• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngest squad in the Premiership

TornadoTed

Established Member
Yeah, sorry to be a downer but the problem with that is if a lot of those players reach top potential the ££££ clubs come sniffing round like hungry swine.

The concept of the one-company man is long gone. Destroyed by Ashley Cole (I’m joking) (not :mad:)

I get what you are saying and we have suffered from this in the past, however I feel things are different now.

We have shown with Özil that we can pay top level wages, we have a great stadium in one of the most desirable cities in the World and give ambitious young players a chance. If we can also compete for titles regularly then why would they want to leave? City and Liverpool aren't losing their best players. If some of our players become World class and Barca or Madrid come calling then they are going to get bent over for £100m+ for them.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I get what you are saying and we have suffered from this in the past, however I feel things are different now.

We have shown with Özil that we can pay top level wages, we have a great stadium in one of the most desirable cities in the World and give ambitious young players a chance. If we can also compete for titles regularly then why would they want to leave? City and Liverpool aren't losing their best players. If some of our players become World class and Barca or Madrid come calling then they are going to get bent over for £100m+ for them.

Yeah TBF we proper bent over Madrid for Anelka and used the money to buy a player that turned out to be god-level.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

In 3 years time I genuinely think we could have a title challenging team. There will be a lot of players entering their peak years with a lot of experience. Of course we need to fill in the ?'s with top quality but I have faith that with Champions League money and status, Raul and Edu we will.

GK - Leno - 30
DR - Bellerin - 27
DC - Saliba - 21
DC - ?
DL - Tierney - 25
DMC - ?
MC - Guendouzi - 23
MC - Ceballos - 26
AML - ?
AMR - Pepe - 27
SC - ?

Add AMN - 24, Willock - 23, Nelson - 22, Martinelli - 21, Saka - 20, ESR - 22, Nketiah - 23 and maybe another couple stepping up from the U23's.

F*ck it and fill in the gaps like this, Holding, Torreira, Sancho and Piatek.

Also Havertz in for Ceballos.

Malky

Established Member
pkpu6gy.jpg

I think this will be our most used line-up this season. Most players are at a good age, Saliba can come in next year to replace David Luiz. Hopefully we sign Ceballos. Only Auba and Laca are getting on in age.

Young players like Willock, Nelson, ASR, AMN & Chambers also in the squad. Even Kolasinac is only 26. Looks brilliant.
Who is made captain in that side? Auba, Laca, possibly Bellerin?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Who is made captain in that side? Auba, Laca, possibly Bellerin?
Tierney, just to piss of those Celtic nonces.

No beside jokes, lots of captain material in that team. Tierney is a leader and lives 100% football by all accounts. Holding is English, solid, vocal so if he continues his rise he's an option for me. Guendouzi is all passion, determination and a leader on the pitch already for me. Plenty of good choices.

Malky

Established Member

No beside jokes, lots of captain material in that team. Tierney is a leader and lives 100% football by all accounts. Holding is English, solid, vocal so if he continues his rise he's an option for me. Guendouzi is all passion, determination and a leader on the pitch already for me. Plenty of good choices.
Pissing off Celtic fans is always a valid reason! :lol:

I agree with what you're saying though, can easily see any of Tierney, Holding or Guendouzi as future captains.
Personally I can see Holding being given it! Once he returns and (hopefully) gets back into the side, showing the form he was in before his injury, the future captaincy will be his to lose.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
pkpu6gy.jpg

I think this will be our most used line-up this season. Most players are at a good age, Saliba can come in next year to replace David Luiz. Hopefully we sign Ceballos. Only Auba and Laca are getting on in age.

Young players like Willock, Nelson, ASR, AMN & Chambers also in the squad. Even Kolasinac is only 26. Looks brilliant.
Willock to bench Torreira. I think Torreira will have to be a tactical substitute from now on.

To me this is the first choice formation and team. Maybe put Lucas at the base of a V, but basically this. And somehow i dont think we will see this more than twice this year. Emery has weird ideals.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
T
pkpu6gy.jpg

Those fullbacks! Can't wait.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
And...? :lol:

This is what annoyed me when finding out he was leaving the very next day, Willock, Özil or Nelson would have offered more than bringing on Mkhi in hope that he gives us a romantic farewell gesture.

I keep reading people complaining about bringing him on vs Sp**s but I don’t understand the issue. We needed a goal for all 3 points. I ****ing can’t stand Mhki too, but I understood he was the best of the options to either score or create the winner vs two youngsters without a PL goal to their names combined or a post contract and match fitness lacking Mesut Özil.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
:drool:
pkpu6gy.jpg

Throw Saliba and Nketia in there next season too...

Soon we’ll be out here destroying other PL clubs with basically a Carling Cup squad. :drool::drool::drool:

Ciscoo

Yeah, sorry to be a downer but the problem with that is if a lot of those players reach top potential the ££££ clubs come sniffing round like hungry swine.

The concept of the one-company man is long gone. Destroyed by Ashley Cole (I’m joking) (not :mad:)

Tbh a Coutinho-like deal is probably our best chance of joining the elite. As long as we don’t **** around with contracts, we’ll be fine.

zilfy

can easily see any of Tierney, Holding or Guendouzi as future captains.
Personally I can see Holding being given it! Once he returns and (hopefully) gets back into the side, showing the form he was in before his injury, the future captaincy will be his to lose.
Surely laca gets a shout out for captain? Plays with as much passion as anyone, so he can lead by example.
and winning seems to mean more to him than the other players too- it's written on his face

Latest posts+

Top Bottom