• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Its time for the great man to come back home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I love Arsène but wasn't his fault he got us to this point? Instead of improving when we were in CL we just were the same while other teams are improving can't blame him for all the board and kroenke will have take responsibility too
We had 3rd in our hands last year, we were in the EL final. This season the club gave Unai a team good enough to finish top 4.

I don’t know if there is blame game to be played here other than Unai. The new structure and regime has supported Unai and he’s come short.

Seriously, we need to get over blaming Wenger. We should have got CL last season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If we got CL last year, that would have allowed us more spending in the summer. We would have been in the position we should be - CL with a new manager and decent team.

It’s not the fault of Wenger that Unai totally collapsed last season with poor line ups, tactics, subs etc.

Move on people.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Had enough of this pining for Wenger. He's not coming back, get over it.
FFS it’s annoying, he’s gone but people still dragging him up just to have digs.

Move the **** on man. You guys have a bum manager destroying the club, shut the **** up and suck that up now.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
FFS it’s annoying, he’s gone but people still dragging him up just to have digs.

Move the **** on man. You guys have a bum manager destroying the club, shut the **** up and suck that up now.
People have a short memory. We/he were stagnating, it was time to move on. The collapse last year was nobody but Emery's fault and it's now clear we move on from him to. The solution to that is not bringing back the old problems with Wenger .I think anybody that expected a perfect solution immediately after Wenger was being naive.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Yes, I believe we need him now more than ever. Ever since I became a gooner, I've been wondering what it would feel like to be involved in a relegation fight. I believe Arsène had that in his repertoire.

Has to also be said that this is a troll thread created by a troll account, controlled by a troll, imo.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People have a short memory. We/he were stagnating, it was time to move on. The collapse last year was nobody but Emery's fault and it's now clear we move on from him to. The solution to that is not bringing back the old problems with Wenger .I think anybody that expected a perfect solution immediately after Wenger was being naive.

You talk about the perfect solution but we should have had that if it wasn’t for Unai the bum messing up his team selections and subs against teams like Palace and Brighton at home.

Ian Wright and Merson called the EL final the most embarrassing they’ve ever seen, who is to blame for that?

We were close to the season we wanted, Emery cost us.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
You talk about the perfect solution but we should have had that if it wasn’t for Unai the bum messing up his team selections and subs against teams like Palace and Brighton at home.

Ian Wright and Merson called the EL final the most embarrassing they’ve ever seen, who is to blame for that?

Which showed he was never the right man. The style of football throughout last season was the warning and eventually it bit us in the arse

GDeep™

League is very weak
Which showed he was never the right man. The style of football throughout last season was the warning and eventually it bit us in the arse
Big pressure on the club go get the next man right, because we could become the new Sp**s if it goes wrong.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

What good would getting CL football had done anyway? You think we'd be playing any better right now?

Wenger's gone, he had to go, and we should only look back at the good times.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What good would getting CL football had done anyway? You think we'd be playing any better right now?

Wenger's gone, he had to go, and we should only look back at the good times.

Would’ve brought more money into the club, allowed us to spend more on better players in the summer possibly.

Our current on field problems would be the same though, agree.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
People are acting as if we weren't the ones who treated him like garbage while he was the best we ever had.
No thanks. He deserves better than us, let him enjoy his vacation.
& yes I know even the the past it, has been version of Wenger is 10 times the manager Emery is.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Would’ve brought more money into the club, allowed us to spend more on better players in the summer possibly.

Our current on field problems would be the same though, agree.
I doubt we'd have spent a penny more. We'd most probably have spent less if we got CL. Did we knot eat into reserves in the summer in an attempt to get CL football this season?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I doubt we'd have spent a penny more. We'd most probably have spent less if we got CL. Did we knot eat into reserves in the summer in an attempt to get CL football this season?
Not sure, I suspect the Iwobi sale was to balance things out a little.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

TBF the response to the original post has been almost unanimously no, the consensus is not normally reached so quickly on here!

GDeep™

League is very weak
TBF the response to the original post has been almost unanimously no, the consensus is not normally reached so quickly on here!
Most are staying away from such a topic though I feel. If it becomes a serious question, I think those willing to take him on an interim basis will outweigh those who won’t.

Right now it feels as soon as Wenger is mentioned, the anti Wenger merchants shoot off straight away.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Most are staying away from such a topic though I feel. If it becomes a serious question, I think those willing to take him on an interim basis will outweigh those who won’t.

Right now it feels as soon as Wenger is mentioned, the anti Wenger merchants shoot off straight away.

Some are a bit insecure I feel, in terms of the fact that their "anyone but Wenger" stance is looking a bit foolish. All we heard for the last few seasons of Wengers reign is how they just wanted chance regardless of who came in. Now look at us, we're playing appalling football and we could be 9 points off CL places and in mid-table pretty soon. And this is with a so called experienced manager who's one trophies, it's not like we took the gamble on Arteta and it hasn't paid off. Most people were celebrating the appointment of Emery, then there was the we got our Arsenal back stuff. Some people are starting to look a bit silly and they don't like it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's not that at all :lol: I think it's more Help the Aged and people who are against further diminishing the reputation or legacy of the possibly the clubs most influential figure in the clubs history. Could pro-Wenger supporters stomach that? The odds would be stacked heavily against him. They'd be ok with that? This is a pointless discussion anyway.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's not that at all :lol: I think it more Help the Aged and people who are against further diminishing the reputation or legacy of the possibly the clubs most influential figure in the clubs history. Could pro-Wenger supporters stomach that? The odds would be stacked heavily against him. They'd be ok with that?

I don’t want him back, no upside for him at Arsenal anymore. He’s better than most of the names we’re linked with though, so it’s a weird situation for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom