• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
DC will always be compared to cesc and cesc at his age was ripping teams to shreds. DC is slow and he doesnt recover well when he loses the ball, this could be adaptation but gut feeling is he wont be that much better in 5 years.

Cesc's only bettered by Vieira in terms of central midfielders in Arsène's era, so best not to compare Dani to those standards...think if put in a working midfield he could be good for us.

OSBK

Established Member
Cesc's only bettered by Vieira in terms of central midfielders in Arsène's era, so best not to compare Dani to those standards...think if put in a working midfield he could be good for us.

Who do you suggest as a comparision then? Anything current is not setting the bar very high.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Who do you suggest as a comparision then? Anything current is not setting the bar very high.

Agree on that, don't know if a comparison will do anything other than makes us angry as the players we have now are just not as good as players we had in the past.

OSBK

Established Member
Agree on that, don't know if a comparison will do anything other than makes us angry as the players we have now are just not as good as players we had in the past.

We have to compare to previous or others in the prem. Eithier way DC doesnt score too well.

Underhill

Got flashes of brilliance in him. I think his ceiling is very high, but who knows how far he can reach.

I wont judge him under the current system and manager. It is very difficult to judge if players are mediocre/bad or if there is a flaw in our approach(very likely).

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I like Ceballos because he gives us something we don't get from other players. He can run with the ball and pick a pass, he also constantly gets stuck in. I wish he wasn't so light weight but that could be off set by getting a bigger more physical replacement for Xhaka. If the rumours of £30m for Ceballos are true then its a good price. He's still relatively new to the PL and will only get better.
He can run at players, but he can't pick a pass. Most his passes are underhit and don't find their target. At the point I'm happy that this is just a loan, not a permanent signing.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't think the current system does any players in the midfield any favours but at the same time he just doesn't look capable of anything more than a couple of neat touches and sideways passes.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He can run at players, but he can't pick a pass. Most his passes are underhit and don't find their target. At the point I'm happy that this is just a loan, not a permanent signing.

As I said, if we get CL we should be looking at getting a better player. If we don't though, Ceballos may be our target level.

Edit, sorry just realised I said that in another post but it still stands.

Highbury

Seems like the stereotypical Emirates era Arsenal midfielder to me.

Technically good and pleasing on the eye but not someone who will rise to the occasion in big games and fight it out. Basically not a leader on the pitch. He is the type of player the opposition fans use to mock us and you will have the likes of Roy Keane and Evra claim that we are too soft.

After years and years of mediocrity, isn’t it obvious that we have to move on from players like him? I really so no difference between him and someone like Mkhitaryan.

We need more Guendouzi types and not that technique merchants with no bottle. The way he played at Anfield was all the proof anyone needed that he is not up to the task.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Dani must be so glad that Xhaka is the scapegoat because it's making people overlook the fact that he's absolutely appalling. Bet he'll never get the abuse Xhaka gets tho.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

YAY! DANI HE EATS PAELLA AND DRINKS ESTRELLA, THE BOY IS MA... hold on that **** Xhaka is going off I have to abuse him. :mad: **** you Xhaka, boooooooooo. Anyways. THE BOY IS MAGIC

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He's not actually shown he can become great at something. His passing is inconsistent and he doesnt have a great range. He's not fast, and he makes nice touches and tricks but ultimately he doesnt have the pace or agility to beat his man often.

Emery is playing him too far forward, maybe we should try him in the Xhaka role, because right now its looking like we are playing a sitting midfielder as a Number10 or box to box and it just doesnt look right.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I actually think he could be excellent.

With the right coaching he could easily play Xhaka and Douzi’s role allowing us an ‘extra’ midfielder.

He isn’t far away from being the guy who picks up the ball deep, evades the press with his excellent close control and then quickly passes it onto somebody else.

The urgency could literally be coached into him in a day, and the press resistance and passing ability is already there. But you know let’s play him no10 for some reason.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I actually think he could be excellent.

With the right coaching he could easily play Xhaka and Douzi’s role allowing us an ‘extra’ midfielder.

He isn’t far away from being the guy who picks up the ball deep, evades the press with his excellent close control and then quickly passes it onto somebody else.

The urgency could literally be coached into him in a day, and the press resistance and passing ability is already there. But you know let’s play him no10 for some reason.
He's not really in sync with the rest of the midfield because they don't complement each other at all. They're all slow, somewhat technically rounded players. Guendouzi survives because he has intensity and can actually stand up to the game when it changes tempo. Xhaka and the eponymous Ceballos not only don't seem to have the capability to match this, but they consequently have nobody complementary to bounce off of because they both want to do the same sh*t that Guendouzi is doing. Putting all 3 of them in the same midfield is complete overkill. Ceballos is not the final 3rd threat Emery thinks he is either, nor does he seem to have the intensity.

It's gotta be one of those three, as @The_Playmaker pointed out recently, certainly not all 3. The thing is Ceballos did look good with Guendouzi in one particular game, but the alternate factor was that they were partnered with Joe Willock - not Granit Xhaka. Willock is the biggest anomaly in our midfield because he has attributes that the others lack.

I digress - I agree that he probably has a future as a deeper midfield player. He does have a tendency to underhit his passes a lot but I think he is a player who needs to see the game ahead of him rather than operate in front of the ball hunting down space. We do already have a player who does the latter pretty well but, you know, 350k and all that....

I don't know why Emery hasn't tried ESR as the #10 instead. He's fit now, and capable of doing all that meaningless pressing and channel running that Emery wants his #10s to do, plus he's actually good at the **** that modern #10s are supposed to be good at, to the point that I think ESR would be a great #8 too.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's definitely gone off the boil but then again the midfield is horribly unbalanced as usual. There's a very good player in there but like all the rest he's being held back by dreadful managing. That said, he does seem to hide a bit when things aren't going well. Very much a front runner which is no good. Can see why he's not been favored at Madrid even with their struggles.

m-due

I like Ceballos because he gives us something we don't get from other players. He can run with the ball and pick a pass, he also constantly gets stuck in. I wish he wasn't so light weight but that could be off set by getting a bigger more physical replacement for Xhaka. If the rumours of £30m for Ceballos are true then its a good price. He's still relatively new to the PL and will only get better.

You are right, he is an exciting talent and always ready to get the ball in most spaces. He has been misplacing passes at a higher rate compared to his earlier games. Maybe it’s a new league and always tries hard to make things happen. I believe once he gets used to the league and adjusts accordingly, he can be an excellent player.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You are right, he is an exciting talent and always ready to get the ball in most spaces. He has been misplacing passes at a higher rate compared to his earlier games. Maybe it’s a new league and always tries hard to make things happen. I believe once he gets used to the league and adjusts accordingly, he can be an excellent player.

To think we are only 10 games in and he's only 22, so much room for improvement and at £30m (if true) it would be a good deal. Some on AM have already decided he's not good enough, yes he's gone off a bit but the whole team isn't exactly lighting up the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom