pool is saying Tierney is equal or better. Getting a great midfielder on loan. getting an ELITE winger prospect/ready player.

I'd argue we've had the best transfer window in the league. This is as good as we can do IMO. If we had unlimited funds this might not be a 9/10 but we don't.

How would you improve this window in a way thats possible? I wouldn't even think we could do as well as we have before this window began.
Above average.

Think Pepe / Tierney / the French kid are talents a club like us should be signing & we paid a hefty fee for each.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Above average.

Think Pepe / Tierney / the French kid are talents a club like us should be signing & we paid a hefty fee for each.
Since this is 1 point over an average transfer windows for us according to you, how would you improve this window in a way thats possible? You obviously see things that we could have done better?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Since this is 1 point over an average transfer windows for us according to you, how would you improve this window in a way thats possible? You obviously see things that we could have done better?
^ Post #3

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Rich 1990 knows motherfuckers

I gave it less than a 5 due to not signing an elite striker. And I'm a ****.

As for this window, i'd give it a 9. Don't think a 10 is possible as it's apparent more need to **** off like Mustafi, Xhaka and me if i keep talking like Trilly by threatening them with violence and calling people motherfuckers.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

^ Post #3
Thats just you whining.
These where your points:
We cant spend 150mil on wide players. I'm guessing we don't want to buy future dross either.

We probably got the best player we could- a midfielder that can dribble and keep control of the ball under pressure, which we haver serverly lacked.

We got a great(to be seen tbf) Left back, he happens to be injured for a little while but not sure we should skip on a talented LB because we cant play him for 2 months.

-Not sure there was a possibility to shift our main deadwood on full transfers. Pretty sure we would've if we could have done it.

funnily enough our main deadwood (mustafi and xhaka) are something you loved 2016 :lol:

4. I like the Tierney signing. Pepe will take season to adjust. Saliba not here. Ceballos not with option to buy and we didnt address the elephant in the room that is our CB situation.

Xhaka, Musafi are still here.

Might up it to 5 given the promotions.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Nice quote from Gooner Zig also

I still can't fathom how Chelsea are let off scott free for Luiz. What's wrong with these journalists? Don't they see the pure desperation from Conte there? Wenger would have been slaughtered for doing something similar.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Thats just you whining.
These where your points:
We cant spend 150mil on wide players. I'm guessing we don't want to buy future dross either.

We probably got the best player we could- a midfielder that can dribble and keep control of the ball under pressure, which we haver serverly lacked.

We got a great(to be seen tbf) Left back, he happens to be injured for a little while but not sure we should skip on a talented LB because we cant play him for 2 months.

-Not sure there was a possibility to shift our main deadwood on full transfers. Pretty sure we would've if we could have done it.

funnily enough our main deadwood (mustafi and xhaka) are something you loved 2016 :lol:
Im not trying to change your mind.

The unbalanced midfield, lack of depth at full backs & no secondary winger are my main issues.

The players we signed I like.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Im not trying to change your mind.

The unbalanced midfield, lack of depth at full backs & no secondary winger are my main issues.

The players we signed I like.
I realise that you don't care to convince me. But thinking our window is average Surely there must be room for improvement ?
If there is no room for improvement isn't it a perfect window?

You like our signings but you think we need, what, 3 more players? Could we, if say we wanted to, buy 3 more players?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I realise that you don't care to convince me. But thinking our window is average Surely there must be room for improvement ?
If there is no room for improvement isn't it a perfect window?

You like our signings but you think we need, what, 3 more players? Could we, if say we wanted to, buy 3 more players?
For me the squad needed a RB & DM. Not expensive signings or world beaters just depth at the positions.

I would have liked a LB or to keep Nacho until January to let the kid bed in with no pressure or rush to fitness. For a perfect window also another wide player. However people rated Iwobi & Micky both had over 2500 minutes for us last season.

Top Bottom