• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Someone else thinks he only will be third choice this season?
Looks like Emery is trusting Sokratis and Luiz, he likes these experienced players.

Would like to see a Holding - Luiz Duo, both are more comfortable on the ball than Sokratis. But Emery thinks, that Sokratis is the more solid defenders with less errors in his games.

Pepes blue pill

Someone else thinks he only will be third choice this season?
Looks like Emery is trusting Sokratis and Luiz, he likes these experienced players.

Would like to see a Holding - Luiz Duo, both are more comfortable on the ball than Sokratis. But Emery thinks, that Sokratis is the more solid defenders with less errors in his games.

Its possible but pretty hard to judge right now, holding has just come back from a serious injury, dont think anyone was expecting him to be starting just yet

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Me and my boy @Furious getting ready to crank up our anti-Holding agenda from years back because the English Maldini isn't all that he's cracked up to be.

3YSrkul.png

Impact

Established Member
Bad performance yesterday but I personally think that was a one-off.

As an aside, Holding's level/ceiling isn't as high as some of you make out imo. I reckon he can be a solid 3rd/4th choice in a top Arsenal side.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

As an aside, Holding's level/ceiling isn't as high as some of you make out imo. I reckon he can be a solid 3rd/4th choice in a top Arsenal side.
You can't say that the performance was one off and then go on to use this performance to make a judgement about his ceiling. I think Holding will do great with a Koscielny type of defender next to him. I'd like to see him with Saliba or a non mustafi defender before saying anything about him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Saliva,Upamecano, Holding, Chambers as a quartet in that order for me.

Impact

Established Member
You can't say that the performance was one off and then go on to use this performance to make a judgement about his ceiling. I think Holding will do great with a Koscielny type of defender next to him. I'd like to see him with Saliba or a non mustafi defender before saying anything about him.

I prefaced my comment with as an aside to indicate that yesterday's performance was not the reason for my assessment of his ceiling. I have felt this way since he broke into the first team properly.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Had a terrible game, Mustafi still ended up looking worse thanks to that dreadful own goal. Says it all really.

in fairness, thats the first bad game iv seen Holding have, think he needs to simplify his game til his form comes back

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I prefaced my comment with as an aside to indicate that yesterday's performance was not the reason for my assessment of his ceiling. I have felt this way since he broke into the first team properly.
I think he's too injury prone to be a solid part of the first team. But if he gets over his injuries he's quality.

Impact

Established Member
I think he's too injury prone to be a solid part of the first team. But if he gets over his injuries he's quality.

To be honest, 3rd choice CB in a PL title challenging side still requires you to be at a very high level.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Is he injury prone? He obviously had that one big injury but I don't remember him suffering many more that would have him fall into that category

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
it's clear when your team concede 5 goals against liverpool 2nd strength is won't do you well he way behind from starting role. Luiz Sokratis and even Chambers are better.

Malky

Established Member
Really sad times when it doesn't look like he'll be benching one of Luiz/Sokratis any time soon on that performance... And both of them are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom