• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford vs Arsenal | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Result

• Watford win

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 69 81.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zilfy

Just 3 points. Tricky game at the best of time after an international break going against a team with a new/old manager compounds the trickiness.
A new manager doesn't seemed to have helped Chelsea any, maybe the new manager impact is over exaggerated a little?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
A new manager doesn't seemed to have helped Chelsea any, maybe the new manager impact is over exaggerated a little?

I don't think it is really exaggerated. Teams tend to have a short term uplift in results after a new manager is appointed. Particularly if that change happens mid season and not beginning of the season like Lampard. Perfect example is Solskjaer, after his appointment United had a big uplift in results but it was only temporary.

Anyway we should be beating Watford regardless. I just want to see us play well away from home in the league. Not sure we had even one convincing win away last season.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

vuitton2006lr.jpg

Bit of make-up, and he'll be giving Barbara Cartland a run for the money, good lord!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

As below, a mid season change tends to produce good short term results. No evidence to support this other than dodgy memory and the fact that it happens so regularly must mean it delivers a result of sorts.

I expect us to be too strong and getting Pepe back early is a big plus. The midfield and who partners Sokratis are the two big questions as the rest of the team should pick itself.

Hexagon9

I don't think it is really exaggerated. Teams tend to have a short term uplift in results after a new manager is appointed. Particularly if that change happens mid season and not beginning of the season like Lampard. Perfect example is Solskjaer, after his appointment United had a big uplift in results but it was only temporary.

Anyway we should be beating Watford regardless. I just want to see us play well away from home in the league. Not sure we had even one convincing win away last season.

Fulham. Can’t think of too many others though.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

are you sorted now? I had the same, had to delete browsing history and that sorted me
No happened couple hours ago too.

Ffs A-M promoting gambling, intrusive adds, but good servers hellll noooo

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The Laca news is a blow. But we’re making the right decision if it means he’s fit and firing on all cylinders. Mad to think he was 2 in 3 whilst half fit.

It’s gonna have to be Auba up top then. I hope we play one of Nelson or Martinelli out wide. Watford’s defence can be got at- let’s take the game to them.

Leno
AMN Luiz Chambers Kola
Torreira Guendouzi
Nelson Özil Pepe
Aubameyang

Subs: Martinez, Sokratis, Holding, Xhaka, Willock, Ceballos, Martinelli.

I think we should bring Chambers in for Sokratis who’s been less than impressive recently. One of Özil or Ceballos needs to start- we need a creative edge.

I think we’ll win 1-3. Welbeck will probably score against us- it’ll happen. I reckon Pepe will break his duck and Auba will grab a brace.

#COYG

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Good to hear our No1 CF will be playing as CF, Pepe & Nelson either side with Ceballos as No10 would be lovely!

Nelson-----Auba----Pepe
-----------Ceballos
---Torreira--Guendouzi
Kola-Sokratis-Luiz-AMN
-------------Leno

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think we’ll see Özil starting out wide or we’ll play a diamond/4-3-1-2 in away games with Pepe and Auba up front. Hopefully those two formations include Özil and Ceballos and not a midfield 3 of Torreira, Guendouzi and Xhaka.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think the loss of Hazard and the transfer ban has had a bigger impact than the manager.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I think its Big name Small experience syndrome. We've seen it before with Gary Neville and the great Henry. Just because you were a good player doesn't mean you can manage. It works both ways, look at Wenger! No way is Lampard ready for Chelsea but I'm pleased they felt he was.

Iceman10

Established Member
Auba Laca Pepe

Ceballos

Guendouzi Torreira

Kola Luiz Chambers AMN
Leno

If we have a squad with true competition there should be accountability for Sokratis and Xhaka errors in the NLD.

Didn't think Torreira was great in the NLD, but maybe it was part fitness, and also I don't see Guendouzi able to confine himself to a pure holding midfielder, i.e. Torreira + Guendouzi behind a #10.

Özil and Willock: second half subs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom