• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I thought I might create a poll for a new manager considering there is a lot of talk about Emery getting the sack early & a lot of people seem keen for him to get the sack.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we want a senior guy I'll go Allegri, we need someone to crack down on our defence, if we can't get him I'm happy for a young guy, I'd go Arteta I reckon if we go someone young.

If we keep Ljungberg as head I'm not fussed, I like what he's doing with our youth. Viera wouldn't be a bad choice either I don't think.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Hire Ljungberg for the caretaker role until the summer then go for the following names:
Lucien Favre of Dortmund
Brendan Rodgers of Leicester
Erik ten Hag of Ajax
Daniel Farke of Norwich
Patrick Vieira of OGC Nice
Sylvinho might be an option too if he does well at Lyon.
Luis Enrique if and when he decides to come back to football.
Quique Setién who is currently unemployed. He done very with a young Real Betis squad, they played good football and he helped developed Cellabos, Lo Celso and Fabian Ruiz who are all good midfielders that I rate.
Finally Naglesmann but he loves a 3 at the back but I’m not really into that and I’m not sure that formation would suit the majority of our players.

I avoided the “pragmatists” like Allegri, Mourinho, Simeone etc because I feel the squad would have to undergo a big overhaul and possibly differ with the club’s approach. I think the club wants attacking, attractive football, with an emphasis with youth.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I honestly can't bring myself to imagine Rodgers or Mourinho, yet I know they would do better than Emery. I'd have to work hard to avoid ever listening to them, especially Rodgers who says some absolute nonsense.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we were to go for someone else, I'd most likely go with Nagellsman if he wanted to come, if we were to go a big squad overhaul getting a completely different senior guy, I'd have no issues with Jardim, Simeone, Luis Enrique in the future tbh, I'd rather avoid that I think though for the time being. I'd stay away from Mourinho though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’ve said a lot I’d like Wilder but I think it’s way too soon for him to be a viable candidate.

You need a couple more years to see if he’s a real top manager or a Phil Brown type flash in the pan.

That list up there is pretty bleak, I guess I’d give it Rodgers out of those but I think he has major flaws.

My choice right now if we could tempt him back to England would be Rafa. He’s always excelled in the PL, has top level experience and is well respected.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Tough list, that. I'd go with Allegri if we're looking to stabilize, that or *sigh* Rafa.

Both won't set the world alight, but you can see them getting the team a certain, more organized way.

My fear is that we're wasting Auba's best years if we're going for someone with very little managing experience.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I've got the option of "others" up there as you can see, I just got that list off an article I read today on the favourites to take over if it were to happen mid season. I wasn't keen on doing to many either atm because there are a lot of other contenders. I'll edit & put a few more up if people want, sorry.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Give me Erik Ten Hag. Elite name. Played the pants of real madrid in the CL.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Unless things go really bad, which they won’t, I’m sticking with Emery for the remainder of the season.

Utd and Chelsea are so weak that we will remain on course for top 4 despite any Emery ****ery.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Some names from above are automatically ruled out, Mourinho will be considered too defensive.

Eddie Howe doesn’t fit the profile, the players we’re signing are bigger names than him.

Ljunberg too risky, Allegri probably will have bigger offers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Despite being a good manager, Edu and Raul aren’t here to work with Rodgers.

Arteta and Vieira look big candidates.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

In addition to the candidates listed above, whom I'd gladly take any of at this moment, I'd like to add Simeone & Hasenhüttl.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Despite being a good manager, Edu and Raul aren’t here to work with Rodgers.

Arteta and Vieira look big candidates.
What do you mean by Edu & Raul not wanting, being here to work with guys like Rogers?

Whilst I wouldn't go with Eddie Howe I certainly don't think he's that bad, low profile of a manager, he plays decent football & he's only young, can get better. He's brought Bournemouth as a decent club in the PL now.

Impact

Established Member
Despite Emery's style being uninspiring (to say the least), I think he will see out the season as our manager. Our individual attacking quality should see us place above Chelsea and Man Utd, which should mean a top 4 place.

Ideally, I'd like an ex-Arsenal man to take over next season or the season after. Internally, Ljungberg will be an option. Externally, Arteta, Vieira and Sylvinho all look credible options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom