• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Bayern acted swiftly and showed us up. Would any other club accept this continued downturn? This saga we're in falls directly on the shoulders of these two.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The conclusion that we can jump to is that Raul and Vinai are just as clueless about football as Ivan was. Raul is now just as responsible for what happens now, this is the perfect time to get rid of Emery but refusing to do so now means he's part of the problem.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Tbh the fact that Ornstein even wrote an article like that is a sign that things aren't rosy at the club.

It would have been hearsay last season to even whisper something about Emery being sacked let alone writing a "Vote of Confidence" article about it.

Managers that are secure in their job don't have articles written about how the board are "happy" with his performance and will evaluate in the summer.

Managers that are doing well are usually linked with a move to another club or talks about whether he will extend. Has anyone seen any "Emery to Barcelona" stories recently?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Tbh the fact that Ornstein even wrote an article like that is a sign that things aren't rosy at the club.

It would have been hearsay last season to even whisper something about Emery being sacked let alone writing a "Vote of Confidence" article about it.

Managers that are secure in their job don't have articles written about how the board are "happy" with his performance and will evaluate in the summer.

Managers that are doing well are usually linked with a move to another club or talks about whether he will extend. Has anyone seen any "Emery to Barcelona" stories recently?
Of course they know he‘s not doing well, they can read the table, they know that we‘re losing games.

The reason to worry is that they are backing him to „turn it around“, when even an idiot like me has realized that he won‘t. They will sack him at one point when it‘s all clear that we won‘t get into the CL but it‘ll be too late then. We, the fans, had hoped that they would be better than that, better than Gazidis, but as it turns out they aren‘t any better and because they‘ve just arrived, things are not going to get better in a long long time. The issue is now way bigger than we hoped it was.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Of course they know he‘s not doing well, they can read the table, they know that we‘re losing games.

The reason to worry is that they are backing him to „turn it around“, when even an idiot like me has realized that he won‘t. They will sack him at one point when it‘s all clear that we won‘t get into the CL but it‘ll be too late then. We, the fans, had hoped that they would be better than that, better than Gazidis, but as it turns out they aren‘t any better and because they‘ve just arrived, things are not going to get better in a long long time. The issue is now way bigger than we hoped it was.
The real issue has always been the Kroenke's. They keep hiring useless directors who in turn make useless decisions. I hoped a real Arsenal man at board level would show them the error of their ways, but Edu is just another suit it seems.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
the sacking will come out of the blue, I think - all Ornstein's input demonstrates is that he is still being used as the unofficial mouthpiece for the Board

Emery will certainly be sacked once we are out of the EL, surely

GDeep™

League is very weak
the sacking will come out of the blue, I think - all Ornstein's input demonstrates is that he is still being used as the unofficial mouthpiece for the Board

So deep into the season then, we’re not getting knocked out before maybe March.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
So deep into the season then, we’re not getting knocked out before maybe March.
A lot of reports claim that it could be around Christmas time if things don't improve by then.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
What would be the point? Just keep him 3 more months and have the summer to target any manager you want.
They might feel they can salvage something from this season if they get a decent appointment them, maybe winning the EL or FA Cup.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is a maddening decision but not surprising. With acl injuries to two starting defenders we got Denis Suarez on loan.

Not sure how they think he can turn this around. We all know it's a sinking ship. They seem to think the fans will direct their anger towards the manager based on what happened with Wenger. They are wrong. The fans realise Emery isn't the right man, so they are waiting for the board to act. This will turn ugly.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

How can these guys look at how we go out and play every week for the past year and honestly think we’re on the right track? Think they’re just looking to avoid putting in the work of finding a new manager tbh. Would rather just sign players twice a season and enjoy fans telling them they have large genitals because of it.

They can't , if we could tell haflway through last season , not sure how professionals that work at the Club were not already looking at contingency plans .
We had one midfielder that made late runs into the box , could actually play the 10 role like Emery wanted and we withdrew his contract, also our best ball carrier from deep we sold this summer our most decorated player we tried to shut out . Definitely think their judgement can be questioned .

We got rid of Sven after a few months , Darren Burgess (we looked fitter last year ) and we are moving fair chunk of the scouting network .
I don't think they are averse to change but maybe Unai is a Raul man . Great way to fortify your position recruit as many minions into positions at the Club as possible . Only explanation I have why Unai is still here and given every chance to keep ****ing up ,

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Darren Burgess (we looked fitter last year )

We had 3 season ending (potentially career ending) injuries last season, when was the last time a club had 2 first team players out injured with tore ACL at the same time? Since Burgess is gone our injury record has improved massively. Me thinks letting Burgess go is the right decision.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We had 3 season ending (potentially career ending) injuries last season, when was the last time a club had 2 first team players out injured with tore ACL at the same time? Since Burgess is gone our injury record has improved massively. Me thinks letting Burgess go is the right decision.

Main point is that management can be ruthless when they want to.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The conclusion that we can jump to is that Raul and Vinai are just as clueless about football as Ivan was. Raul is now just as responsible for what happens now, this is the perfect time to get rid of Emery but refusing to do so now means he's part of the problem.

There is no conclusion you can jump on.
We're not in a video game, this is real life mate.

you can't replace a coach that easily even though Emery has been doing a terrible job.
there's money involved. you have to find the right guy to take the job. What's the point to fire emery if it means we're just getting another stop gap coach?
because any coach who is going to take the job right now is going to ask at least a 1.5 year deal. so should we rush things right now and take the risk to get stuck with a guy we didn't really want? or should we wait this summer to get a better coach?

It's really easy to see that Emery is not the right man for the job anymore. They know it. They're not stupid or dellusional.
but they are in charge. they have a responsability and a tough decision to make.

so far there hasn't been an ideal candidate in the market that would be a good fit. it's not surprising to see Emery still in charge.

It's a good thing we're not rushing things.
Raul & vikash have been in charge for less than a year. let's give them time. they won't fix all our messes, change our culture, find a top coach in such a short span of time.

And don't trust those quotes from the medias. this is just communication. ofc Arsenal leaders were not going to say "Emery is ass, he is going to be fired soon" if they don't have the right man to replace him yet.
the simple fact that they're finally talking about his job means that there's something that is going on behind the scenes.
last year we didn't hear them coming out and say emery's job is safe.

blrgooner

Established Member

I agree with this. Especially considering the language used in Ornstiens article. Sounds exactly like the statement the board would want him to put out so that it can avoid distraction in the recruitment process. At least I hope that is the case.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

It's always been the case. journalists have always been used by clubs/agents to create a narrative and distract attention.

when wenger has decided to retire, it came out of the blue. when we hired emery nobody was expecting it.
i think it's going to be the same when Emery will be replaced.

there aren't a lot of parties involved when you try to hire a coach. much easier to keep it in house and avoid leaks.

Top Bottom