• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup 4th Round: Liverpool v Arsenal | Wednesday October 30, 19:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will go through to the 5th Round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Would love to see a Guendouzi-Lucas-Willock midfield for this game, would love to see this midfield going forward...and not with Joe as a 10 but more a 4-3-3 Emery!
Precisely. Emery is contradicting his stance on Özil and on his playstyle by playing a 4231. Xhaka is useless at serving us as a DLP, so we play it to our fullbacks and cant build up corrrectly as we are outnumbered in midfield....

In our situation it seems like being more solid in the midfield would actually provide a better base to create. Right now it's so disjointed. Playing with a number 10 these days is a luxury.

Please Emery try a 433 with those players (with Torreira in front of the back 4) and we will be more successful.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
The display against Vitoria was a bit worrying, but perhaps suggests we underestimated them. I've not seen Liverpool's B team play, so can't compare.

The performance against Vitoria was indeed alarming. I was talking more our B team being stronger when you look at the players individually. Currently our B team consists of players like Holding, Bellerin, Torreira, Willock, Martinelli etc. I really think those players are better than any other B team except City's. Of course playing as a team we aren't that great.

Btw my hunch Özil would be in the squad turned out to be right.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Precisely. Emery is contradicting his stance on Özil and on his playstyle by playing a 4231. Xhaka is useless at serving us as a DLP, so we play it to our fullbacks and cant build up corrrectly as we are outnumbered in midfield....

In our situation it seems like being more solid in the midfield would actually provide a better base to create. Right now it's so disjointed. Playing with a number 10 these days is a luxury.

Please Emery try a 433 with those players (with Torreira in front of the back 4) and we will be more successful.

We should look to move on from Xhaka completely at this point, for his sake and ours...Lucas as a 6 and Gonzo and Joe as 8s, I just want to see that once this season that’s all I ask :lol:

I can’t understand how Emery has not seen that the midfield set up is killing us...brings more pressure on our dodgy defence and is isolating our attack...as you say disjointed to the extreme!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I weirdly expect to win this one. Think we’ve got a better B team than Liverpool- much better.

Martinez
Bellerin Holding Mustafi Kolasinac
Willock Torreira Ceballos
Saka Martinelli Smith Rowe

Pressure is all on them, this is essentially a free swing. Hopefully our young bucks turn up with a fearless attitude and completely ignore any instructions given by Emery.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I weirdly expect to win this one. Think we’ve got a better B team than Liverpool- much better.

Martinez

Pressure is all on them, this is essentially a free swing. Hopefully our young bucks turn up with a fearless attitude and completely ignore any instructions given by Emery.

like they can understand his instructions in the first place.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

Martinez

I would say the reverse. There isn't much pressure on Liverpool to do anything in the league cup, it's a free swing for them which will likely be reflected in their starting lineup. They are already confirmed their 3rd choice goalie will play. There is no pressure on their team or manager, I'd say the opposite for Arsenal, where there is pressure on Emery for sure.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I would say the reverse. There isn't much pressure on Liverpool to do anything in the league cup, it's a free swing for them. There is no pressure on their team or manager, I'd say the opposite for Arsenal, where there is pressure on Emery for sure.

Nah we’re not under pressure to win a league cup. Liverpool have an unbelievable home record and will be expected to win for that reason alone. If Liverpool knock us out it’ll be expected- Emery won’t fall under more pressure whatever happens here.

LG10

Don't think it matters that we have the better line up on paper. It's still Anfield and the likes of the ox, keita, Origi are good enough to punish us. Harvey Elliott is a special player as well. Not like Emery will have a good game plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jae

Ashybashy86

Emery on Özil - "We need his quality, his skill. We need his consistency. We need his positive mentality. Then we need him to help us on the pitch. I want now like in the pre-season, like a month ago, for him to help us on the pitch."

:rolleyes:

ptrcopp

Why are people saying we have a better second team?!

Liverpool’s second team has Origi, Ox, Lallana, and Gomez to call on, as well as Brewster.

Bellerin and Holdingn are only there because they’re returning from injury. Then we have Willock who hasn’t looked up to it recently, Kola and Mustafi who have few fans on this forum and AMN who has been in the worst form of his life this season. The rest are youngsters, with only Martinelli showing any form this season.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Why are people saying we have a better second team?!

Liverpool’s second team has Origi, Ox, Lallana, and Gomez to call on, as well as Brewster.

Bellerin and Holdingn are only there because they’re returning from injury. Then we have Willock who hasn’t looked up to it recently, Kola and Mustafi who have few fans on this forum and AMN who has been in the worst form of his life this season. The rest are youngsters, with only Martinelli showing any form this season.

Apart from midfield, where they seem slightly stronger with Ox, Keita and Lallana (even though Lallana is a shell of the player he was, injuries have ruined him), they are far weaker in both attack and defence. Up front apart Origi they are all untested youngesters. Brewster hasn't done a single noticeable thing for the first team, same for Curtis Jones. Elliot is another youngster with just potential. I think they all have zero PL minutes between them.

In defence they have 17 yr old fullback with little experience in the first team. On the other flank they usually play James Milner, while he is an excellent professional, he really is getting too old to play a physically demanding position like that. At CB they have Gomez, who is good but also Lovren, who is only slightly better version of Mustafi. Whenever he gets games consistently produces blunders. In goal they will have their 3rd choice GK. Again individually we are stronger there.

Not saying we should beat them, we are the under dogs in this game because it is at Anfield plus Klopp is a better manager then Emery. But this Liverpool B team is really average, anyone who has watched any game where Klopp has played his reserves would have seen they aren't really that special. Hence why they get knocked out of minor cups very early whenever Klopp rests his big shots.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Interested to see how Holding does in this, first big game really since his injury.

ptrcopp

Apart from midfield, where they seem slightly stronger with Ox, Keita and Lallana (even though Lallana is a shell of the player he was, injuries have ruined him), they are far weaker in both attack and defence. Up front apart Origi they are all untested youngesters. Brewster hasn't done a single noticeable thing for the first team, same for Curtis Jones. Elliot is another youngster with just potential. I think they all have zero PL minutes between them.

In defence they have 17 yr old fullback with little experience in the first team. On the other flank they usually play James Milner, while he is an excellent professional, he really is getting too old to play a physically demanding position like that. At CB they have Gomez, who is good but also Lovren, who is only slightly better version of Mustafi. Whenever he gets games consistently produces blunders. In goal they will have their 3rd choice GK. Again individually we are stronger there.

Not saying we should beat them, we are the under dogs in this game because it is at Anfield plus Klopp is a better manager then Emery. But this Liverpool B team is really average, anyone who has watched any game where Klopp has played his reserves would have seen they aren't really that special. Hence why they get knocked out of minor cups very early whenever Klopp rests his big shots.

‘Slightly better than Mustafi’ is still better than Mustafi. Both Lovren and Gomez start at CB for us. Keita would walk into our starting midfield too and Ox would be in with a shout. Milner is still playing with the heart, desire and intelligence he always has done.

The difference is we have an actual left-back. And the starters returning from injury. Other than that we are worse.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
‘Slightly better than Mustafi’ is still better than Mustafi. Both Lovren and Gomez start at CB for us. Keita would walk into our starting midfield too and Ox would be in with a shout. Milner is still playing with the heart, desire and intelligence he always has done.

The difference is we have an actual left-back. And the starters returning from injury. Other than that we are worse.

Don't think Lovren would start for us. In our system he would be a walking disaster. Gomez is at similar level as Holding so it is fairly even at CB. Whoever we field at fullbacks should be better than Hoever and an ageing Milner.

Like I said imo they are only strong in midfield. It is the area where they have all their strong players concentrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom