• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Vitória S.C| Thursday 24th October | KO: 20:00 | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The Willock Torreira midfield was really bad this time. Willock especially had an off game. AMN up there with Willock as you say.

At this point Ceballos & Guendouzi look like starters, hope Ceballos can keep this form up. Guendouzi seems to be quite consistent now.

Another thing to mention is that the crowd gave Guendouzi a bigger cheer than Ceballos when the pair came on, so he really is becoming a fan favourite.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I was at the game last night. From my place up in the gods, I saw it like this.

In the first half, the defence was as good as it could be given how poor the midfield was. Words cannot describe how awful M-N and Willock were, no impetus, no drive and no conviction followed by mistake after mistake.

Once Ceballos/Guendouzi came on, we had so much more conviction. The defence settled down, midfield was more functional and it gave the forwards a base off of which to attack.

ESR looked pretty good, Martinelli was fantastic as usual and Laca looked slightly off the pace but full of effort and running. Pepe came on and scored two great freekicks but from where I was we utterly dominated the second half and deserved more than just two late goals. Pepe really does add a bit of quality and class even when he doesn't produce goals, so if he can add goals as well we have some player on our hands.

Weighing up how poor we were in the first half with how dominant we were in the second half I'd say a 3-2 win is about right.
You're probably right and im going to take the win and feed off the positives. ESR, Pepe, Douzi (what's new)..

Hope 'you enjoyed. Im always truly envious of all who get to go see it live.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Think you’re being unrealistic. Two tough home games against two top teams teams and we got the win.

We are finally competitive.

I see it similarly, I understand there's some criticism about the tactics which are valid but the quality of players has increased over the last 18 months and I feel as though once Pepe finds his groove and Bellerin/Tierney are back to their best we'll be a very good side.

We also have the advantage of Chelsea having lost Hazard and Sp**s imploding, so overall we're looking good.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Lol are you high?

Chelsea have looked okay but doubt they'll manage to sustain this high tempo energised approach.
Stone cold sober. Utd have bipolar performances but at least I've seen one decent league performance from them,which is one more than us. Who says Chelsea will falter?

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't think that's the problem Ferguson did it at Man Utd throughout his tenure.

Just needs to work on midfields defending and attacking patterns of play which should improve when Tierney is fully integrated into the team.
Fergie was a chameleon but he didn't tinker every game and I watched his entire Utd career.

GoonerJay24

Fergie was a chameleon but he didn't tinker every game and I watched his entire Utd career.

He commonly made changes for premier League matches following midweek games, especially in midfield.

There's not an issue changing personale but there has to be a well communicated game plan for every game. This is where it seems Emery's failing.

Mohamed7

In defence of the players, they don't have much match fitness or playing time together...give it time.
We still should not be turned by bloody Vitoria.

You know in the EPL we are 3rd on the most faced shots on goal. The set up is wrong specially defense to midfield area. The entire midfield pushes much higher (on the edge of the opposition box) than the defense, which are only two since the FBs are our only outlet of attack and they are forced to reach the byline almost every time.

To me, the step up is what is failing us and Emery is doing this for over a year now. He has tried multiple combinations but it is only the personal that he's changing not the tactic itself.

Kindly, download this small pdf file I created. I shared a few screenshots of the first goal how it progressed.

https://gofile.io/?c=Cbav6q

It is quite clear the three defenders who are returning are not going to solve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom