• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Vitória S.C. vs Arsenal | Wednesday November 6 KO: 15:50 GMT | BT Sport 2

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Özil missing again. Saved for Leicester? No Chambers or Holding. How are these guys meant to build match fitness and confidence properly? There won't be much to cheer at the weekend vs Leicester the way Emery tinkers.

If Emery starts Özil away at Leicester then he has indeed well and truly risen from the grave. I have my doubts it will happen, but then again trying to second-guess Emery is like trying to predict the actions of a schizophrenic badger that has been dosed with fentanyl.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If Emery starts Özil away at Leicester then he has indeed well and truly risen from the grave. I have my doubts it will happen, but then again trying to second-guess Emery is like trying to predict the actions of a schizophrenic badger that has been dosed with fentanyl.
:rofl:

GDeep™

League is very weak
His job is on the line, of course the bum will play his most creative player now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka accepted the decision without problems according to Emery he removed from the captains group.

Auba now the club Captain.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Doesn’t mean anything anyway, apparently Xhaka is the biggest leader at Arsenal, that will continue even if he’s not wearing the armband on match days.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Why was Smith-Rowe left out against Liverpool and here again?

This is really puzzling. Can only imagine some kind of injury. I know he played an u23 game recently but maybe something flared up again. Usually if ESR is fit he is almost guarenteed to start these kind of games, it would be odd if he was suddenly not even making the bench.

Reactions: A_G

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Özil missing again. Saved for Leicester? No Chambers or Holding. How are these guys meant to build match fitness and confidence properly? There won't be much to cheer at the weekend vs Leicester the way Emery tinkers.

Don't always agree with the way Emery uses the squad but on this occasion I don't see much wrong with this.

Holding is included. Chambers is currently first choice RB and he has been playing at least once a week for a long while now, he isn't short of match fitness so it makes sense he isn't included here.

Özil might lack a bit of match fitness but you have to consider he was involved in 2 games in the space of 3 days. Presumably he will be involved against Leicester. If he was also included here, he would have been involved in 4 games in 11 days. Considering he wasn't even included in the squad for 2 months, playing that many games in such short time is almost asking for injury.

The inclusion of Guendouzi is the only one I don't agree with. Seems like he is already being over played. Should have included Xhaka instead of him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is really puzzling. Can only imagine some kind of injury. I know he played an u23 game recently but maybe something flared up again. Usually if ESR is fit he is almost guarenteed to start these kind of games, it would be odd if he was suddenly not even making the bench.
Apparently a small calf problem, been left behind as a precaution.

I don't mind the squad. Bit strong but still got enough to like. Martinelli to start hopefully. Not sure Nelson will start given he's just returned recently - reckon it'll be Saka and Maitland-Niles again. Midfield will be Torreira-Willock again I feel.

HBL

Established Member
Saka/Nelson - Laca/Martinelli - Pepe
Willock - Torreira - Ceballos/AMN
Tierney - Holding - Mustafi - Bellerin
Martinez

Symbia

Don't always agree with the way Emery uses the squad but on this occasion I don't see much wrong with this.

Holding is included. Chambers is currently first choice RB and he has been playing at least once a week for a long while now, he isn't short of match fitness so it makes sense he isn't included here.

Özil might lack a bit of match fitness but you have to consider he was involved in 2 games in the space of 3 days. Presumably he will be involved against Leicester. If he was also included here, he would have been involved in 4 games in 11 days. Considering he wasn't even included in the squad for 2 months, playing that many games in such short time is almost asking for injury.

The inclusion of Guendouzi is the only one I don't agree with. Seems like he is already being over played. Should have included Xhaka instead of him.
Still wish ESR was included though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom