• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
People totally ignoring that he had like a couple of good crosses that turned into dangerous chances? He looked fine.

I might have missed it tbf. He was non-existant compared to Tierney.

GoonerJay24

Obviously pleased he's recovered from injury.
However I never rated him too highly, he's limited in attack and slightly suspect defensively.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I thought that it was obvious Bellerin lost his pace last season where he let himself get incredibly out of shape in the off season (which is very unprofessional). Bellerin took a couple of months to shift the timber and and get back into shape but he seemed to have lost the lightning quick pace his once had.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I might have missed it tbf. He was non-existant compared to Tierney.
He had Maitland-Niles on his side who was having a stinker. Most of our attacks went down the left in the 1st half because of how well Tierney and Nelson were combining. He was a lot more involved in the 2nd half. Let's not forget he's coming back from a 10 month layoff and not 3 or 4 like Tierney.

Impact

Established Member
He had Maitland-Niles on his side who was having a stinker. Most of our attacks went down the left in the 1st half because of how well Tierney and Nelson were combining. He was a lot more involved in the 2nd half. Let's not forget he's coming back from a 10 month layoff and not 3 or 4 like Tierney.

This is on the money, but I think it's more than that.

We are set up to build down the left and ordinarily use the right as an outlet. It's structural. On the left-hand side, you had Holding (LCB), Tierney(LB), Ceballos(LCM) and Nelson(LAM). All players who are comfortable on the ball or want the ball to feet. It was the same when we had Monreal/Iwobi. It's why Luiz's profile was important (ball playing defending who plays LCB). Also explains why Guendouzi plays predominately at LCM.

Our players on the right-hand side by contrast are normally less able ball players or players whose best work is done off the ball. Against Liege, that was Mustafi (RCB), Bellerín (RB), Willock (RCM) and Maitland-Niles (RW).

Bellerin's lack of involvement in the build up is by design but as his fitness progresses we should see more of him as an outlet.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is on the money, but I think it's more than that.

We are set up to build down the left and ordinarily use the right as an outlet. It's structural. On the left-hand side, you had Holding (LCB), Tierney(LB), Ceballos(LCM) and Nelson(LAM). All players who are comfortable on the ball or want the ball to feet. It was the same when we had Monreal/Iwobi. It's why Luiz's profile was important (ball playing defending who plays LCB). Also explains why Guendouzi plays predominately at LCM.

Our players on the right-hand side by contrast are normally less able ball players or players whose best work is done off the ball. Against Liege, that was Mustafi (RCB), Bellerín (RB), Willock (RCM) and Maitland-Niles (RW).

Bellerin lack of involvement in the build up is by design but as his fitness progresses we should see more of him as an outlet.
Agree with all this. Would add that AMN was the odd one out on that right hand side because he is also a player who prefers to have the ball. More time he isn't I'm possession, the more idle he gets. Need someone constantly switched on to that role of less time on the ball. Hopefully that's Pepe, or even Martinelli from the right hand side.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
not even close to captain material yet, but definetly has what it takes for it in the future. He'll become one sooner then he should only because of our other options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom