• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup: Arsenal vs Nottingham Forest |Tuesday 24th September | KO 19:45 | Streams

What will the result be

• Arsenal go through in 120 mins or pens

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

I assume those of you suggesting we risk first-team players returning from injury in a game against clodhoppers in the least important tournament we are in are being ironic.
I had the same thought, but there is comfort that they are a championship team, they are not like a no-name who play on the moors.
The other consolation is that they are challenging for the title and only lost on the opening day of the season. I think they really fancy their chances for the league, thus may not risk blowing that chance with stupidness. The fact they are challenging makes me more comfortable in respect of than playing a PL team that have little scope for glory except in a negative fashion.
I think therefore the risk is minimised unless they play 2nd string players who do stupidness to make a name for themselves.

They will come with hope, knowing how chaotic and erratic we are esp. if we field a much changed side, they are organised, don't give goals easy, I think they will come to play.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The only trouble with playing Bellerin and Tierney is you’ll need to bring them off at some point. Ideally you don’t want to be making two subs for full backs in a competitive match. Other than that it’s the perfect game for them to play in and build up fitness. Then they can play for the U23s on Saturday and in the Europa League next Thursday.

Reyes no.11

Formation: 4-3-3

---------------------------------Martinez

Chambers--------Mustafi-----------------Mavropanos---------Kolasinac

----------------------------------Torreira
-------------------Willock----------------------Özil(c)
Nelson---------------------------------------------------------------Saka
---------------------------------Martinelli

Subs: Macey, Holding, Bellerin, Tierney, Ceballos, Smith Rowe, John-Jules

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Honestly a 30% fit Bellerin is a better option than AMN. Tierney’s style of play more than anything makes me believe he’ll be a hit here. He’s all or nothing.

Most Scotts would take Tierney over Robertson due to his versatility and his all round game. As @rich 1990, these pair coming back could change define our season... and Emery’s job.

Yeah but what if Bellerin has nothing in the tank after about 65 minutes and we’re a goal down at OT.

It’d be wasting a sub swapping out a RB in such a huge game imo. Start AMN there and if Holding is alright roll with him in and Calum in the middle.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yeah but what if Bellerin has nothing in the tank after about 65 minutes and we’re a goal down at OT.

It’d be wasting a sub swapping out a RB in such a huge game imo. Start AMN there and if Holding is alright roll with him in and Calum in the middle.

FFS now I fully expect to be 1-0 down after 65 mins. You see what you do?! :mad:

9jagooner

I watched Tierney in the U23 last Friday. It is either he was trying hard not to get injured or he's not yet fully fit. If he plays today's match, he'll get that opportunity to regain some match fitness and gel more with the first team. I don't think he'll be ready to start against United on Monday.

Gunnertwin

Excited to see Tierney, Bellerin, Nelson, Emi, Martinelli, ESR and Saka. Not bothered if Mustafi plays as we need him to stay fit and put in good performances in order to actually flog him for a decent fee in the summer.

Any chance Balogun or John Jules featuring?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
This has to be a game for as many players as possible who didn't play a major part on Sunday:

Martinez, Mustafi, Özil, Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Willock, Saka, Martinelli, Mavropanos

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Why do people want to see Özil in this game? It's a rubbish game usually to give young players a chance to see where they are, it's not for players on 350k who can't get minutes in PL.
ESR over Özil for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom