• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa |Sunday 22nd September | KO 16:30 | Not Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Not sure if this will be a learning experience for Emery, instead just happiness with the comeback. Hope to be proven wrong. Xhaka is not a terrible player, but he doesn't deserve to start with other options in our squad, and if we have a meritocracy. Emery needs to do the same for Xhaka as he has done for Mustafi and Özil.

Emery also needs to stop setting us up to be so passive against teams we should have mentality to boss in the same way City did at the Etihad earlier in the weekend.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Torreira at the base (none of this b2b nonsense)
Willock driving us forward and pressing high up
Guendouzi with the forward passing

Xhaka in a goulag
I have huge reservations with regards to Torreira at the base of midfield, think that’s the missing part.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I genuinely don’t understand why Willock isn’t a starter? What just because he’s young or doesn’t have a transfer fee?

You need athleticism in midfield in this league, why doesn’t Emery understand this
?
Because Unai doesn’t like to play to the teams strengths. Would rather be pragmatic and play the Granit Xavi

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I have huge reservations with regards to Torreira at the base of midfield, think that’s the missing part.

I don't know who we play instead is the thing. It's not like Torreira has been amazing and is now getting the Sarri-Kante treatment. But he's probably the best we've got.

I don't pretend to understand football as well as others but, seems to me we need a rigid and dependable foundation of CB CB and DM, with another CM who won't just jog about (Willock) and will get back. We keep getting ripped apart in midfield.

Add in Hector and Kieran with a front four depending on the opposition and we might do better.

Ashybashy86

We were really good at not dropping points when down a player with Wenger. Don't quote me on this but I believe this is the first time we've collected 3 points when being down a player with Emery as our manager.
Yes. I remember Coquelin getting sent off against s**** away, then completely outplaying them. Should have won the game with Ramsey's chance.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I genuinely don’t understand why Willock isn’t a starter? What just because he’s young or doesn’t have a transfer fee?

You need athleticism in midfield in this league, why doesn’t Emery understand this?

Emery doesn't believe in holding or defensive midfielder. He never did. Never. Always plays his mids attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom