• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Booing, cheering and jeering. Part of the sport or no?

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I have no problem with booing, as long as it is the OPPOSITION team you are booing/jeering. The atmosphere, especially when playing at home, should be made as hostile as possible for them. Boo them when they get the ball, get in their heads, cheer as loud as possible when your team wins the ball to gee up your own team and spur them on. That's where we as fans must play a part. Youmust not boo your own team no matter how bad they are playing. Play your role as a fan and support through thick and thin is what I say.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So was you there or not?
Does that matter? I watched on tv which is arguably better perspective given the benefit of pause and rewind.
We're going to have ti agree to disagree.. you're literally the only poster here who thinks we controlled that game. How drunk were you

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
After having more time to digest, I think of it this way:
As if the extra 5 seconds that it took Xhaka to leave the field, would guarantee us a better performance ? Yeah right.
Palace had the ball for a throw in. That moment was outside of our control.

This reminded me of few seasons ago, when we were chasing a winner away at Bournemouth and Giroud wanted to quickly celebrate his scorpion-kick goal in front of the away fans. I know there was an absolute furore, I hated it, but Bournemouth had the ball to restart the match. That moment was outside of our control.

In the end what difference in actual match did any of the cases make ?

Someone mentioned that what we saw yesterday was some sort of public lynching and the reaction of players today tells that of a shaken squad: Bellerin's message, Torreira pictures, visit to Xhaka's house by 3 players, Emery's after match words.

I am not a bit confident that Emery has the authority of the guts to address this or fix it.

This coward will throw Xhaka under the bus, just as he did with Özil, Willock, AMN, Mustafi, Torreira.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Steady on, death may be the ultimate reward..
tumblr_osl463YFJ21rmalxko3_250.gif

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Uncalled for booing in the Xhaka case goes without saying :p but I say it anyway

In general the only thing that warrants booing is lack of effort and/or Unsportsman like behaviour

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Should only boo an individual if they are really taking the piss. E.g not applying themself like they should, not having the right attitude etc.

It’s not Xhaka’s fault that he isn’t good enough and Emery is starting him.

I do think that jeering at the sub was alright because it was more to sarcastically say “thank you emery for realising he shouldn’t be playing”. It was more of a message to Emery, but after Xhaka started walking off he and the crowd didn’t cover themselves in glory.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Two points
1) Xhaka has worked hard for the club and up to that point had been a model professional. He’s had a lot of abuse from our fans. Not sure why Arsène and Unai persisted with him as a starter.
2) Part of what makes playing at home an advantage is the home support. I’ll bet outle team has as many bad memories at the Emirates as good memories.

We shoot ourselves in the foot. Fans included.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Booing a team is more than fine, gets really dicey when it's just at individual players though.

Generally agree with this. It's difficult though, because the frustration is often tied to something that is hard to express as a crowd without singling out individuals during subs etc. It was fairly clear to me that the fans yesterday weren't really booing Xhaka the person/footballer, but rather used him to channel their frustration with Emery's overall management of the team, especially the way the team is set up etc.

It's a shame how Xhaka reacted, but it's also understandable. Even if it wasn't as personal as he probably felt it was, you can clearly see why he'd feel that way.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't like the idea of booing any individual.

Boo the team at the end by all means, or even HT if it's that's bad.

If you instigate the exchange with any act of petulance, though, the individual deserves all he gets.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I just think it shouldn’t be individually targeted. The xhaka thing really really made me uncomfortable. This is a team sport. Booing the entire team at HT/FT isn’t that bad. People who say things directly to the players in person are idiots as well.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I always thought the fans treated Gilberto harshly and unfairly, but I don't think Xhaka can have any complaints.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There is giving stick and letting your feelings be known and there is yesterday, where fans humiliated a player for no reason.

Top Bottom