• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa |Sunday 22nd September | KO 16:30 | Not Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Much better when Willock and Torreira came on. Apparently some here are convinced Torreira is complete trash .... can’t see that at all myself?

It seems Özil is finished at AFC, well it’s seemed that way for a while reading between the lines but the point is being hammered home and the remaining few people who were unclear about the situation are now beginning to understand. I guess he is happy just to collect his cash, and why not? Playing isn’t everything I guess. Even Miki who was slightly ahead in the pecking order, has bounced to seek regular game time.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Much better when Willock and Torreira came on. Apparently some here are convinced Torreira is complete trash .... can’t see that at all myself?

It seems Özil is finished at AFC, well it’s seemed that way for a while reading between the lines but the point is being hammered home and the remaining few people who were unclear about the situation are now beginning to understand. I guess he is happy just to collect his cash, and why not? Playing isn’t everything I guess. Even Miki who was slightly ahead in the pecking order, has bounced to seek regular game time.
Sad to see my 2010 WC hero turn into an absolute leach...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

If Emery ends up in top 4, we should honour the contract and keep him for one more but id rather not keep him beyond that, if there are better managers out there like Allegri for example.
Doubt we can get Allegri, but if we are able we should absolutely switch.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Also emery said Auba make decision to give pepe the penalty. Great from auba it was vital moment he could have easily took it
He might’ve felt bad he took the goal on Thursday when he saw Pepe ready to tap in to his right just after he scored. Looked at Pepe sheepishly as he celebrated. I’m glad he gave Pepe the penalty. Team player. Easily our best right now.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Torreira looks better, to me, having been further forward. We don't need out and out defensive midfielders but players that are mobile.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But Torreira has been garbage in that position. Get Willock in there and our pressing will be 10 times better and the result will be what we saw in the last 20 minutes today. We don't need an out and out dm.

Nonsense. MotM against Ronaldo and Portugal in the World Cup and played as a DM consistently during our 20 game unbeaten run in the first half of last season.

People really have short memories:
https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/footb...-has-been-the-signing-of-the-season-1.1107852

It was when we switched to a back 3 (first time away at Bournemouth), that his form dipped - unsurprisingly so with the wing backs leaving so much more space and our midfield getting more stretched.

The 5-1 defeat at Anfield was his first bad game in an Arsenal shirt, and it seems that was enough for Emery to restrict his involvement. Red card at Sp**s was another low point, and it was clear then he was struggling to regain his confidence.

His capability to play as a DM though is not in question. That's what made his career at the highest level.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Nonsense. MotM against Ronaldo and Portugal in the World Cup and played as a DM consistently during our 20 game unbeaten run in the first half of last season.

People really have short memories:
https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/footb...-has-been-the-signing-of-the-season-1.1107852

It was when we switched to a back 3 (first time away at Bournemouth), that his form dipped - unsurprisingly so with the wing backs leaving so much more space and our midfield getting more stretched.

The 5-1 defeat at Anfield was his first bad game in an Arsenal shirt, and it seems that was enough for Emery to restrict his involvement. Red card at Sp**s was another low point, and it was clear then he was struggling to regain his confidence.

His capability to play as a DM though is not in question. That's what made his career at the highest level.
I don't care what he done during the world cup and even during the unbeaten run, we were crap defensively.

I am more willing to give him a second chance as it's pretty damned obvious who the real problem is.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't care what he done during the world cup and even during the unbeaten run, we were crap defensively.

I am more willing to give him a second chance as it's pretty damned obvious who the real problem is.

Well thank God for that :Celebration:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I had to leave when we went 1-2 down as I had plans and I didn't care anymore.

Now I've seen the result. Emery masterclass. Champions of Europe. Bring on OT. Xhaka the greatest player to put on the Arsenal shirt.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

All right, i won't. For a defensive midfielder, we sure gave up a lot of chances with him there.

That's not because he was "garbage in that position" as you put it.

Here he features in standout PL players 2018/19 (October 2018): https://www.premierleague.com/news/878408

Halfway through last season he was being mooted for player of the year, and being called things like the "white Kante" because of his defensive tenacity.

All of a sudden he can't play as a DM?

Like I said, the second half of the season was very different to the first for various reasons. None had anything to do with him being in the wrong position.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
It seems we need some good kick up the ass to start perform. In this case it was the sending off and the secondVilla goal. We played much better with 10 men.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Just watched MOTD, yes looks like Villa were denied a very strong pen shout at the end. Sokratis is indeed a liability.

On a more interesting note, they mentioned the decision to sub Xhaka was roundly applauded by the home crowd.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
That's not because he was "garbage in that position" as you put it.

Here he features in standout PL players 2018/19 (October 2018): https://www.premierleague.com/news/878408

Halfway through last season he was being mooted for player of the year, and being called things like the "white Kante" because of his defensive tenacity.

All of a sudden he can't play as a DM?

Like I said, the second half of the season was very different to the first for various reasons. None had anything to do with him being in the wrong position.
I agree, he was so good for us up until December, so was Xhaka to to an extent. He didn't just lose that ability, our midfield has been an absolute disaster since that defensive crisis led to a reshuffle in shape and formation.

Torreira hasn't been given a chance there since, while Xhaka gets to play every game looking like a fool. With Torreira we can play a proper dynamic and aggressive 433. We can have him in the middle, with two technicians ready to help him going forward and also cover him at times.

Ever since January last season our defence has just been getting ran at non stop from gaps in our midfield... I don't get it. Taking out Torreira didnt change anything so now it’s time to drop Xhaka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom