• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa |Sunday 22nd September | KO 16:30 | Not Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Just watched MOTD, yes looks like Villa were denied a very strong pen shout at the end. Sokratis is indeed a liability.

On a more interesting note, they mentioned the decision to sub Xhaka was roundly applauded by the home crowd.
It hit his shoulder, VAR checked it as well. Not even a debate.

dbig

Good win. Come from behind with 10 men should lift the spirits. Hope Emery goes forward from here and starts selecting a better team from the start instead of stubbornly choosing the same combinations again.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It hit his shoulder, VAR checked it as well. Not even a debate.

Nah mate, he leaned into it and at best it was a grey area where shoulder meets arm....but who the hell cares anyway? 3 pts is all good

So far this season in the Prem its also transpired that VAR is not the gold seal of authenticity we imagined it to be :lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

With Torreira we can play a proper dynamic and aggressive 433. We can have him in the middle, with two technicians ready to help him going forward and also cover him at times.
I would play him in the middle with Guendouzi and Cabellos flanking him in a 433. Think we would be miles better than with Xhaka in there.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Nah mate, he leaned into it and at best it was a grey area where shoulder meets arm....but who the hell cares anyway? 3 pts is all good

So far this season in the Prem its also transpired that VAR is not the gold seal of authenticity we imagined it to be :lol:
Regardless, Villa have no right to complain given that the ref gifted them a man extra for half the game.

Raicore

Good win. Come from behind with 10 men should lift the spirits. Hope Emery goes forward from here and starts selecting a better team from the start instead of stubbornly choosing the same combinations again.

We'll have a strong chance to get top 4 if Emery has the balls to drop his underperforming favourites.. The team with 10 men played better than 11 men ffs..

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I wonder how long it's going to take Emery to realise how much better we played when Xhaka got taken off? Guendouzi then took the lead in the midfield & took control, played so well after Xhaka went off. We showed a lot of fight & determination with team spirit to come back from a goal down plus a man down.

When I saw Pepe take the penalty I was wondering if he was going to be the main penalty taker but I heard it was Aubas choice to give it to him, get his first goal & a bit of confidence then hopefully, I thought that was rather good of Auba especially in an important part of the game.

Lets see if this will bring new fight to the team now.

Raicore

I wonder how long it's going to take Emery to realise how much better we played when Xhaka got taken off? Guendouzi then took the lead in the midfield & took control, played so well after Xhaka went off. We showed a lot of fight & determination with team spirit to come back from a goal down plus a man down.

When I saw Pepe take the penalty I was wondering if he was going to be the main penalty taker but I heard it was Aubas choice to give it to him, get his first goal & a bit of confidence then hopefully, I thought that was rather good of Auba especially in an important part of the game.

Lets see if this will bring new fight to the team now.

Auba did it last season to Laca..hopefully with yesterdays selfless gesture..Pepe gets his confidence back and score loads of goals now..:bounce:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

David Luiz makes a hash of his clearance but look at Sokratis defending. Gets beaten for pace despite standing off by about 5 yards. Might as well stick a cone in there.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Regardless, Villa have no right to complain given that the ref gifted them a man extra for half the game.
I agree Moss made some bad calls but the person making the horrible decision in that situation is AMN, who should know damn well that a challenge like that can easily see a second yellow. We're reckless and immature all over the park at the moment. Far too many silly cards yesterday from Sokratis, Xhaka (Whats new), Guendouzi, AMN.. We have a serious discipline problem right now.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I would play him in the middle with Guendouzi and Cabellos flanking him in a 433. Think we would be miles better than with Xhaka in there.
I agree except Willock has shown more than Ceballos now. Willock should be used in tougher games imo, at least until Ceballos gets to grip with the league and the system faster

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Imagine the neutrals watching that match. 5* entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom