• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chessygoal

If Emery wants to save his job, he has to play Özil as much as he can and pray that at some point we can create a better connection between Auba and Özil. These two rarely combine, and it has been going on for more than a season now.
It's super strange because you'd think Özil would love to feed a pacy striker, but it clearly doesn't work for the moment.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Guessing none based in that. He’s finally fitting in with Emery’s game plan.

Jokes aside, those key passes may be them. Thought key passes were assists plus chances created..? And he didn’t have an assist.
WTF!!! 6 recoveries is a lot!! Really even for a DM is a lot. Xhaka was averaging 2 tackles per game and 0.5 interceptions.

But yeah, at some moments he went deep for the ball and started what Ceballos is supposed to do.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The difference is insane, you can see the poor quality of our midfield. Even if we get rid of Emery for a new manager they will have the same problems.
I don't think our midfield is poor at all. It is highly technical but used in a way that requires physical players rather than technical. Wenger, for example, would get much more from Özil and Ceballos because he wouldn't put them in a situation where they need to defend for 80 minutes and expose their weaknesses.

Jack Russell

Nope, Ceballos was doing Ceballos which wasn’t much at all.
They both had their moments in the game. Different reports have them rated above each other fwiw. At the end of the day there can’t have been much between them in general play, either way, can there? Don’t see what all the vehemence is about really lol

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
At the end of the day there can’t have been much between them in general play, either way, can there? Don’t see what all the vehemence is about really lol

Welcome to the Özil thread (aka baby Beruit). Unlike the so called “Emery Lovers”, in this thread people are willing to lay down their lives for their idol. Please enjoy your stay and tread lightly.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How many chances did he create today? I ask because I can't find the stat.

Against well organised teams, most chances are created by fullbacks and wingers because that’s where the space is. Chambers and Tierney’s crossing seemed to be our most productive route and cutbacks from forwards who drift wide.

One of the reasons it frustrates me so much that Emery never or rarely uses 2 wingers.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
They both had their moments in the game. Different reports have them rated above each other fwiw. At the end of the day there can’t have been much between them in general play, either way, can there? Don’t see what all the vehemence is about really lol
Ceballos was one of the reasons Wolves scored. He dosed off.

Jack Russell

Ceballos was one of the reasons Wolves scored. He dosed off.
I know, it was pathetic. I’d afford most players who aren’t defenders a bit of leeway in those situations though. I thought his general contribution in areas where he’s supposed to do well was much better yesterday though.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I know, it was pathetic. I’d afford most players who aren’t defenders a bit of leeway in those situations though. I thought his general contribution in areas where he’s supposed to do well was much better yesterday though.
No he was trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom