• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace| Sunday 27th October | KO:16:30 GMT | Illegal Streams

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying
Nothing was, that's the thing. Of course you're an Arsenal fan and see everything with tinted glasses, but that situation was not 100% clear. It could've been with other rules, but just letting more ****** have a look at it with the same set of washy rules is not a solution to that.
You didn't understand. According EPL guidelines, VAR can overturn ref's decision only if it is clear and obvious mistakes. I didn't see nor obvious nor clear anything in that play.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Well quite - all this does is take the responsibility from a qualified knob on the pitch to an even bigger, unqualified and unanswerable knob sat in a room out back.

Agree. But as things stand you can change the way the team plays, and then maybe they score more goals and one ****ing ref decision isn't what decides the game. Or you can take on a swamp of corrupt refs and FAs. I'd rather just make my team steamroll Crystal ****ing palace at home by 4 goals after being on top with 2 already after 9 minutes than gift away two goals and then blame the ref for 2 lost points.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
You didn't understand. According EPL guidelines, VAR can overturn ref's decision only if it is clear and obvious mistakes. I didn't see nor obvious nor clear anything in that play.

I did. And that's the problem. You say yourself nothing was clear but the VAR still came in. That's the problem. And that goes back to unclear rules. It doesn't matter if the on field ref is wrong or if it's the VAR, as long as rules aren't made more clear VAR is useless.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Agree. But as things stand you can change the way the team plays, and then maybe they score more goals and one ****ing ref decision isn't what decides the game. Or you can take on a swamp of corrupt refs and FAs. I'd rather just make my team steamroll Crystal ****ing palace at home by 4 goals after being on top with 2 already after 9 minutes than gift away two goals and then blame the ref for 2 lost points.

Well yes, that goes without saying - if we scored 5 every game poor referring decisions would be rendered irrelevant.

As I mentioned somewhere upstream in this thread, there is a great deal to be said about whether Emery has really added anything to the club, given he’s received financial backing Wenger never had, why Granit is captain, whether Emery threw him under the bus today, has thrown Özil under the bus or has just missread the mood - to say nothing of his seeming lack of any discernible plan or ability to communicate.

But none of this changes the fact that absent some utterly clueless cnut in a room, we take three points today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The AFTV c**ts most them want emery out as soon as possible they are supposed to be voice of the fans. Good news for Robbie

Lewdtenant

Giga Tilted
It's not about hand waving. Incorrect decisions get made ever match. Some teams are more targeted than others for various reasons. But the underlying problem - and in that the changes I suggest - is a revision of the rules because that's the underlying problem. The less room for interpretation by individuals there is, the less bogus there is. But they won't do it - not because they want to hurt specific teams, but because they want to protect themselves. If you can say any bad decisions is down to the interpretation you can basically defend any decision no matter how right, wrong or whatever it is. That's the problem. Not bias. A specific set of rules, nailed on and focused, with professional refs and an asociation of refs that evaluates by that rules kills any mis refereeing. Has nothing to do with Arsenal hand waving anything.

And still: That situation is not as clear as you thing or may wish it to be.

I was referring to your hand waving.. This.. Essentially your solution boils down to 'make it better' and the implementation is via the magic bullet method.. I know that's hyperbolic but since you agree that it is not feasible to get those changes.. I suggest that instead of playing hide the ball, we try to look at the incident in light of the rules that currently apply.. imperfect as they may be.

and

Basically anything is open to interpretation once you go down that road.. Arsenal, football, this forum, this is where we get to be tribal and biased, and it just really kills my Rage Boner™ having this sort of red herring constantly waved about, it's just a pointless distraction imo. That's my final take since I am now fully unerect !

ptrcopp

9 football league games not single PL game. That dodgy

Really dodgy.

He has only been an EFL referee for 6 months.

I have said I am for ‘live refereeing’ but when you have that level of experience in disagreement, alongside an intent to not allow a love review, it’s absolute nonsense.

We may as well not have VAR tbh. It’s disgraceful

ptrcopp

I dislike that VAR has taken away our winner because that is the taking point. Not our suite performance

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The issue for the disallowed third was that VAR comes in to play only to help the ref if he has doubts. In this case, Atkinson saw nothing wrong and allowed the goal. If he is told there is a foul, he must look to see what he is alleged to have missed. It's the acceptance of the VAR refs opinion without checking that is the issue and it's wrong. Atkinson backed himself into a corner earlier by being so eager to show Zaha a yellow card. He took the VAR refs opinion on that occasion so we had no chance later in the game. The refs have to check their own decisions.

HBL

Established Member
You'd expect the side to kick on after going 2-0 up in the first 10 mins but no, not this Arsenal side. That would be too simple.

Sad times to be an Arsenal fan.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Arsenal need to lodge an official complaint...shady VAR official.
Demand an answer! VAR isn't supposed to be like boxing where corrupt scorekeeping is involved. There should not be anything subjective.

Replay the match with Arsenal leading + time remaining.

Someone please create a thread. We should not just accept a bad decision by someone that was not even the referee.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Most of pundits and journalists saying it's joke of decision. Even if we bottled the 2-0 lead but we been robbed a win.
My stream died on me just as the goal happened. I have now watched it and not in a million years should it have been disallowed. We were absolutely robbed by VAR. How the hell can they make that decision? Hope the club lodges some official complaint.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil and now Xhaka both p!ssed with Emery. Wonder what pull they have in the dressing toom?

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Just realised that Sokratis has been shafted twice in a row by VAR now, he must be fuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom