• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Arsenal memory?

What is your worst Arsenal memory?

• Total voters

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

All my worst Arsenal memories have been mentioned. I was 12 years old when we lost in Paris and I genuinely remember tearing up asking my old man wtf just happened.

The 6-0 away to Chelski stands out because it happened on my birthday. That was ****ing brutal. However one memory I can’t ever shake is our CL tie against Barca in 2010/11;

Van Judas was farcically sent off. But we still managed to keep ourselves in the tie. Wilshere, fresh off owning their entire midfield at The Emirates, slides Bendtner in for the winner and that clown’s touch was unfathomably bad (8:41).

Honestly this is my 2nd worst memory , felt like it was all rigged . From the constant diving , tactical fouling , baldiola carrying on from the sidelines , ****ing goalkeeper whose name escapes me with his hands around RVP's neck and that ****ing ref - fycj that **** .

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
8-2 for me. It wasn't a very long time after having a brilliant team who had arguably underachieved. Fabregas had gone, Nasri was half way out the door.

I could not believe how poorly prepped we were for the start of the season. I thought we'd effectively thrown the game when I saw the lineup. Still, that said, I couldn't have fathomed that we would get so humiliated, especially annoying that it was Fergusons United. It made me sick for days.

I can barely talk about it without getting furious. It told me so much about our planning. Our direction. What messages we were sending out to our fans, players, and the other team.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
First time poster, long time reader so hello everyone! I’m surprised no one’s mentioned the 2-0 defeat at OT which ended our unbeaten run. Mike Riley refereeing and giving them an 8th penalty in a row at OT after Rooney dived, Ferdinand taking out Ljungberg when he was through on goal and Van Nistlerooy raking his studs down Cole’s leg and not even picking up a yellow.........pretty sure Reyes got kicked off the park that day too. Never felt that team was the same after such a travesty of a defeat. I was so angry I threw my homework out the window :lol::facepalm:

Riley was a disgrace that day. He did the dirty work and got his promotion as head of the refs.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I was pretty gutted when Adebayor left, and hleb a year earlier. Unlike bigger players that had left previously, these two still had something to achieve at the club.

Rosicky being out for the best part of two years. He was such classy little player. The same with Cazorla during his last two years here.

Having to watch Xhaka for 3 years and counting.

ASIF

Champions league final loss to Barcelona.We played with 10 men for almost the whole match Sol Campbell scored a bullet of an header and we defended soo well till 70 mins.Then Barka dogs scored an offside goal.Henry had 2 one on one chances which he would normally put away 10/10 time but that wasnt our night I guess.I cried a little that night.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The Champions League thing hits home later. At the time I thought we’ll be back there etc, it’s only later you realise how hard it is to win it, clubs like Utd and Barcelona have gone 20/30 year periods without it.

I underestimated the CL at the time, looked at it as a “big competition”, but really, it’s the holy grail.

Makes Liverpool wining it 6 times so phenomenal, but that club just has a different energy in that competition, I don’t know why.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
The Champions League thing hits home later. At the time I thought we’ll be back there etc, it’s only later you realise how hard it is to win it, clubs like Utd and Barcelona have gone 20/30 year periods without it.

I underestimated the CL at the time, looked at it as a “big competition”, but really, it’s the holy grail.

Makes Liverpool wining it 6 times so phenomenal, but that club just has a different energy in that competition, I don’t know why.

We were never tactically so good and defence had problems in big matches in CL.We also didn't have luck in some seasons,like in 2004 and 2008.

We were way different in 2006.Played on result and almost got it at the end.

remains

Has to be the the CL final really.

Not on the list but I was absolutely gutted when Griezmann scored that late goal for Atletico in the EL semi at the Emirates. We played basically the whole game vs 10 men and failed to take advantage, gifting them the equaliser at the end. With Atletico’s home record that was the moment I just knew we had bottled the tie.

The romantic in me really wanted Wenger to leave with a European cup, which is why that particular result hurt so much.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What about the Eduardo injury? I thought we were going to win the title until that point. We were 5/6 points ahead in the league.

Saw that as the Gallas meltdown one, what a lovely day that was.

I’ll never know what the f*ck Clichy was thinking for their penalty.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Has to be the the CL final really.

Not on the list but I was absolutely gutted when Griezmann scored that late goal for Atletico in the EL semi at the Emirates. We played basically the whole game vs 10 men and failed to take advantage, gifting them the equaliser at the end. With Atletico’s home record that was the moment I just knew we had bottled the tie.

The romantic in me really wanted Wenger to leave with a European cup, which is why that particular result hurt so much.
Koscielny was dead to me after that match. So happy he missed out on a world cup medal and left here in disgrace.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The only positive that day was Theo showing what he was capable of

Part of me knew at the time the title was gone as soon they equalised.

Remember I was a lot calmer when we lost away at Chelsea and Utd late on in the season because I’d resigned myself to it.

The Flamini and Eduardo injuries f*cked us bad. Also

I think naming Gallas captain and him acting how he did must have been carnage in the dressing room.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom