• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester vs Arsenal | KO:17:30 | Saturday 9th November | Sky Sports

Which of these will happen first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

They signed Torreira and Guendouzi who are both very good players and would probably form a good partnership if given the chance. Xhaka and Ceballos are also decent replacements. How are they supposed to legislate for the manager being an incompetent ****? There’s not another manager in world football who’d play Torreira as a 8/10. You have a point on the defence but they’ve still invested a decent amount in that area. Leno, Sokratis, Saliba and Tierney is £100m+.

Our squad is fine and should have a lot more points than they currently have. It’s a squad that should easily be able to achieve 70-80 points with a good manager. It’s the incompetent **** in charge who’s not getting the best out of it.

Couldn't agree with this post more. I'll get hate for it but imo we have the best squad we've had in years in terms of ability and potential. It's the reason I thought we'd walk top 4 this season but Emery has utterly taken away any hope of this squad showing it's full potential.

Right now it's hard to judge any player under this manager because the players souls have seemed to be sucked out of them.

I'd love for a new guy to come in and get this squad playing because we could absolutely blow teams away.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Emery's final game

giphy.gif

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Would you have rated Leicester's team this highly at the beginning of the season? Or actually last season when they had Claude puel in charge? That was almost the same squad, yet most of their players looked really bad under him.
Very Good point Hleb, i was in a bad mood yesterday so hence the sensationalist writing. You are right

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Couldn't agree with this post more. I'll get hate for it but imo we have the best squad we've had in years in terms of ability and potential. It's the reason I thought we'd walk top 4 this season but Emery has utterly taken away any hope of this squad showing it's full potential.

Right now it's hard to judge any player under this manager because the players souls have seemed to be sucked out of them.

I'd love for a new guy to come in and get this squad playing because we could absolutely blow teams away.
You can't be serious. We already had some top forwards and great youngsters coming through. Yet we bought another £70m forward in addition to Martinelli.

And then an old cheap Chelsea reject at the last minute to match our already rash CB. They're mistakes are us.

Emery bashing is easy, it gives a focal point for frustration. I get it. But our squad is also a problem, regardless of the Emery situation.

GunnerUK

I think we'll win this as Leicester are just pathetic whenever they play Arsenal they've only beaten us 10 times since 1967.!! and that's out of 66 games shocking stats even in their title winning season we pushed them around like clowns.

We truly are their boggy team.

Hope odds are well against us with the bookies cause I'm certain we're winning this.

Posters on foxes talk saying how their beaten us 5-1 and sh!t - DELUDED

The same delusions about keeping players like Kante & Mahrez after their title win. Small club . I know your reading this Foxtalk posters.

Suck that up...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Remember this, after we went Invincible against Leicester? :drool:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think we'll win this as Leicester are just pathetic whenever they play Arsenal they've only beaten us 10 times since 1967.!! and that's out of 66 games shocking stats even in their title winning season we pushed them around like clowns.

We truly are their boggy team.

Hope odds are well against us with the bookies cause I'm certain we're winning this.

Posters on foxes talk saying how their beaten us 5-1 and sh!t - DELUDED

The same delusions about keeping players like Kante & Mahrez after their title win. Small club . I know your reading this Foxtalk posters.

Suck that up...
Lol they’ll smack us around bro

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You can't be serious. We already had some top forwards and great youngsters coming through. Yet we bought another £70m forward in addition to Martinelli.

And then an old cheap Chelsea reject at the last minute to match our already rash CB. They're mistakes are us.

Emery bashing is easy, it gives a focal point for frustration. I get it. But our squad is also a problem, regardless of the Emery situation.

Yes I know how you feel about adding a winger, you mention it enough. I said it a while back but I think the plan was always to bring in Saliba this year and still have Kos, both plans went to sh*t.

It's easy to bash Emery because we've gone backwards in every department this year. I can honestly say if we had VVD in this squad we wouldn't look any better. All the players look confused, the midfield is disjointed and so is attack. Our ball winning DM plays at CAM and hasn't had a good game there yet but still plays.

This isn't on the squad, Emery would be sat in 6th with Liverpool.

Last edited:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
**** me, Läster really has the better team (and coach) dont they. Ndidi walks into our team, Tielemans as well. Ricardo Pereira is better than Bellerin. Chilwell probs better than Tierney (way too early tho). Jonny Evans would be our best CB by far, Soyuncu looks the real deal. Auba is a bit better than Vardy i would say. Maddison...what a player. Harvey Barnes looks exciting as well, tenacious. Ayoze Perez quality on his day, bit like Mesut Özil.

Hecking impressive, foxes.

Vardys fighting spirit just edges it for me. Got that steel about him that I would love in this team. Would've saved the club £80m+ to put towards other positions had we got him in 2016

I'm still amazed we didn't pick up Evans for £3m or whatever it was he was allowed to leave for as well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
it's worrying times when you have players like Leno Tierney Bellerin Guendouzi Özil Pepe Laca Auba and we afraid of getting heavily beaten most teams would love to have these players in their starting line up.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The Leicester team is well balanced and play once a week it help the fitness level and avoiding injuries. their players are talented and young or at their peak like Vardy Evans Schmeichel or on great form like Ricardo who was disaster when Leicester first signed him or Barnes who nobody heard of until of middle of last season and the Turkish defender who is surprise of the season.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes I know how you feel about adding a winger, you mention it enough. I said it a while back but I think the plan was always to bring in Saliba this year and still have Kos, both plans went to sh*t.

It's easy to bash Emery because we've gone backwards in every department this year. I can honestly say if we had VVD in this squad we wouldn't look any better. All the players look confused, the midfield is disjointed and so is attack. Our ball winning DM plays at CAM and hasn't had a good game there yet but still plays.

This isn't on the squad, Emery would be sat in 6th with Liverpool.
Yeah, of course VVD would struggle, our midfield is over-run every game. What are you saying, it's because he's not playing Torreira as DM.

So if you were Emery, what is our best midfield combo?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Managers aside for a minute. Sometimes players take a while to adjust to the Prem and then get used to playing with each other as a team. Tielemans and Maddison were both new last year. But really seem to have gelled this year with Ndidi. They now look a formidable unit.

They only look formidable now because they know exactly their role in the team and those players compliment each other well.

The transfer team have put to together a really good squad for £300m+There are no holes.

There are plenty of holes in that squad. Far more than in our squad. For a start they don't have any great attacking wide players. Most of the time Perez and Barnes line up in that position but they don't seem too comfortable in those positions. Gray and Albrighton are natural wide players, but they don't have the necessary quality to be really effective hence they ride the bench in most games. It severely limits how they can play, if you stop the counter attack and mark Maddison through the middle or stop their fullbacks pushing up high to provide the width, they don't seem to be able to attack in any other way. It is what happened at Old Trafford. Their squad doesn't have enough variety of players, which I would say is same as having gaps in the squad.

At CB only Soyuncu we might be able to say is above average. Evans has looked poor plenty of times in the last 2 years. He is playing well now cos the system is working well and maximising his strength. If he was playing for us now people would be asking why we bought a cheap reject from United to strengthen us. Ffs their first sub at CB is Wes Morgan, again an average CB but will do a great job in a competent system. Again the system and organisation is key here.

At front. Only Vardy and perhaps Maddison are reliable goalscorers. Leaving even aside the fact if Vardy gets injured they are ****ed. It also again forces them to play in only one way. The fast counter attack or build up through the middle or rely a lot on their fullbacks to provide the width. Teams might well be able to suss that out later in the season and stop them being as effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom