• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester vs Arsenal | KO:17:30 | Saturday 9th November | Sky Sports

Which of these will happen first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

m-due

Don't be ridiculous, Leicesteer are clearly a level above Southampton.

Agreed about Leicester being a level above Southampton. At the same time, our beloved Arsenal is there for the taking. Forget about predicting the next set of games, we don’teven know where our next three points will come from. Purely judging this through our form and expectations. We are wounded for real.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Apparently the performance was encouraging, but what they don't get is that this time last year Leicester were mid-table with Puel under pressure, they changed manager and are now top 4 contenders because of the change in manager. That's why they're better than us, we've fallen behind them because of Emery. I mean imagine this time last year you'd be mad for being content with a 2-0 defeat to Leicester, but now Rodgers has set their standards so high and Emery has brought ours to the floor that what we saw yesterday was apparently encouraging for the board.

What was even encouraging? Ndidi should have scored, they were creating the better chances tho Lacazette should have done better but it's Lacazette who's even surprised? It seemed inevitable that Leicester would score. We're making the same mistakes, yet it was encouraging. At 2-0 Leicester were passing it about toying with us, you know like we used to do to teams, but that was encouraging apparently. Leicester playing one and two touch football while we chased shadows was encouraging.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Apparently the performance was encouraging, but what they don't get is that this time last year Leicester were mid-table with Puel under pressure, they changed manager and are now top 4 contenders because of the change in manager. That's why they're better than us, we've fallen behind them because of Emery. I mean imagine this time last year you'd be mad for being content with a 2-0 defeat to Leicester, but now Rodgers has set their standards so high and Emery has brought ours to the floor that what we saw yesterday was apparently encouraging for the board.

What was even encouraging? Ndidi should have scored, they were creating the better chances tho Lacazette should have done better but it's Lacazette who's even surprised? It seemed inevitable that Leicester would score. We're making the same mistakes, yet it was encouraging. At 2-0 Leicester were passing it about toying with us, you know like we used to do to teams, but that was encouraging apparently. Leicester playing one and two touch football while we chased shadows was encouraging.

Like the way you slipped a little Laca dig into the middle of your other (all valid) points, very skilful dude.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure where you're getting your opinion that i'm ignoring this and not acknowledging that?

I haven't implied I think Rodgers would be a bad choice at Arsenal, in fact I think he'd be a great choice, he did a fantastic job of developing our players, my only real criticism of Rodgers was his lack of adaptability, he was unwilling time and time again at Celtic to change our tactics against teams that played the same style as us but with much better players, Barcelona and PSG couldn't believe their luck when we lined up against them under Rodgers, don't get me wrong I do think that lesson has hit home with him to an extent now.

Complimenting Lennon on how well he's doing doesn't mean i'm underestimating how good a job Rodgers did, we have a team full of young, high potential players and I credit Rodgers man management as the main reason for that, but I don't think many Celtic fans would disagree that we had become pretty stale entertainment wise by the time Brendan moved on.
Man City couldnt believe their luck, oh wait we knocked them off their perch. Rodgers style is about belief. When you can do it against the best you can do it against anyone. Even then he lined up with a back 5 away to Barcelona bringing in Gamboa for a debut and Dembele missed a penalty at one nil.

The football became worse because teams sat deeper. Rodgers tried to refresh the squad with John McGinn and Fabian Schar but the board failed to back him. Unsurprisingly the lack of investment hampered him. Lennon has spent the millions Rodgers earned and the team unsurprisingly looks better for it.

Rodgers is the man. The best Irish coach and best British coach. And he is only getting better.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Özil detractors have been dont this all season. No evidence for their claims because actually he either hasn't played or crap like the above takes place yet he's 'lazy', 'not interested', 'lost passion for the sport'. When Actually he's probably just been vocal at training and told Emery 'his philosophy won't work and the manager has responded by freezing him out until such point where Özil is proved right, Emery is in crises management and forced to redeploy him..
TWO SEASONS IN A ROW!

Relax. We’re very close to seeing what the next manager does with him. The Özil in/out camps all have their meticulous notes prepared and are ready to go. :lol:

GoonerJay24

Agreed about Leicester being a level above Southampton. At the same time, our beloved Arsenal is there for the taking. Forget about predicting the next set of games, we don’teven know where our next three points will come from. Purely judging this through our form and expectations. We are wounded for real.

Maybe fans need to be more positive. Improve atmosphere at the Emirates and will encourage players to perform.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Like the way you slipped a little Laca dig into the middle of your other (all valid) points, very skilful dude.

Like a Hulk Hogan promo, always speak first and last so the attention is on you...Tir Na Nog knows how the game is played ;)

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
  • Overplaying in non threatening areas
  • Dropping back into a defensive shape but not applying any pressure

• Pointing at someone unmarked while failing to mark yourself
These are happening every week and no formation or tactical system will fix them.
You think these are not instructions from the manager? He is a coward who genuinely doesn’t want to take risks to win. He hopes that Auba will bail him out or we'll get some lucky set piece goal & then defend for our lives. Have you genuinely seen us attack while having a lead?

Mate, I think it was soundly proven that we are several levels above Southampton. In fact, we are looking a level above you, these days. Arsenal spaffed all that money on that flash stadium, and left little to keep up the standard of your squad. Every year you miss out on the Champions and first three loosers league money, you drop further behind. Its gonna take a lot of prudence from your club, and patience from your fans, before you challenge again.

say yes

forum master baiter
where is @say yes i want to know what he thinks about all this.

disgusting, simply disgusting.

Remember people moaning about wenger?
good times.
I didn’t bother watching as I knew we were going to lose.

Pathetic manager. I can’t believe he’s going to last much longer.

Manberg

Predator
You know what I think?

I can count at least three occasions when they didn't pass to Özil. This is high-level sabotage. The players have revolted and refusing to score goals. Özil might be playing for his spot in the team, but the others are actively trying to get Emery out.

Not sure I agree. The intensity from our side was the highest its been this all season and everyone seemed to be working hard, running. I think Emery told them to keep a defensive shape and stay behind the ball.
It’s just **** tactics.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure I agree. The intensity from our side was the highest its been this all season and everyone seemed to be working hard, running. I think Emery told them to keep a defensive shape and stay behind the ball.
It’s just **** tactics.
Good point. Especially for the Kolasinac passes. He must have been instructed to play the simple back pass

Plutarch

Looking back at this match, it was disappointing. However, we did play better than we have for a while, and Lacazette had a chance in the first half which he really, really should have scored. That would have made a lot of difference. I'm not cheerful about our current situation but I'm not yet despairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom