• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
No idea how liking Özil as a footballer somehow means you don‘t like Arsenal or not wanting what‘s best for the club.

Obviously everyone here wants what‘s best for the club, and in my opinion what’s best for the club right now is our manager finding a way to incorporate one of our most talented players. We NEED him. If he isn‘t able to find a way to play such a talented player, then I have no faith that he can do a job at our club, which pretends to be a top club.

This is valid for every talented player we have, and not just Özil. So if Emery suddenly got pissed at Lacazette for some reason, I would the argue the same things.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We see that coming in summer to be honest and Özil too it's his fault he didn't searched for new club to unleash his missing talent that been missing since 2016. Let's hope the deal that see him go to MLS complete in January
Let's hope the deal to see you go to the MLS is completed in January.

Mesut will outlast Emery at this club, no doubt in my mind.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Forgotten man. Nobody genuinely cares that he isn't playing--they'll just use it as a twig to beat Emery with when he doesn't play and we don't win.

As per, the longer he doesn't play, the better he becomes and the more we'll somehow miss him. People never learn.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
There seems to be an assumption in some quarters that if/when Emery gets the chop the first edict of the new manager will be to restore Özil to his rightful place in a regular starting role.

Fellas - you’re livin in a world of puppy dogs & ice cream.

Forgotten man. Nobody genuinely cares that he isn't playing--they'll just use it as a twig to beat Emery with when he doesn't play and we don't win.

As per, the longer he doesn't play, the better he becomes and the more we'll somehow miss him. People never learn.

People don't care because we've had 7 years of him and we know what he brings and what he lacks. One great moment every 3 games doesn't make up for his general attitude for me.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How can anyone have witnessed our haphazard defending lately and concluded that the absence of a playmaker who jogs around waiting for the ball is our problem?

We need to shore up in midfield and at the back.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No idea why he didn't start yesterday, it was literally the perfect game for him. No one can tell me Ceballos at 10 was the better option than Özil.
It’s because Ceballos tracked back and made tackles.

Which raises the question: why play with a no10 if you just want them to be a no8? He confuses me.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Özil had a great game against Watford, result: dropped. I mean its almost as if Emery was playing him with the hope that he'll be ****e so that he'll have more justificaiton for dropping him.

Bernardo Silva had a great game against Watford.

Özil played a few nice passes and drifted between spaces trying to link midfield and attack but Watford carved us open at will due to the huge gaps and non existent pressure on the ball.

We need a higher bar than this.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There seems to be an assumption in some quarters that if/when Emery gets the chop the first edict of the new manager will be to restore Özil to his rightful place in a regular starting role.

Fellas - you’re livin in a world of puppy dogs & ice cream.

'He'll outlast Emery lol', they scoff. And then what? That will do?... Bizarre.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Bernardo Silva had a great game against Watford.

Özil played a few nice passes and drifted between spaces trying to link midfield and attack but Watford carved us open at will due to the huge gaps and non existent pressure on the ball.

We need a higher bar than this.
We lost the match after him and Ceballos were pulled out. We have been very poor at making chances as well, relying on individual brilliance to get us over the line. All the matches we won were won on single goal margins. Özil has a place in this team.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
How can anyone have witnessed our haphazard defending lately and concluded that the absence of a playmaker who jogs around waiting for the ball is our problem?

You might be onto something. Maybe we need a 4th DM?

razörist

It’s because Ceballos tracked back and made tackles.

Which raises the question: why play with a no10 if you just want them to be a no8? He confuses me.
Well bro he doesn't want to play with a no10. As evidenced by the way he uses Torreira as the most advanced midfielder.

At home.

razörist

You know what helps with that? A player that can receive the ball in the small spaces in midfield. A player that can play the correct pass after receiving it or hold on to it for a bit. We took him and Ceballos off against watford and we couldn't keep the ball for three seconds.

But you do you and go with Emery's 3 DM strategy. Because with the error prone players we have it's such a smart tactic to sit deep and invite pressure.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I feel the only way we can get rid of him is to
bench him for the season. Then the club
should adopt the Bale treatment to get him
out of the club. If he decides to stay if he isn't
getting playing time, then it will become
apparent to everyone that he's here for the
money.
It worked out for Madrid when they were
trying to get rid of Bale. It was Asensio's
injury that made the move fell through.
I love this guy. But you can just tell that he's
using our club as a retirement home. Only
that the welfare in this case is the jackpot.
With his wage, we could get two genuine
world class players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom