• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace| Sunday 27th October | KO:16:30 GMT | Illegal Streams

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So var made things worse without it we could've won 3-0 or 3-1 yesterday.

The dive wasn't so clear mistake from VAR to me as the second one, a bit surprising that Clattenburg sees it that clear. But the second one was unbelievable, a new low.

Clattenburg & Webb (Oliver is best of the current ones, but not at their level maybe) are the best English referees I know of, so it's a big thing to hear he agreed with me that both were weird decisions.

And why the hell is the VAR screen even there?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
There are usually lots of post-match ifs and buts along the lines of the ref robbed us after games & the world is against us. Don’t usually see the point in them, it’s all part of the game and every team thinks the same etc..

But this VAR decision was the biggest robbery to Arsenal FC since the Rooney dive. Never seen opposition fans, sp*rs fans!, ex pros, referees, people across all areas of football unequivocally backing is on a “refereeing” decision in this way before.

I’m scratching my head trying to think of a worse call against us I’ve seen. RVP red for kicking the ball away maybe?

You would hope the players could turn their sense of injustice around and use it in a positive way going forward, but we all know there is about a 5% chance of that happening.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The dive wasn't so clear mistake from VAR to me as the second one, a bit surprising that Clattenburg sees it that clear. But the second one was unbelievable, a new low.

Clattenburg & Webb (Oliver is best of the current ones, but not at their level maybe) are the best English referees I know of, so it's a big thing to hear he agreed with me that both were weird decisions.

And why the hell is the VAR screen even there?

There is no way in hell that is a dive , was a pen all day long , Still should have won 3-2 , Sokratis should have had a brace ,

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Sokratis should've had a brace, and Luiz scored a goal and drew a sharp save out of Hennesey. Our defenders are getting the best chances while the much vaunted attack is starved of opportunities.

Wryer

I can't claim to watch all the games, but can someone tell me the Sokratis goal is the dodgiest VAR decision till date? It was so unbelievable. So bad that some corruption investigation has to be done. I can accept that 50-50 or even 60-40 situations that don't go our way. But this is honestly robbery.

baccy_man

Established Member
I have just seen this on Sky Sports,
Jarred Gillett was the VAR official for Arsenal's clash with Palace. A 32-year-old Australian, Gillett has never taken charge of a Premier League game, with his refereeing experience in England limited to nine Football League fixtures.
How can someone with this amount of experience be allowed to make important decisions on a game in the Premier League,
Surely the F A could have found someone with more experience and who knows what they are doing to decide what is ruled on by V A R.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Jarred Gillett was the VAR official for Arsenal's clash with Palace. A 32-year-old Australian, Gillett has never taken charge of a Premier League game, with his refereeing experience in England limited to nine Football League fixtures.
How can someone with this amount of experience be allowed to make important decisions on a game in the Premier League,
Surely the F A could have found someone with more experience and who knows what they are doing to decide what is ruled on by V A R.
When I had a look at who the VAR was I couldn't believe it, you can't start as the head VAR an a PL game if he's only got a few games experience, start as the assistant VAR at least for a few games to learn all the rules & new stuff, everything is a bit different to the A-League over here. He won't do it but he should state an apology or his reasoning as to the decision I think. Felt like he just wanted to make completely new rules haha. That was ridiculous the decision, if anything Chambers got fouled first himself.

Ashybashy86

Surely the F A could have found someone with more experience and who knows what they are doing
to decide what is ruled on by V A R.
There was someone with more experience - Martin Atkinson. The problem is, he got the Zaha penalty wrong, and even gave him a yellow. So, probably wasn't confident with subsequent calls. If the ref is unconvinced by what he's being told, he needs to check for himself to make a final decision. VAR is only an assistant, but the PL are using it like judge, jury and executioner.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Martin Atkinson as the head referee & the guy with the experience, I presume he would have seen the replay a few times, if he saw nothing wrong & thought it was a fair goal he should have told the VAR guy he's got that wrong & stood with his decision, you could say it's also on Martin Atkinson no doubt. We got some very contentious calls by him during the game anyway aswell. Most ridiculous decision I have seen in a long time, could even almost say it was match fixed it was that bad, probably shouldn't though.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Sokratis should've had a brace, and Luiz scored a goal and drew a sharp save out of Hennesey. Our defenders are getting the best chances while the much vaunted attack is starved of opportunities.

Why do people state this as if that has been a pattern this season? It just so happened to be the pattern of this particular game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom