• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I would like to see him in the called Cazorla role beside Guendouzi or Torreira. think our football would be much better in the middle.

We really need to stop playing him on the left or right or as a n10.

Jae

Senseless critic mate. Do you even understand the stat? This is not about backwards and forward passes.
Possession Value or PV measures the probability that a team will score from their possession.

Xhaka's stats are not much different from similar players in the same position from other teams. (which is what you should be looking at)

Ndidi and Fabinho has similar stats to Xhaka.

https://www.optasportspro.com/news-analysis/blog-introducing-a-possession-value-framework/

Well if Xhaka has comparable stats to Ndidi and Fabinho that just proves the fact that stats aren't everything and they should be taken with a pinch of salt.

nick gould

He is a bit too light weight and not much end product but hey, I don't care. At least he is an entertainer. I love his dribbling.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Dani has quality. He's been starting for Spain which is no easy feet with their midfield talent. We just don't have the right balance ever in midfield.

We've essentially got 4 cm in him, willock, xhaka and geundouzi and Torreira.

We need to find the right pairing. To play in a 3. For me I don't think you can play guendouzi and Dani in the same team. For the right balance it needs to be wilock, Torreira and either douzi/Dani.

Both Dani and douzi are high calibre ball hoggers having them both in the same team just slows things down.

CJJ

Established Member
Well if Xhaka has comparable stats to Ndidi and Fabinho that just proves the fact that stats aren't everything and they should be taken with a pinch of salt.
No, it proves you need to think about context when using stats in your arguement (or in this case your Xhaka bashing agenda). But there is plenty of other parameters to show Xhaka is not near Fabinho levels, but this was not one of them.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Dani has quality. He's been starting for Spain which is no easy feet with their midfield talent. We just don't have the right balance ever in midfield.

We've essentially got 4 cm in him, willock, xhaka and geundouzi and Torreira.

We need to find the right pairing. To play in a 3. For me I don't think you can play guendouzi and Dani in the same team. For the right balance it needs to be wilock, Torreira and either douzi/Dani.

Both Dani and douzi are high calibre ball hoggers having them both in the same team just slows things down.

Ceballos is starting for Spain as a winger because they have no better options....... he would have never broken into their midfield.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Or that you have made up your mind and searches for facts to fit into your viewpoint...

Very millenial of you!

Jae

No, it proves you need to think about context when using stats in your arguement (or in this case your Xhaka bashing agenda). But there is plenty of other parameters to show Xhaka is not near Fabinho levels, but this was not one of them.

No agenda here buddy! Just don't think he's good enough!

Or that you have made up your mind and searches for facts to fit into your viewpoint...

Very millenial of you!

You need to chill mate, I didn't search for anything. I just made an observation on something somebody else posted :lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If true then £30m is acceptable but we should look for a better fit and if need be pay more to get a better player. I like Ceballos but he's very light weight as is most of our midfield. If we get CL we will be in a good position to get a better player.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I know the source might not be that great as it is the Mail but they are saying that Real might take Ceballos back and play him next season,
It might be a way of trying to get us to pay more for the player but there are mixed messages going about.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Dani-Ceballos-squad-summer-blow-Arsenal.html

I highly doubt he will get minutes at Madrid, they got a queue with the likes of Kroos, Casemiro, Isco, Valverde, Rodriguez etc and will probably add in the summer, Pogba or some other shiny CM, they will be open to selling as they will want to fund moves.

Ceballos is definitely gettable they are just trying to maximize the fee, at this moment in time I wouldn't want us buying him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
30m is a very fair fee even at the level showing now.

Guess it depends on our overall summer budget & if realistically Xhaka / Ceballos can play in the same midfield. If Xhaka is sold deal looks to make more sense but fitting in both will kill us.

A new DM behind Ceballos & Guendouzi I could see developing into something decent.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Thirty million is an absolute snip. That's what Chambers or Maitland-Niles would fetch.

This is a Spanish international, who will have had a year adjusting to the league.

I'd give them 50m right now. Oh and he's 22. Could be the creativity on our midfield for 10 years.

Get this done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom