• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2010-2019: A Decade In Review

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
With the way things are currently going, an international break, and just a month to go until the start of a new decade there's no better time to look back on the last ten years

What I want from you:

- Your team of the decade

- Your player of the decade

- top 5 transfers, goals and games

- lowest moment of the decade

Anything else you might feel worthy of mentioning seeing as how there's a lot to cover during ten years

For my team I think I would go with the following

RVP
Alexis Özil Aubameyang
Cazorla Ramsey
Monreal Kos Per Sagna
Cech

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Team of the decade.

Cech*
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Arteta Ramsey
Alexis Özil Cazorla
Van Persie
*Not a great deal of choice, I'd have gone for Fabianski but he wasn't really a starter and I was never a fan of Szczesny.

Also if we're looking at the entire decade there's probably an actual argument for Walcott being in the team but I think in terms of quality I'm happy enough with that team.

Player of the decade- Koscielny, one man army at the back for so long and he's been there for pretty much the entire decade bar the last few months.

Transfers-
1. Özil a real statement signing. Seemed to change the whole atmosphere around the club even if we ended up maybe not reaching the heights we thought when the signing was made.
2. Aubameyang his goals to game record is phenomenal. Look at how quickly it took him to reach 50 goals.
3. Koscielny an absolute steal here, almost a decade we got out of him.
4. Cazorla tremendous signing, thoroughly loved watching him. Played in a few different roles across midfield and did well in all of them,
5. Arteta, the ultimate panic signing changed our fortunes in 11/12 becoming a key part of the midfield helping us finish 3rd. Was statistically the best midfielder in 12/13 leading in so many key areas. 13/14 played a huge role in ending our trophy drought as captain (well Vermaelen was club captain but you know).

Lowest moment of the decade- West Brom 2017 with the plane banner. Absolutely embarrassing moment for the entire club. But then again the people got what they wanted so I'm hoping they're enjoying how much better things are now.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Team of the decade.

Cech*
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Arteta Ramsey
Alexis Özil Cazorla
Van Persie
*Not a great deal of choice, I'd have gone for Fabianski but he wasn't really a starter and I was never a fan of Szczesny.

Also if we're looking at the entire decade there's probably an actual argument for Walcott being in the team but I think in terms of quality I'm happy enough with that team.

Player of the decade- Koscielny, one man army at the back for so long and he's been there for pretty much the entire decade bar the last few months.

Transfers-
1. Özil a real statement signing. Seemed to change the whole atmosphere around the club even if we ended up maybe not reaching the heights we thought when the signing was made.
2. Aubameyang his goals to game record is phenomenal. Look at how quickly it took him to reach 50 goals.
3. Koscielny an absolute steal here, almost a decade we got out of him.
4. Cazorla tremendous signing, thoroughly loved watching him. Played in a few different roles across midfield and did well in all of them,
5. Arteta, the ultimate panic signing changed our fortunes in 11/12 becoming a key part of the midfield helping us finish 3rd. Was statistically the best midfielder in 12/13 leading in so many key areas. 13/14 played a huge role in ending our trophy drought as captain (well Vermaelen was club captain but you know).

Lowest moment of the decade- West Brom 2017 with the plane banner. Absolutely embarrassing moment for the entire club. But then again the people got what they wanted so I'm hoping they're enjoying how much better things are now.
That team looks amazing, it would thrash the one we have now, full of panic buys.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Team of the decade would be:

Leno
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Kos - Monreal
Ramsey - Cazorla
Auba - Özil - Alexis
RVP

Player of the decade: Probably between Alexis and Santi due to the fact they both had the most amounts of high quality seasons, I’d give it to Santi because f*ck Sanchez.

Top 5 transfers:
  1. Cazorla
  2. Monreal
  3. Song (out)
  4. Mertesacker
  5. Walcott (out)
Top 5 goals:

Top 5 games:

Lowest moment:

Blowing four competitions in a month in 2010/11.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Team of the decade:

Szczesny
Sagna-Kos-Per-Nacho
Cazorla-Ramsey
Auba-Özil-Sanchez
Van Persie

Player of the decade:

Probably Kos, from around 2011-2016 he was amazing...had plenty of world class players, but think Kos had the longest period of consistency during the 2010s.

Top 5 transfers:

1.Kos - See above.

2.Sanchez - Amazing peak, our go to guy of the 2010s just in front of Van Persie imo.

3.Cazorla - My (and probably everyone else’s!) favourite player of the decade...a brilliant player and probably the most likeable footballer ever.

4.Per - Haven’t replaced him, from around 2012-2015 he formed the bedrock of our team with Kos, so ****ing good together those two...2017 FA cup final :drool:

5.Özil - He is such a divisive player in terms of his play style, but brilliant to watch on top form.

Lowest moment:

Turned quite badly on Arsène after the 2015-2016 season, wish I could go back and change that...sorry boss :(

Favourite moment:

Supposedly our worst period of the Premier League Era, and supposedly Sp**s’ best...still beat them 6 trophies to 0, and finished ahead of them 7 times to 3 ;)

Last edited:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Team of the decade would be:

Leno
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Kos - Monreal
Ramsey - Cazorla
Auba - Özil - Alexis
RVP

Player of the decade: Probably between Alexis and Santi due to the fact they both had the most amounts of high quality seasons, I’d give it to Santi because f*ck Sanchez.

Top 5 transfers:
  1. Cazorla
  2. Monreal
  3. Song (out)
  4. Mertesacker
  5. Walcott (out)
Top 5 goals:

Top 5 games:

Lowest moment:

Blowing four competitions in a month in 2010/11.

That Leicester game was such a crazy start to the 17/18 season.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Cech
Sagna Holding Koscielny Monreal
Ramsey Cazorla
Walcott Fabregas Alexis
RVP

Some controversial choices but Holding for a short period of time from Wengers last season to his injury was one of our best centre backs, reinforced by the Holding comes back he will save us.

Fabregas 10/11 last season with the club. Perhaps included more for legacy prior to that season but even then he influenced so much of this decade.

Walcott simply because he was a big game player.

Player of the decade split between RVP, Cazorla and Alexis. All got us off our seats enjoying football. All doing it in different periods of the clubs development.

Game of the decade, beating Chelsea in the FA cup final. It was a great run putting out City before hand so great satisfaction in beating two rivals to win a record cup haul.

Özil's transfer a massive moment for us. Even if its not what we needed and hasnt worked out

The demise of the youth project Fabregas, RVP and Nasri then the home grown project. Both signaled the demise of Wenger.

Goal was Ramseys vs Galatasary. Some to pick from but a player I really liked scoring that goal on his weak foot. Sensational stuff.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Cech
Ramsey Cazorla
Walcott Fabregas Alexis
RVP

Some controversial choices but Holding for a short period of time from Wengers last season to his injury was one of our best centre backs, reinforced by the Holding comes back he will save us.

Fabregas 10/11 last season with the club. Perhaps included more for legacy prior to that season but even then he influenced so much of this decade.

Player of the decade split between RVP, Cazorla and Alexis. All got us off our seats enjoying football. All doing it in different periods of the clubs development.

Game of the decade, beating Chelsea in the FA cup final. It was a great run putting out City before hand so great satisfaction in beating two rivals to win a record cup haul.

Özil's transfer a massive moment for us. Even if its not what we needed and hasnt worked out

The demise of the youth project Fabregas, RVP and Nasri then the home grown project. Both signaled the demise of Wenger.

Goal was Ramseys vs Galatasary. Some to pick from but a player I really liked scoring that goal on his weak foot. Sensational stuff.

Classic sanogo reaction to that Ramsey goal. He was as stunned as the rest of us.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Classic sanogo reaction to that Ramsey goal. He was as stunned as the rest of us.
Sanogo had no clue. What a strike it was.

Anyway, I'll take this comment was expecting a few wtfs Holding type comments :lol:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Cech
Ramsey Cazorla
Walcott Fabregas Alexis
RVP

Holding!?
giphy.gif

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Leno
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Cazorla Ramsey
Walcott Özil Alexis
Van Persie

Player of the decade - Alexis

Top 5 transfers:

1. Özil
2. Alexis
3. Koscielny
4. Cazorla
5. Monreal

Top 5 goals of the decade:

1. Wilshere vs Norwich
2. Aubameyang vs Leicester
3. Walcott vs Sp**s (5th goal in the 5-2)
4. Arshavin vs Barca
5. Henry vs Leeds

Lowest moment of the decade: 8-2 defeat at Old Trafford/Europa League final/League Cup final defeat vs Birmingham (Couldn't pick one)

Top 5 games of the decade:

1. Arsenal vs Sp**s 5-2 (1st one)
2. Arsenal vs Sp**s 5-2 (2nd one)
3. Arsenal vs Sp**s 4-2
4. Arsenal vs Barca 2-1
5. Arsenal vs Hull City 3-2

blaze_of_glory

If Cesc in based on ability and not performances:

------------------Scz----------------
Sagna-----Merte--Kos----Nacho
-------Ramsey-Cesc--Santi------
-----------------Özil--------------
----------Rvp--------Alexis----

If no Cesc:

------------------Scz----------------
Sagna-----Merte--Kos-----Nacho
-----------Santi---Ramsey-------
-------Özil--------------Alexis----
------------Rvp------Auba------

Player of the decade: Toss up between Özil and Alexis

Top 5 transfers:
1. Özil
2. Alexis
3. Koscielny
4. Santi
5. Auba

(Honourable mentions to Nacho and Merte)

Top 5 Goals:
1. Ramsey vs Hull
2. Arshavin vs Barca
3. Wilshere vs Norwich
4. Welbeck vs Leicester
5. Henry vs Leeds

(Honourable mention to Giroud's scorpion)

Lowest moments of the decade: losing title to Leicester and Europa League Final

Top 5 games:
1. 2014 FA Cup Final vs Hull
2. 2010 Arsenal 2-1 Barca
3. Arsenal 5-2 Sp**s (1st one)
4. 2017 FA Cup Final vs Chelsea
5. 2017 FA Cup semi final vs City

(honourable mention to Arsenal 3-0 Man U in 2015 - maybe the best we played all decade)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom