• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Standard Liege |Thursday 3rd October| KO 20:00 | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Young players are developing. I would expect Pepe to have developed mostly by now. Didn't rate him in France and so far he has done nothing to disprove what I see. Looks like AMN on steroids of wingers.
That doesn’t make any sense.

Young players are developing but have played for Arsenal for 10+ years. They know the language, the culture and the style of play. Guys like Willock and Nelson have been training with the first team for years. The main thing they’re dealing with is adapting to senior football.

On the other hand Pepe while more developed is learning to speak a new language, in a new country playing a new style of football and he’s not exactly a seasoned veteran.

If you’re choosing to discount all that then I just have to suspect that this is another one of your agendas. It’s a shame he hasn’t had an Alexis Sanchez style impact but how many 24 year olds come to this league and hit the ground running instantly with zero PL experience.

Off the top of my head I remember Aguero and KDB and even KDB had spent some time in England before hand. I’m also disappointed but I won’t start writing him off till late this season.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I thought it was a very bad idea to bring Auba on in a game which was 4-0 with 10 minutes left. If he'd had a Cazorla-type injury I would have been very, very unhappy.

That doesn’t make any sense.

Young players are developing but have played for Arsenal for 10+ years. They know the language, the culture and the style of play. Guys like Willock and Nelson have been training with the first team for years. The main thing they’re dealing with is adapting to senior football.

On the other hand Pepe while more developed is learning to speak a new language, in a new country playing a new style of football and he’s not exactly a seasoned veteran.

If you’re choosing to discount all that then I just have to suspect that this is another one of your agendas. It’s a shame he hasn’t had an Alexis Sanchez style impact but how many 24 year olds come to this league and hit the ground running instantly with zero PL experience.

Off the top of my head I remember Aguero and KDB and even KDB had spent some time in England before hand. I’m also disappointed but I won’t start writing him off till late this season.

Pepe shouldn't be getting more excuses than developing youngsters. Period. I doubt he is the next Aguero or KDB either. FFS. :lol:

Doubt he will make it here. Very AMN like character on the field which doesn't bode well. I'm usually very fair to newcomers but even if you take in consideration that he is adapting to new league, language, food, etc there is nothing he has shown that say "alright lets calm down, there is something there, we just have to wait for it to get out".

LG10

Poor lad Pepe. Trying waaaay too hard.

Someone here was having a go at Torreira in the 1st half. Watched him closely in the 2nd. He broke up about 5 opposition attacks and looked rock solid to me, maybe should have tucked away one of his chances.
People don't understand he's a world class reader of the game. Off the ball he's fantastic but it is true he's been mediocre with the ball. However, unlike Xhaka he can deal with being pressed, just doesn't have his range of passing (which is never utilized anyways).

blaze_of_glory

It's not 6am either where you are too. You could have a beverage and not feel like an alcoholic :drool:
I'm at work :lol:

Not able to actually watch, just follow on here and check highlights. Took monday off for the Man U game so couldn't do again today

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Pepe shouldn't be getting more excuses than developing youngsters. Period. I doubt he is the next Aguero or KDB either. FFS. :lol:

Doubt he will make it here. Very AMN like character on the field which doesn't bode well. I'm usually very fair to newcomers but even if you take in consideration that he is adapting to new league, language, food, etc there is nothing he has shown that say "alright lets calm down, there is something there, we just have to wait for it to get out".

giphy.gif

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Starting Ceballos Guendouzi or Willock with Xhaka give us more creativity. For me I'll start Torreira Ceballos and of Willock or Guendouzi but knowing emery Xhaka will start every league game
Sadly... But doozy and Xhaka doesn’t works. And sadly Emery will do it again and again.

Today at first goal Emery went to Xhaka and celebrate it with him as he was the manager sitting and watching the game. Xhaka rules this team hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom