• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Arsenal memory?

What is your worst Arsenal memory?

• Total voters

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Part of me knew at the time the title was gone as soon they equalised.

Remember I was a lot calmer when we lost away at Chelsea and Utd late on in the season because I’d resigned myself to it.

The Flamini and Eduardo injuries f*cked us bad. Also

I think naming Gallas captain and him acting how he did must have been carnage in the dressing room.

The fact he was given the # 10 jersey, worn by a player who is stratospheres apart from him, was ominous enough.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I'm still shocked that the Hasselbaink header at Elland Road doesn't feature prominently for most as the second worst memory after the 2006 CL final.

It literally handed the initiative to United & they went on to win the title by a solitary point.

A lot of things fell right for them that season.

But for Hasselbaink's goal & Bergkamp's missed penalty it would've been a double double for us instead of a historic treble for United.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Ofcourse the CL final if Henry would have scored a couple we would have won it. shame we didnt.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Clichy just clears that ball we win the title that year, so frustrating to think of.. Gallas stupid handball after we take the lead at OT is another, so many silly mistakes that proved costly..

The thing is we still should have won it even with those devastating losses at Chelsea and Utd.

We ended up struggling to draws against Villa, Wigan and Middlesbrough right after the Birmingham game. Two of those were at home as well.

That title run in will always haunt me, we should’ve been champions.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@Rex Banner is a sadist.

I haven't seen the highlights of any of the incidence in the OP, nor do I intend to.

Even typing this is like reinjuring old wound

say yes

forum master baiter
Only half joking as well.

The brilliance of football is that there is always another game / reason to be hopeful. I’ve never really struggled to get over defeats, however painful, as a result.

That decision to renew Wenger in 2017, when he was so clearly past it, killed any hope around the football club for an entire year. In hindsight, it seems that the club just wanted to put in place a new structure before moving away from the great man. But it felt like a sickening blow to the head at the time.

MikeVinna

Established Member
CL final. Heartbreaking really if you think about it. Some of those players (Henry/Bergkamp) really deserved it and so did Wenger. End of an era that loss..

Oh boy I just love this type of thread, I cried at the first result and was probably bald bitter and twisted by the last so here I go,
69: Swindon Town 3 Arsenal 1. league cup final
71: Stoke 5 Arsenal 0, league div 1
73: Leeds 6 Arsenal 1, league div 1
78:Ipswich 1 Arsenal 0, FA cup final
80:West Ham 1 Arsenal 0, FA cup final
85: York City 1 Arsenal 0, FA cup 4th
88: Luton town 3 Arsenal 2, league cup final
03: Arsenal 2 Leeds 3, league runners up.

These still all hurt but on a happy note watching Supermac knocking out Kenny Burns with one punch at Highbury rates alongside Sammy Nelsons mooning the North Bank.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Oh boy I just love this type of thread, I cried at the first result and was probably bald bitter and twisted by the last so here I go,

These still all hurt but on a happy note watching Supermac knocking out Kenny Burns with one punch at Highbury rates alongside Sammy Nelsons mooning the North Bank.
Mental that we reached the FA Cup final 3 seasons straight and lost 2 of them. And FA Cup was a massive deal back then, not like it is right now

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

So many to pick from, Birmingham still haunts me. This is bar none the worst thread of the forum, think my PTSD is kicking back up.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

The thing is we still should have won it even with those devastating losses at Chelsea and Utd.

We ended up struggling to draws against Villa, Wigan and Middlesbrough right after the Birmingham game. Two of those were at home as well.

That title run in will always haunt me, we should’ve been champions.

Having a good laugh at Liverpool back then was nice, but seeing them with a world class manager & a fantastic squad with the chance to win it makes me extremely bitter.

It's 15 years since we won the title & I'm starting to think we'll be the team that outstrips Liverpool in the wait for our next one.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Having a good laugh at Liverpool back then was nice, but seeing them with a world class manager & a fantastic squad with the chance to win it makes me extremely bitter.

It's 15 years since we won the title & I'm starting to think we'll be the team that outstrips Liverpool in the wait for our next one.

I wasn’t laughing at them that year, they knocked us out the CL and Peter f*cking Crouch went a long way to killing our league hopes.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I wasn’t laughing at them that year, they knocked us out the CL and Peter f*cking Crouch went a long way to killing our league hopes.

Crouch seems to have it in for us, read an article the other day in the mail where he said , after watching Watford maul us, that he'd have loved to play us again. He had this sickening habit of scoring against us, no matter who he lined up for :lol:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

We've got someone as old as @Slartibartfast

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
One I didn't see mentioned is the UEFA Cup final loss on penalties to Galatasaray. Another European disappointment for Wenger. It's incredible he didn't win a single European trophy with us.
I think naming Gallas captain and him acting how he did must have been carnage in the dressing room.
I remember myself thinking it was harsh on Gilberto, who many thought was the obvious choice to be promoted after serving as vice captain. In hindsight, he didn't play much that season as Flamini had a breakout year, but yea, definitely one of the more curious choices for captaincy.

Contrary to his reputation amongst Arsenal fans, I thought Gallas was a good defender for us in his first couple seasons, just should never have been handed the armband.
One I'm not seeing mentioned is that CL Semi-Final where United beat the sh!t out of us in Emirates, was such an embarrassing game.
Seeing United score on the Gibbs slip minutes into the match was brutal after all the prematch hype and atmosphere. However, watching United get thoroughly dismantled by that Barca side in the final made me think we dodged a bullet (although I obviously wouldn't have turned down a second finals appearance). Which is why, in hindsight, it doesn't pain me as much as others.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Seeing United score on the Gibbs slip minutes into the match was brutal after all the prematch hype and atmosphere. However, watching United get thoroughly dismantled by that Barca side in the final made me think we dodged a bullet (although I obviously wouldn't have turned down a second finals appearance). Which is why, in hindsight, it doesn't pain me as much as others.

To be fair we were dismantled multiple times by that Barca team ourselves, but yeah everyone was losing to Barca that year.

JoaoFelix

When I was little I was a bit more emotional with football. I watched UCL final, thinking we were gonna win. At the end of day, I ended up crying like a little baby. It was truly heartbreaking. The last time I felt something similar was at Euro 2016 when france lost against portugal.

Last edited:

Joestlaachmkr

2006 CL-final - by far. I felt we were robbed in that game, and i still think we would have won the final if it had been a fair game by the ref.

And its annoying that we are the only big club that have never won a European Cup, and i am tired of hearing United, Chelsea or Liverpool fans saying that we have never won the CL.

But looking back, i have to say it`s incredible that Arsenal didn`t win the CL between 2001-06 considering the team that we had during those years.

Top Bottom