• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rate the Transfer Window 19/20 edition

How would you rate our transfer business on a scale from 1-10?

• Total voters

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

For this window, I’ll obviously be miles off but I’ll go seven. It’s going to live and die in how we remember it based off Pepe I feel.

He’s looked promising so far though, but he’s going to have to be an Alexis level player at least for all the money we paid.

I think the other signings are smart, when we got priced out on Upamecano I’m glad we at least got someone in and even if he’s awful the David Luiz deal is cheap and a short contract.

I’m glad we didn’t buy a back up goalie as I think Emi deserves a shot and for me is arguably the best keeper in our squad. I’m also glad we’ve kept Calum around as that hopefully means no Mustafi ever again.

Also the club’s done really well in moving players on, I didn’t expect Jenko, Elneny and Mkhi to all be turfed out so that’s a major positive.

Where the window loses a lot of points for me though is the squad we’re left with. I was ok with selling Iwobi if we brought in a replacement but not only have we not done that we’ve also moved on Mkhitaryan.

A lot of people rave about Nelson and Saka and I’m sure they’re great talents but from what I’ve seen, right now Iwobi is twice the player. With Özil pretty much washed as a player we’re now really thin for options.

Up front is a problem when combined with the lack of wing options because if either Lacazette or PEA get any injuries we can’t even call on Nketiah anymore so we’re going to be starting Martinelli.

Also while what I’ve seen and heard of Tierney is very encouraging his injury record is a bit worrying, so I’m struggling to understand the Monreal move. If he’s not back soon after the break we’re looking at a stretch of games with Kolasinac as our only fit LB. Also think the Bielik sale is another potential Gnabry.

All in all it’s been a good window but I think we’ve still got an unbalanced squad and might have to buy a winger or bench striker in January.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Rich 1990 knows motherfuckers

As for this window, i'd give it a 9. Don't think a 10 is possible as it's apparent more need to **** off like Mustafi, Xhaka and me if i keep talking like Trilly by threatening them with violence and calling people motherfuckers.
I’m getting sick of your ****.

Reactions: A_G

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Huge gamble this summer and we have no divine right for our transfers to be successful. After Özil and Sanchez it’s been quite a mixed bag which I guess is normal.

I’m hoping that by re-entering the premium market we’ll get premium results. If Pepe flops I have no idea how the club will recover from it, 72M is a **** load but so far he is looking like somebody who could be a serious problem in this league despite being thrown in at the deep end.

Saliba is apparently the Mbappe of defenders and so I’ll need to watch him play but Tierney might be the highest rated played we’ve signed in recent years. I hope it’s not a case of green-tinted goggles but every Celtic fan I’ve encountered seems to rate the boy as one of the best LBs on the planet and @bingobob is rarely wrong. If he’s anywhere near that good then my days of throwing knives at my Kolasinac poster are over.

David Luiz I think will ultimately be a success, he’s going to have less than five shockers this season imo and I guess Liverpool away was a good day to get one of them out of the way. The playing from the back should get better as the season progresses and he’ll be vital for that.

The list of outgoings are huge and with our biggest wage earner this summer being David Luiz we’ve freed up tons of room. I don’t expect a January move for anyone it wouldn’t surprise me.

10/10 if Pepe and Tierney are as good as they appear to be as that will get us into the CL comfortably. Which was the entire point of this window.

I don’t think we should deduct marks for guys like Mustafi and Mkhi still being here, yes we don’t want them but as long as they’re not affecting performance it’s no problem.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Great window, I loved the way Raul & Co went about it. If we had managed to shift Mustafi it would have been 10/10, I gave it 8/10 and look forward to clearing the final dregs next summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Huge gamble this summer and we have no divine right for our transfers to be successful. After Özil and Sanchez it’s been quite a mixed bag which I guess is normal.

I’m hoping that by re-entering the premium market we’ll get premium results. If Pepe flops I have no idea how the club will recover from it, 72M is a **** load but so far he is looking like somebody who could be a serious problem in this league despite being thrown in at the deep end.

Saliba is apparently the Mbappe of defenders and so I’ll need to watch him play but Tierney might be the highest rated played we’ve signed in recent years. I hope it’s not a case of green-tinted goggles but every Celtic fan I’ve encountered seems to rate the boy as one of the best LBs on the planet and @bingobob is rarely wrong. If he’s anywhere near that good then my days of throwing knives at my Kolasinac poster are over.

David Luiz I think will ultimately be a success, he’s going to have less than five shockers this season imo and I guess Liverpool away was a good day to get one of them out of the way. The playing from the back should get better as the season progresses and he’ll be vital for that.

The list of outgoings are huge and with our biggest wage earner this summer being David Luiz we’ve freed up tons of room. I don’t expect a January move for anyone it wouldn’t surprise me.

10/10 if Pepe and Tierney are as good as they appear to be as that will get us into the CL comfortably. Which was the entire point of this window.

I don’t think we should deduct marks for guys like Mustafi and Mkhi still being here, yes we don’t want them but as long as they’re not affecting performance it’s no problem.

You not worried about the depth up front and out wide though mate?

Looking thinner Mkhi’s hair.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Let it happen, United only have Martial and Rashford, I don't even know who to mention from Chelsea. If we can't make top 4 with this squad, Emery should be made to run naked back to Espana, chased by coyotes.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Auba and Laca (and hopefully Pepe) are quite durable.

Even at his worst Özil does an okay job pretty much wherever you play him and I'm hoping he bounces back from last season. That means for wide positions we have Pepe, Auba, Özil, Nelson, Saka, Martinelli and ESR even potentially stretching to include the likes of Kola, Maitland-Niles, Willock and Ceballos. If ESR actually sticks around and stays fit he could become a serious option, the kid looks special.

For ST depth we have Auba, Laca, Pepe and Martinelli.

There's a lot of overlap there but that's where the durability of the main three comes in, I don't expect them to spend much time out injured anyway. Would love to get a 4th top attacker in (Zaha) but it seems a bit too much for where we are.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Let it happen, United only have Martial and Rashford, I don't even know who to mention from Chelsea. If we can't make top 4 with this squad, Emery should be made to run naked back to Espana, chased by coyotes.
I notice you keep mentioning Emery not making top four but never talk about us actually making it there.

What's wrong mate?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Auba and Laca (and hopefully Pepe) are quite durable.

Even at his worst Özil does an okay job pretty much wherever you play him and I'm hoping he bounces back from last season. That means for wide positions we have Pepe, Auba, Özil, Nelson, Saka, Martinelli and ESR even potentially stretching to include the likes of Kola, Maitland-Niles, Willock and Ceballos. If ESR actually sticks around and stays fit he could become a serious option, the kid looks special.

For ST depth we have Auba, Laca, Pepe and Martinelli.

There's a lot of overlap there but that's where the durability of the main three comes in, I don't expect them to spend much time out injured anyway.

Isn’t Lacazette injured right now though?

I just think relying on Nelson, Saka and Martinelli for performing with any consistency is a massive ask. Özil looks done to me, and ESR can’t stay fit at all, he’s been injured again the other day.

I think it’s going to be a massive struggle to compete on multiple fronts, even more so than last year. How are going to approach the EL ties?

Start Martinelli, Saka and Nelson every game? Major red flags for me.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I notice you keep mentioning Emery not making top four but never talk about us actually making it there.

What's wrong mate?
I have a deal with my boss if I reach my work targets this year I get an all expenses paid trip to london to watch an Arsenal match live. I am well on my way to reach it, but I want it to be special. I can't take going to London, having worked so hard, so long for my reward, only for Spanish Mourinho to play 3 defensive midfielders against huddersfield at home. Even worse, I aim to get a ticket for a big game so he'll go with a coward tactic for sure. So I am angry.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I gave it 9, though thought about 8. It depends what one compares it against. Before the window I could not dream about this kind of business, knowing Arsenal in recent years. Year before was understandable because of certain circumstances, and still also 8/9 window to me. Especially with Guendouzi surprisingly being such a good prospect.

Mustafi loan out would have been perfect, but too much to ask. Selling dross is not easy, so loan is good business already. Gotta be realistic. They can up their value if they perform. I think we also weakened Chelsea with getting Luiz (but he has to prove not being Mustafi who has great pass), Zouma is not good.

I think the plan now is to go with Auba, Laca, Pepe as main trio, with some rotation when possible. Emery and co are going to give the youth a chance, which many have wished for. In winter it's possible to buy a new winger if needed. I think it's good plan, because that main trio is fire, and youth players see they have a chance to show their skills in Arsenal. And if not performing they cannot demand much.

We are a bit short like Rex Banner says, but AMN can also be a winger when Bellerin comes back. And we have quite many young wingers, so if some cannot perform yet, we can try another.

I think we have good chance to buy someone in winter in any position, with getting some wages out. We cannot know if Iwobi money is already spent or not.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Isn’t Lacazette injured right now though?

I just think relying on Nelson, Saka and Martinelli for performing with any consistency is a massive ask. Özil looks done to me, and ESR can’t stay fit at all, he’s been injured again the other day.

I think it’s going to be a massive struggle to compete on multiple fronts, even more so than last year. How are going to approach the EL ties?

Start Martinelli, Saka and Nelson every game? Major red flags for me.
I edited it since you quoted but yeah, I don’t think a fourth top level attacker is where we’re at now as a club. Would love it though.

An Iwobi replacement is needed to up the overall quality but I think we have the bodies. We don’t have to have two completely different front lines, the manager just has to be smart with his rotation.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I have a deal with my boss if I reach my work targets this year I get an all expenses paid trip to london to watch an Arsenal match live. I am well on my way to reach it, but I want it to be special. I can't take going to London, having worked so hard, so long for my reward, only for Spanish Mourinho to play 3 defensive midfielders against huddersfield at home. Even worse, I aim to get a ticket for a big game so he'll go with a coward tactic for sure. So I am angry.
Odds on @razörist meltdown before Christmas anyone?

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I edited it since you quoted but yeah, I don’t think a fourth top level attacker is where we’re at now as a club. Would love it though.

An Iwobi replacement is needed to up the overall quality but I think we have the bodies. We don’t have to have two completely different front lines, the manager just has to be smart with his rotation.

Yeah that’s fair, I’d like a Shaqiri at Liverpool type option coming in January.

Someone who can give you a bit of spark off the bench or can start the odd game here and there.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I think people are sleeping on Martinelli a little. Think he's gonna be a real handful against defences, especially in the cup games.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah that’s fair, I’d like a Shaqiri at Liverpool type option coming in January.

Someone who can give you a bit of spark off the bench or can start the odd game here and there.
That works well. Gives all the other players I mentioned a good amount of time to audition for that role.

ESR is my dark horse, not even because I’m sure but just because I think we’re due another academy top talent.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom