• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead & Mesut

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It’s been widely reported as a couple of drunken Turkish eejits outside his house shouting abuse. Whether the abuse was political or football based in unclear.

You'd expect some newspaper hack would have normally dug up some dirt on the names by now, perhaps they have been asked to keep quiet by the police.

Jakarta

If it was just Özil being attacked then I would've seriously thought it was related to his friendship with Erdogan.

But Kola being targeted as well? Even sending his family back to Germany?

Sounds more like a crime syndicate if anything. I think they got themselves involved in a messy situation or refused to pay extortion money....

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
10 years !! :eek:

There are teenagers getting jailed less for murder in London then that.

How somebody got a judge to pass that sentence is gob smacking. Must be an Arsenal fan or paid off

I mean... they're teenagers. Not sure what case you are speaking of. Unfortunately we see people get probation for rape sometimes too.

GunnerUK

I mean... they're teenagers. Not sure what case you are speaking of. Unfortunately we see people get probation for rape sometimes too.

The justice system is a farce here in England a 17 year old male was sentenced to 12 years for killing his girlfriend after she dumped him - he stabbed her 37 times.

you think cause his a teenager the sentence is Appropriate.? He should of got 60 years.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
The justice system is a farce here in England a 17 year old male was sentenced to 12 years for killing his girlfriend after she dumped him - he stabbed her 37 times.

you think cause his a teenager the sentence is Appropriate.? He should of got 60 years.

Not sure what I think, really. Ultimately, his life is ruined by having a felony on his record and, likely, the sexual action he'll be getting in prison. He'll likely actually get out in 5 years on good behavior. He'll probably just learn how to be a better criminal in prison.

60 years just means the state will have to take care of him for the rest of his life.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Not sure what I think, really. Ultimately, his life is ruined by having a felony on his record and, likely, the sexual action he'll be getting in prison. He'll likely actually get out in 5 years on good behavior. He'll probably just learn how to be a better criminal in prison.

60 years just means the state will have to take care of him for the rest of his life.

Out in 5 years. Jesus did you look at that kids eyes in the news reports. He has that fvcking Charles Manson stare. Should never ever be released.

10 years seems a tad harsh for the watch snatcher - no doubt influenced by the high profile of the case, think the guy was a “career criminal” though. Hopefully he will be catching a daily beatdown from Gooners/Turkish OGs when serving his time.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Depends what you want out of your prison system, is it set up for retribution or rehabilitation?

Might be simplistic but the problem I see with the American system where people get massive stretches is it then leaves that person in prison for the rest of their life, their motivation changes to climbing the social ladder in prison.

It trickles down because when other people go to prison on short sentences they can be affected by their environment and come out as hardened criminals.

Locking people for decades at a time doesn’t benefit society, it’s expensive to lock someone up for so long who will probably never contribute to society ever again. That’s not to say, do whatever you want and get out in five years but locking up people and throwing away the key is all costly to the taxpayer.

Manberg

Predator
I think the issue is how prisons themselves are run. I like the Scandinavian system where the focus is on rehabilitation and making them better people to be released back into society rather than ours and the US's where we label them as criminals and just aim to lock them up to help separate society from them.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

10 years for a 10 second decision they made.

Lovely stuff, get absolutely ****ed in prision.

Moah

10 years sentence for scaring three people. They should have known better but now they'll have enough time to regret it.

Did they even take the watch?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom