• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace| Sunday 27th October | KO:16:30 GMT | Illegal Streams

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
First game ref has been overturned twice by VAR right?

The VAR operator was a League One ref from Oz. Never been in charge of a Premiership game, making his debut as a VAR official.

We weren’t great though. Emery is certainly struggling.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Özil and now Xhaka both p!ssed with Emery. Wonder what pull they have in the dressing toom?
If they have any, then it's surely misplaced. If they're both dead men walking, then what pull they had will soon diminish anyway. Aint nobody going to risk the naughty step by association.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think Arsenal are at the stage where they need to speak to the relevant authorities about the officiating. We’ve been on the end of too many questionable decisions.

Going back to Wenger, he was really fed up but because he was under pressure with his own job, the issue was sidelined.

ASIF

Don't think you can blame Emery for Auba not having a shot, Aubas been poor for since Watford
Aubameyang has saved us time an again this season he is the player of the month in the premier league scoring in 15 in like 16 games and he is sent out on the Wings to accommodate lacazette.And I spoke mainly about our attacking threat which is Close to Zero and he has blocked Özil.I have had enough of this anti Football from Unai Emery.He is a Coward and needs the sack asap.

skummm

"Qu'on me donne six lignes écrites de la main du plus honnête homme, j'y trouverai de quoi le faire pendre."

"If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him."

-
Cardinal Richelieu circa 1641

"Hold my beer, Cardinal."

- Premier League VAR official 2019

MikeVinna

Established Member
VAR is being used correctly in other leagues so I don’t know what kind of corrupt bullshit is going on here in the PL. Basically if there’s something shady that happened on the pitch (that isnt clear and obvious) the ref should be checking that out himself on the monitor.. And there should be transparency. We should be seeing/hearing what that ref is seeing/hearing. Here in the Netherlands they usually release a follow up video of what it was like in the VAR room for big decisions..

TornadoTed

Established Member
I missed the first 15 minutes of the match as I was driving to the in-laws. When I got there I saw we were 2-0 up and the first thought that flashed through my head was 'this could get nasty if we end up drawing or losing this'

It really hurts to feel like this, I have absolutely zero faith in this team anymore. If we had of been 4-0 up I would still have been worried which is just so wrong.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How is xhaka pissed?
I'm guessing the booing by some of the crowd, and being replaced by an 18 year old, didn't help.

And Özil hasn't even been on the bench for 6 straight matches.

If they're both smiling and enjoying their football at Arsenal today I'd be somewhat surprised.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm guessing the booing by some of the crowd, and being replaced by an 18 year old, didn't help.

And Özil hasn't even been on the bench for 6 straight matches.

If they're both smiling and enjoying their football at Arsenal today I'd be somewhat surprised.
Wasn't asking about Özil. That is clear to me.
If Xhaka is angry at his manager it should not be for hooking him. If it is then he was never captain material to begin with.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The supporters can have what opinion they want on their players but when they are on the field the fans should always back them no matter what they think of them or how they performed. Xhaka didn't even have a bad game today it was a tactical sub. Booing the whole team at half time or full whistle is fine but what the fans just did there is disgraceful and there should be no excuses for it.
You're wrong. Who are you to police when people can cheer or boo. Half time is fine? Catch yourself on. Football is an emotional game. If fans who feel frustrated vent that frustration then so be it. Its upto the players and management to rectify the fans issues with results and performances.

Fans can turn because fans will be there longer than any player or manager. Theyll show up next week and support the team. This idea of 'class' as others alluded to doesnt exist. We are a class above what exactly? A class above human emotions? Sit like good obedient robots regardless. Its upto the club to keep the fans on board. God knows the club contributed to years of poison from the stands. It's doing so again with Emerys decision to give two fingers to the fans by naming Xhaka captain, by continually picking him when there is clear disconnect or worse between Xhaka and the fans.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Watching the disallowed goal back that is an unbelievably bad decision, it’s a foul on Chambers if anything...but as people have said how many bad decisions have we been on the end over the years, disgraceful!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I was referring to your hand waving.. This.. Essentially your solution boils down to 'make it better' and the implementation is via the magic bullet method.. I know that's hyperbolic but since you agree that it is not feasible to get those changes.. I suggest that instead of playing hide the ball, we try to look at the incident in light of the rules that currently apply.. imperfect as they may be.

and

Basically anything is open to interpretation once you go down that road.. Arsenal, football, this forum, this is where we get to be tribal and biased, and it just really kills my Rage Boner™ having this sort of red herring constantly waved about, it's just a pointless distraction imo. That's my final take since I am now fully unerect !

That is so much bs you are going straight to ignore

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
You're wrong. Who are you to police when people can cheer or boo. Half time is fine? Catch yourself on. Football is an emotional game. If fans who feel frustrated vent that frustration then so be it. Its upto the players and management to rectify the fans issues with results and performances.

Fans can turn because fans will be there longer than any player or manager. Theyll show up next week and support the team. This idea of 'class' as others alluded to doesnt exist. We are a class above what exactly? A class above human emotions? Sit like good obedient robots regardless. Its upto the club to keep the fans on board. God knows the club contributed to years of poison from the stands. It's doing so again with Emerys decision to give two fingers to the fans by naming Xhaka captain, by continually picking him when there is clear disconnect or worse between Xhaka and the fans.

I think it's wrong to boo a particular player. It's the worst that can happen to you as a player when you get humiliated by your own fanbase at home.

Boo the team because the result is ****, I'm all for it, because you're booing the result.
But don't boo a single player if he's always behaved like a professional, which Xhaka has even though he has his flows. Because now, it gets on a personnal level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom