• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Vitória S.C| Thursday 24th October | KO: 20:00 | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I dont think criticising the players publicly is going to help especially after we came back to win it in the dying seconds. Also a little harsh to criticise him for at least TRYING to do his interviews in English without assistance. It took years for Pochettino to grasp the language and Emery seems to be improving.
He blamed our loss to Sheffield Utd on Pepe missing a tap in and subbed him off. Xhaka blamed our strikers for missing chances to excuse his mistake. The blame others game started a while back. He is two faced. As RvP said, he's hard to understand. I have total respect for Sarri using a translator to convey his message and anger last season. Emery is weak.

OSBK

Established Member
He struggling with everything. The balance would improve if he would pick the same team for at least three games in a row. Only Nelson is missing. He has a chance to do that and he can start by dropping Xhaka as automatic starter. It's alarming how slow he is to impose any kind of game plan. Ole and Lampard have fone better in less time.

I agree, torreria and xhaka shouldnt be anywhere near the first 11.

As for ole and lamps you have to say utd and chelsea did what we shouldve done. Ole and lamps have galvanised the club in a time of transition, they have got the fans backing the team and got the players fighting for the shirts. We shouldve got henry or Vieira in, they both wouldve galvanised the club, supporters and got the players running through walls for the team. Emery has barely got them making a sweat, the squad has gone from a guy who bleeds arsenal to a guy who cannot even pronounce it properly.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He blamed our loss to Sheffield Utd on Pepe missing a tap in and subbed him off. Xhaka blamed our strikers for missing chances to excuse his mistake. The blame others game started a while back. He is two faced. As RvP said, he's hard to understand. I have total respect for Sarri using a translator to convey his message and anger last season. Emery is weak.

I'm not sure how this makes Emery weak and two-faced TBH. So what if he's hard to understand in front of the cameras. For all we know, this could be the perception he wants to give the press and public.

OSBK

Established Member
Have to say after watching that game that ESR has all the attributes to play a 10 for us. Energy, pace, skill all fantastic and another season and he will be great. He looked like KDB when he was at chelski

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I agree, torreria and xhaka shouldnt be anywhere near the first 11.

As for ole and lamps you have to say utd and chelsea did what we shouldve done. Ole and lamps have galvanised the club in a time of transition, they have got the fans backing the team and got the players fighting for the shirts. We shouldve got henry or Vieira (not Viera ffs) in, they both wouldve galvanised the club, supporters and got the players running through walls for the team. Emery has barely got them making a sweat, the squad has gone from a guy who bleeds arsenal to a guy who cannot even pronounce it properly.
I saw Torreira in Serie A. He was an upgrade on Coq but playing for us has ruined him. I thought Enwry would be a decent option but he is the worst Arsenal manager I've seen.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm not sure how this makes Emery weak and two-faced TBH. So what if he's hard to understand in front of the cameras. For all we know, this could be the perception he wants to give the press and public.
But it's what the players are perceiving too. I cant stand RvP but did you listen to his post match comments? He couldn't understand him. I don't think the players can either and it shows. Every man and his dog can see the confusion and too often lack of effort during every match.

OSBK

Established Member
I saw Torreira in Serie A. He was an upgrade on Coq but playing for us has ruined him. I thought Enwry would be a decent option but he is the worst Arsenal manager I've seen.

When he first came he had a bite and was hungry, he looks like a guy who was denied a move back to italy in the summer and is sulking.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
When he first came he had a bite and was hungry, he looks like a guy who was denied a move back to italy in the summer and is sulking.
I hear you but it's not in his character to sulk I believe. His introduction was sensible and worked out well, then Emery shifted him forwards and he's been fairly tragic ever since. In any case Giampaolo has been sacked by Milan and that was the main attraction for a return.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He is DM he only do tow jobs that is tackling and protect the defense we asking him to be attacking mid or deep laying midfield is criminal the guy never play in these roles in his whole career and will take alot to get him suited to play.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Always though Coq was underrated, Lucas has been good for us but not as good as Coq was at his best imo.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
But it's what the players are perceiving too. I cant stand RvP but did you listen to his post match comments? He couldn't understand him. I don't think the players can either and it shows. Every man and his dog can see the confusion and too often lack of effort during every match.

I dont listen to pundits much as it's their job to be provocative and get a reaction from fans and spark controversy. I think a lot of assumptions are being made about the language barrier and I think people are reading too much into it.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I dont listen to pundits much as it's their job to be provocative and get a reaction from fans and spark controversy. I think a lot of assumptions are being made about the language barrier and I think people are reading too much into it.
I don't listen to Talksport for example but Keown, RvP, Keane and Souness aren't controversial just for the sake of it like Evra. They stand by their opinions which generally are decent and understandable.

OSBK

Established Member
He is DM he only do tow jobs that is tackling and protect the defense we asking him to be attacking mid or deep laying midfield is criminal the guy never play in these roles in his whole career and will take alot to get him suited to play.

He played cam in italy as well, this league is too fast for him. I completley disagree about Torreira adapting to other midfield positions when i sat there and watched fernandinho play CB at 34 for city. If you have enough quality you can play anywhere. The days of a makelele are gone, all the best cdm's in football right now are proper ballers and can progress through the midfield in games. We have a prime example in xhaka, a guy who 10 years ago maybe would be good but in todays modern game he is too limited.

Yeah he was. Apparently had attitude problems but I reckon that had to do with him being passed over a lot.

Show the dark side of this game. Its just kids and teenagers. The team need to protect them more!

I remember interview of Eiður Smári Guðjohnsen oldest son when he was at Barcelona at age 11 or 12 and Barcelona was cutting players from the group. He was let go with zero words. Just a kid told to pack the things and leave. Brutal that competitive environment. And it doesn't get any easier the farther you get.

And with social media and all that it can confuse young players so clubs needs to remember this is just kids after all! I think there can be improvements there!

Anyway hope he has a decent career!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom