• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
He will be sacked if Raul finds a good replacement the club can afford.
Atm I don't see any significant rumors, think he will be gone in the next international break and Freddie/Bould will be given it till the end of the season.

progman07

Established Member
You don't know our board...
We spent 200+ million in the last 4 transfer windows. Pepe, Auba, Laca were all big money signings, I mean 'spend the f*cking money chant' big. The board sacked Wenger, brought in a Director of Football, changed a lot of things.

I doubt there will be too much sentiment towards Emery, I'm sure the board has a very strong Return on Investment expectation on Pepe and co, which is obviously top4 and if they see Emery is hindering that, they will probably pull the trigger.
The question is only, when.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

he will be gone in the next international break and Freddie/Bould will be given it till the end of the season.

I'd be surprised if the board is prepared for that. Freddie will be seen, and rightly so, as unproven and high risk. It would be very unlike our board to do this.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We spent 200+ million in the last 4 transfer windows. Pepe, Auba, Laca were all big money signings, I mean 'spend the f*cking money chant' big. The board sacked Wenger, brought in a Director of Football, changed a lot of things.

I doubt there will be too much sentiment towards Emery, I'm sure the board has a very strong Return on Investment expectation on Pepe and co, which is obviously top4 and if they see Emery is hindering that, they will probably pull the trigger.

I hope you are right, but I could see this dragging on till the summer. If he gets top four, they could easily extend his contract...

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Rule no. 1: don't hire someone to be a manager of a team (literally any team in any workplace) if they struggle to communicate clearly in the team's language.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't recall any great sporting success being followed by the words "yeah we couldn't actually understand what he was talking about tbh".
Conte's English was barely better than Emery's, but I think he was smart enough to use his English speaking staff to pass his instructions to the players.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Seems the writing is on the wall. There is always a time in a manager's tenure when it becomes clear it is only when and not if. Once you have a sizeable match going fans audibly voice their anger at player/manager, there is no coming back from that

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Exactly the club have backed him there is no excuses. Stan will want to see results.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

EH6dYIfXUAAkrj7

State of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom