• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Robert Samuel Holding #16

NINTCHDBPICT000510752949-e1564837853938.jpg

Nationality: English
189.png

Position: Central Defender
Height: 1.89m
Dominant foot: Right
Contract until: 2023

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Kind a weird reading about these details...anyway, I hope he returns to full fitness and keeps Luiz and Sokrates on their toes.

Last edited:

Wilshero

All aboard the Holding hype train.

In all seriousness, he's only had a couple of months of, by all means, very good performances before a lenghty and serious injury. We don't know what level he'll be back to, and in my eyes this season should be considered a re-acclimatization period for him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He better come back peak Maldini the way fans have been hyping him up in his time off injured.

Classic A-M. During those games that Holding started Mustafi actually started most of the games too. For example in the Liverpool game at home it could be argued that Mustafi put in the better performance. Regardless it's not like our defence was water tight around that period either, we weren't exactly keeping clean sheets every week and were still letting in at least the 1 goal every week.

Our best defensive period came around mid to late March if I recall correctly, long after Holding was injured.

What all that being said he was putting in some decent performances and look very much improved from his first couple of seasons so if he can continue to improve then perhaps he could force Sokratis out of his spot.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Came across this just now. Very nice to see how he coped with his injury and recovery. I remember Hector posting some diary clips from his journey as well. Can't wait to have him back in the squad.

Think he can become Djik, Ferdinand, Vidic, Campbell level! Unreal talent! Best defender at the club! Probably in the world!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
He better come back peak Maldini the way fans have been hyping him up in his time off injured.

The praise is deserved, we never lost in the 15 games he played in last season. That included wins over Sp**s, Everton, LCFC, Watford, Bournemouth, and our highest scoring win against Fulham 5-1. Draws against Pool, Utd, Wolves and Palace. Keeping clean sheets in 4 of the 5 Europa League matches he played in.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

If he comes through this, Mokbel says he'll be for available for the Watford match on September 15. Would imagine he'd start in the EL game a few days later too.

nicky47

Established Member
Would be wonderful... But even if that was to happen, its going to take him a while to get up to speed. Same goes for Bellerin and Tierny.

I hope people won't be expecting too much from them so soon after their long injuries. (Who am I kidding)

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Would be wonderful... But even if that was to happen, its going to take him a while to get up to speed. Same goes for Bellerin and Tierny.

I hope people won't be expecting too much from them so soon after their long injuries. (Who am I kidding)

Great to get him back, was very mature and consistent for his age before the injury. CB's peak later.

But one mistake and BigPoppaPump will flood this thread saying he was right, and Holding was not prime Puyol like everyone here said. Which actually no one said, or anything like it. :)

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Thinking he’ll push Sokratis out the starting XI. Luiz- we know what he’s all about. On his best day he’s better than our current CB’s. Holding has room to mature and playing along side Luiz, he may learn a trick or two.

Was gutted when he got his injury. He was fully putting his stamp on our starting XI. He’s very comfortable with the ball at his feet, great in the air and times his tackles well. He’s basically what everyone thinks John Stones is.

Hoping his U23 appearances have sharpened him up somewhat. Would love for him to pick up where he left off.

LG10

Sokratis and Luiz will never work, two idiots. Holding is solid and unspectacular, nowhere near as good as people are saying but he’ll give our defence more balance.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Fan opinion of him varies wildly but most seem to agree that he’s starting quality. I look forward to having him back.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sokratis and Luiz will never work, two idiots. Holding is solid and unspectacular, nowhere near as good as people are saying but he’ll give our defence more balance.

Personally I'm saying solid CB is better than great for Arsenal at this point. That is what we have missed.

He made some mistakes when younger, but before his injury I cannot remember him making them. All CB's make some mistakes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom