• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford vs Arsenal | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Result

• Watford win

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 69 81.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

His " be careful what you wish for " quote never seemed more accurate. :lol::lol:
Hope all the banner waving, disrespectful Wenger haters are happy with what they wished for. We lost one of the greatest ever Premier League managers for this greasy haired, constantly confused, joke of a manager.
But Wenger finished 6th?

Emery not being the right man for the job doesn't mean Wenger was? Do you not remember what happened towards the end of his tenure. What are you actually talking about?

Gursha

I dont see how people still arguing about wenger...
Will Wenger do better than Emery? well, im pretty sure he will...
BUT! will Wenger want to replace Emery? NO!
We made an entire reshuffle in the boardroom and if Wenger agreed to "only" being a modern first team coach he would still be here.

He refused to accept the modernization of his role and thats why we part ways...

If Wenger accepts his new role as "just" a first team coach... im sure he'll do better than emery...

But he wont... so stop comparing them. even the slightest comparison between them is disrespectful to one of the greatest managers to grace the game.

Ashybashy86

Sensible post at last. Sokratis booted the ball long numerous times, this particular time he had a brain fart and passed to an opposition player. That’s not on Emery. That’s how he is. It’s been coming all last season and again the last couple of weeks. The manager does his work during the week but can do nothing about mistakes like this. Luiz is just as bad. Who can’t see this.

And our midfield is simply not good enough. Douzi is some talent and will come good. But at 20 he’s still learning and yesterday was a game too far. Xhaka has always been suspect, too slow in delivering the ball, liable to brain farts and poor awareness. Torreira is a lightweight. Willock is still work in progress.

And until we get the backbone of a defence with a solid reliable DM and two CBs to match it doesn’t matter who the manager is.

Our attacking options with Ceballos, Özil, Auba, Pepe and Laca can match any team in Europe. Behind them is poor.

We are still a Ferrari pulling a caravan.
Emery has players good enough to best lowly Watford. Players who collectively should not be dominated the way they were. That’s an issue with how they’re set up. He should also realise that if he insists on playing out from the back, Sokratis is no good. He has Chambers who’s much more comfortable on the ball.

God only knows what instructions he gave them at half time, but I can imagine it was something along the lines of “Continue with your work.”

Also, Emery has brain farts with his substitutions.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But Wenger finished 6th?

Emery not being the right man for the job doesn't mean Wenger was? Do you not remember what happened towards the end of his tenure. What are you actually talking about?
Come on bro, what manager can perform with protests, empty stadium, memes, jokes, YouTube rants, media mocking, planes overhead. He was top 4 all the way up until 2016 when it all kicked off. It paralysed him and the team.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Emery has players good enough to best lowly Watford. Players who collectively should not be dominated the way they were. That’s an issue with how they’re set up. He should also realise that if he insists on playing out from the back, Sokratis is no good. He has Chambers who’s much more comfortable on the ball.

God only knows what instructions he gave them at half time, but I can imagine it was something along the lines of “Continue with your work.”

Also, Emery has brain farts with his substitutions.
There were some better players in that Watford side bro. Our players kept giving the ball away over and over, did their players?

Deuloffeu is top draw and was a class above AMN and Sokratis. They couldn’t handle him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

What is weird about us is that we adapt our performance levels to be just about poor enough to dissapoint. It's so strange.:lol:

Plucky performance against Liverpool that would have seen us hold up against the Spuds and Watford defences. Attack wise we played well enough against Spuds to destroy Watford. We just don't make sense.

I know that we don't have the players to play out of the back but is that a justification for how bad we are doing it? That's what I'm trying to figure out right now.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Also bar the Sokratis mistake.

Any defence is likely to concede or give away a penalty under 45 minutes of concerted pressure from a premier league club. I nowthink the midfield/team structure in general is not good enough. We're just expecting them to do to much.

Vanfrothan

If we had Iwobi to bring on yesterday, I'm convinced we would have seen them off and taken the points.

Iwobi had many faults but he could keep the ball and dragged us up the pitch.

I rate Willock and Nelson but they killed us when we brought them on. It was just too much for them and they couldn't keep it. Especially Nelson.

Seems like we've cleared out a bit too much I fear.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

At least the people crying for the kids to play all the time can finally give it a rest for a few games.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Come on bro, what manager can perform with protests, empty stadium, memes, jokes, YouTube rants, media mocking, planes overhead. He was top 4 all the way up until 2016 when it all kicked off. It paralysed him and the team.
Mannnn, I don't know about all that.

It's the same way I know that Unai has very valid excuses at his disposal but the job of a manager is to take accountability for the teams performances.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What is weird about us is that we adapt our performance levels to be just about poor enough to dissapoint. It's so strange.:lol:

Plucky performance against Liverpool that would have seen us hold up against the Spuds and Watford defences. Attack wise we played well enough against Spuds to destroy Watford. We just don't make sense.

I know that we don't have the players to play out of the back but is that a justification for how bad we are doing it? That's what I'm trying to figure out right now.
Punt it to ****ing Kolasinac. At least after it became to difficult last year, Cech told the players to go forward and kicked it to Kolasinac and we played from there. These dumbass players blindly follow his instructions. We have the least suited team right now to play out from the back. Only David Luiz can find a pass.

Sokratis? Shocking.
Ainsley? Its a coin toss what he will do.
Kolasinac? Only looks down.
Xhaka? Cannot turn, always plays it back.
Guendouzi? Holds on to it untill he’s fouled or loses it.

Get ****ed Emery, get ****ed.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

There were some better players in that Watford side bro. Our players kept giving the ball away over and over, did their players?

Deuloffeu is top draw and was a class above AMN and Sokratis. They couldn’t handle him.
Deulofeu is ****ing **** and a failure at every club he was before watford. We allowed a fast player to run at Ainsley 1v1 20 god damn times in one half. And still he did not score. Give me Pepe 1v1 20 times vs a Watford defender for **** sake and lets see what happens. But no, that doesn not happen because they are set up to not let that happen while we are set up to **** ourselves in the ass.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
If we had Iwobi to bring on yesterday, I'm convinced we would have seen them off and taken the points.

Iwobi had many faults but he could keep the ball and dragged us up the pitch.

I rate Willock and Nelson but they killed us when we brought them on. It was just too much for them and they couldn't keep it. Especially Nelson.

Seems like we've cleared out a bit too much I fear.

Iwobi is goddamn awful and would have done **** all.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Punt it to ****ing Kolasinac. At least after it became to difficult last year, Cech told the players to go forward and kicked it to Kolasinac and we played from there. These dumbass players blindly follow his instructions. We have the least suited team right now to play out from the back. Only David Luiz can find a pass.

Sokratis? Shocking.
Ainsley? Its a coin toss what he will do.
Kolasinac? Only looks down.
Xhaka? Cannot turn, always plays it back.
Guendouzi? Holds on to it untill he’s fouled or loses it.

Get ****ed Emery, get ****ed.
It's all ****ed.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Ainsley seemed to be scared to tackle Deulofeu. What I would have done for Lauren type yesterday to put a firm challenge in to let him know you there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Delafeou and even Sarr Perryra when they came on has all time they need because of our narrow formation we just didn't know how to play with it despite having 4 man in midfield we were open and our average fullbacks left without help. This formation will only work when you have good fullbacks and midfield who capable of playing with yesterday it we had neither that's why we easily got outplayed

Pepes blue pill

I'll say it again. The players are not robots. The manager doesn't have to tell you everything. The player is on the field. We almost conceded twice before the goal eventually came and you're telling me that you as a player would need the manager to tell you to not play it short anymore? If that's the case then we really are in deep ****.

You understand I agreed about the players right? Just not going let the manager of as easy as you seem to want to, what happened yesterday was a disgrace

And no you dont have to say it a third time

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Deulofeu was beating AMN with consummate ease. He wasn’t even doing anything special- just shifting the ball half a yard and cutting inside. It’s insane the amount of shots he was able to take.

We were camped on the edge of our box for 45 minutes basically. Then we subbed Guendouzi, Özil and Ceballos, three players who can get on the ball and take the sting out the game.

Even at 2-2 we had chances to win. Willock had a lovely little run but failed to pick out Auba twice. Nelson looked flimsy and lost his footing a few times- shocking cameo from him. Xhaka t the end looked to give up on the ball after failing to control it with his right peg. The ball was coming across him, why not try and volley the ball on his left?

Goals came from individual errors but we could’ve killed the game had we shown a bit more attacking instinct. I just hope Emery can get us back in the CL- I can’t watch this football for much longer. This isn’t Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom