• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngest squad in the Premiership

TornadoTed

Established Member
After Monreal and Mkhi have departed we now have the youngest squad in the Premiership according to Transfermarkt.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jumplist/startseite/wettbewerb/GB1

I think we really need to have patience in this squad and give it the chance to mature. I have high hopes for this squad, players like Guendouzi, Tierney, Saliba, Nelson, Willock will have bad days, dips in form over the next 2-3 seasons but I can't remember when we had so many players with such a high ceiling.

If we can reach our short term objectives, 4th place mainly then that gives a great platform for these players to grow. I honestly haven't been as excited about the future for a long time.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
After Monreal and Mkhi have departed we now have the youngest squad in the Premiership according to Transfermarkt.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jumplist/startseite/wettbewerb/GB1

I think we really need to have patience in this squad and give it the chance to mature. I have high hopes for this squad, players like Guendouzi, Tierney, Saliba, Nelson, Willock will have bad days, dips in form over the next 2-3 seasons but I can't remember when we had so many players with such a high ceiling.

If we can reach our short term objectives, 4th place mainly then that gives a great platform for these players to grow. I honestly haven't been as excited about the future for a long time.
This is brilliant news for me actually. It shows we have an eye on the future. We just need to nurture the right way and add experience where needed in clever ways,

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That's great! I was afraid for a while about our squad getting old. Really turned it around!

Jae

Great to read.

You have to give them a chance though. Emery could have put Nelson on instead of Mkhi in the last game.

Probably played him knowing it would be the last game he'd ever play for Arsenal.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It'll go down even further next season when Nketiah and Saliba return. Saka will probably be promoted

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
And...? :lol:

This is what annoyed me when finding out he was leaving the very next day, Willock, Özil or Nelson would have offered more than bringing on Mkhi in hope that he gives us a romantic farewell gesture.

Özil is easily just as bad off the bench these days mate. You are referring to some idyllic version of Özil from a few years back. Totally agree about the other two though, it was a baffling decision.

TornadoTed

Established Member
In 3 years time I genuinely think we could have a title challenging team. There will be a lot of players entering their peak years with a lot of experience. Of course we need to fill in the ?'s with top quality but I have faith that with Champions League money and status, Raul and Edu we will.

GK - Leno - 30
DR - Bellerin - 27
DC - Saliba - 21
DC - ?
DL - Tierney - 25
DMC - ?
MC - Guendouzi - 23
MC - Ceballos - 26
AML - ?
AMR - Pepe - 27
SC - ?

Add AMN - 24, Willock - 23, Nelson - 22, Martinelli - 21, Saka - 20, ESR - 22, Nketiah - 23 and maybe another couple stepping up from the U23's.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Özil is easily just as bad off the bench these days mate. You are referring to some idyllic version of Özil from a few years back. Totally agree about the other two though, it was a baffling decision.

Idyllic version of Özil? I don't even rate Özil :lol:, I'd rather we had neither of them at the club BUT I'd rather we subbed on a player who is actually going to be at the club the very next day than one who wasnt, **** put any other bench member on than the one who is on a plane to Italy in the morning.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

pkpu6gy.jpg

I think this will be our most used line-up this season. Most players are at a good age, Saliba can come in next year to replace David Luiz. Hopefully we sign Ceballos. Only Auba and Laca are getting on in age.

Young players like Willock, Nelson, ASR, AMN & Chambers also in the squad. Even Kolasinac is only 26. Looks brilliant.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
In 3 years time I genuinely think we could have a title challenging team. There will be a lot of players entering their peak years with a lot of experience. Of course we need to fill in the ?'s with top quality but I have faith that with Champions League money and status, Raul and Edu we will.

GK - Leno - 30
DR - Bellerin - 27
DC - Saliba - 21
DC - ?
DL - Tierney - 25
DMC - ?
MC - Guendouzi - 23
MC - Ceballos - 26
AML - ?
AMR - Pepe - 27
SC - ?

Add AMN - 24, Willock - 23, Nelson - 22, Martinelli - 21, Saka - 20, ESR - 22, Nketiah - 23 and maybe another couple stepping up from the U23's.

Yeah, sorry to be a downer but the problem with that is if a lot of those players reach top potential the ££££ clubs come sniffing round like hungry swine.

The concept of the one-company man is long gone. Destroyed by Ashley Cole (I’m joking) (not :mad:)

Jae

pkpu6gy.jpg

I think this will be our most used line-up this season. Most players are at a good age, Saliba can come in next year to replace David Luiz. Hopefully we sign Ceballos. Only Auba and Laca are getting on in age.

Young players like Willock, Nelson, ASR, AMN & Chambers also in the squad. Even Kolasinac is only 26. Looks brilliant.

I think you're spot on with that team mate.

Top Bottom