• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

Afro Mugo

Azeez will be Busquets with flair, Patino will be Xavi, don't know who will be Iniesta. Maybe Hutchinson. Marcelo Flores is the Mexican Messi.

Patino doesn't have the explosive acceleration like young Jack. Wilshere at his best used to glide past players for fun, not seeing that sort of pure talent in Patino who looks like more of a passer, setting tempo and controlling the flow of the game.

My caption was probably a mistake because its unfair to compare any youngster to Wilshere who at the age of 18 possessed maturity and fearlessness in his play that most develop much later. While I agree the video portrays the most basic attributes of a midfielder, Patino is a pure talent and probably the video does him little justice. He is up there with Azeez and Musah; if you're to ask me who'll become the best of the three I wouldn't know as they're all really good. His passing is obviously his best attribute; both short and long and in between the lines. Its also very difficult to get the ball off his feet when and as shown a few times in the video he makes very quick decisions under pressure. His tackling, while standing, is also really good.
Wilshere like gliding past players comes much later once the players have developed physically . Musah admitted in a recent interview that he's very good at it because he's always been physically more developed. Willock was more of a passer though occasionally he showed his directness when young, but immediately he filled out he started running at players fearlessly.
Wilshere was an incredible player at his best. Foden is the star of the current generation but he still hasn't developed the fearlessness and maturity Jack had. We'll probably not see an academy player like Jack for quite a while . Sadly enough for Charlie, he's a left footed baller from Luton he'll have to live with the comparisons.

Afro Mugo

For those interested in watching the u16s. This is the third place match in the just concluded Istria Youth Cup. It was the match the played best in terms of fluidity in attack and positioning on the pitch. It won't be long before Flores becomes an u18 regular. Everything Arsenal ran through him. He looks the standout of the group though Patino is absent . The CBs though also interest me.
The system is 3-4-1-2/5-2-1-2
17-Bradley Ibrahim 5-Taylor Foran 6-Zane Monlouis 15-Cameron Brayne 12- Brooke Norton-Cuffy; 4-Zach Awe 14-Luigi Gaspar; 10-Marcelo Flores; 7 Butler-Oyedeji 11- Khayon Edwards

Second Half 16- Charles Sagoe Jr for Butler Oyedeji then later 8- Mauro Bandeira for Taylor Foran as Awe moves to CB 2-Daniel Oyegoke for Ibrahim 18- Omari Hutchinson for Luigi Gaspar and 9-Billy Vigar for Khayon Edwards

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
FBI? Yes this thread right here.

Joking a side, nice work lads. I feel like i have a grip on the u23's but not lower than that, so kudos.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Its 2-0 to us.

Butler-Oyedeji has scored both goals which he has deserved this season. Miguel Azeez has assisted both of the goals also.

Impressive so far considering it's been a tough season so far.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
The team is just so inexperienced at that level. So many schoolboys and first year scholars.

Now that Cottrell and Greenwood are getting more U23 opportunities, it's even going to be tougher.

Taylor harts injury doesn't help either. The defense and game management needs to improve big time.

I think Oyedeji will be the Saka of this group. Good to see the Mexican Messi make his U18 debut plus Azeez playing pretty well.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The team is just so inexperienced at that level. So many schoolboys and first year scholars.

Now that Cottrell and Greenwood are getting more U23 opportunities, it's even going to be tougher.

Taylor harts injury doesn't help either. The defense and game management needs to improve big time.

I think Oyedeji will be the Saka of this group. Good to see the Mexican Messi make his U18 debut plus Azeez playing pretty well.
Interesting that Patino started aswell. I can see him starting way more games in the near future.

Agree re Butler-Oyedeji. He seems to be making an impact every game. Reminds me of AMN as a scholar. Azeez IMO should really be playing for u23s now but this team needs him badly.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://player.arsenal.com/video/u-18s-blackburn-rovers-h-highlights

Didn't seem to have a lot of good highlights in this one. Patino got a good assist for the goal. I like the look of him - got a wiry build but looks physically capable and playing as the deepest midfielder alongside Azeez. That's a partnership I can see working as the season goes on. The CBs had a lot of trouble dealing with stuff as the game went on, a bit square at times. I like Ogungbo though, want to see him more as a CB - maybe alongside Monlouis. Didn't see much of Cirjan either.

The team at the moment is struggling a bit - lots of individual talent here, just need to make it gel.

Afro Mugo

I like t
https://player.arsenal.com/video/u-18s-fulham-highlights#

Another draw, this time against league leaders Fulham. Patino and Azeez look very comfy on the ball. Defenders at the moment look a bit hapless but that's just lack of experience at this level.

I like Daniel Oyegoke. Maybe with his development the loss of VDC won't hurt so much. He joined as an u14 striker/winger from Barnet and it's interesting how he's been developed. He's played CB RB CM this season though he'll eventually settle at RB. He's very tall and strong already us has a lot of trickery.

Afro Mugo

Centre Back Taylor Foran has been offered a scholarship for next year's intake . Highly likely he'll sign it. Joins Monlouis , Patino , Flores and Khayon Edwards . Omari Hutchinson also highly likely to join them as well as an LB from Sunderland

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I like t

I like Daniel Oyegoke. Maybe with his development the loss of VDC won't hurt so much. He joined as an u14 striker/winger from Barnet and it's interesting how he's been developed. He's played CB RB CM this season though he'll eventually settle at RB. He's very tall and strong already us has a lot of trickery.
He picks up some really good attacking positions. Like him at RB definitely. CBs have struggled though - Ogungbo and Monlouis look the best of the ones used.

Afro Mugo

Ive noticed Arsenal CBs struggle in their first year at u18 level, understandably. It's important to note there's no second year CB. All are first years and school boys . They'll definitely get better with time. Monlouis, Mazeed , Sraha are very modern day CBs tall , strong , good on the ball and play both centre and wide .

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ive noticed Arsenal CBs struggle in their first year at u18 level, understandably. It's important to note there's no second year CB. All are first years and school boys . They'll definitely get better with time. Monlouis, Mazeed , Sraha are very modern day CBs tall , strong , good on the ball and play both centre and wide .
I thought this initially, which is why I am usually reluctant to be hard on them. McGuinness had a tough time in his first year and looked like Tony Adams in the 2nd year, same with Harry Clarke. Swanson also kicked on quickly. Will be interesting to see how they finish the season.

Even further forward, Cottrell looks leagues above everyone whenever he plays and that's mainly because he's 2nd year. I actually think that individually you can see how good the newer CBs can become. The midfield is pretty settled now - think we'll see a lot more of Cirjan when Cottrell steps back up to U23 football and the spot next to Azeez has been taken by Patino quite easily. Think the forward positions are more up for grabs.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom