• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrible distribution. Always seems nervous which goes badly in the defense in front of him. Not good communication. The defense makes a lot of mistakes.

Hopefully we can get rid of him next summer!

Not a fan!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I think people are underestimating the number of points he's saved us. He's peppered every match and always seems to come up with at least one or two big saves. That makes a huge difference when we're drawing and winning by only one goal so often.

But he has terrible distribution Blaze! And that does not have any fact with him being specifically told by Emery to start the play from the defenders!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I think people are underestimating the number of points he's saved us. He's peppered every match and always seems to come up with at least one or two big saves. That makes a huge difference when we're drawing and winning by only one goal so often.

I think because we still end up losing most games people tend to forget those saves. Just in the last game against Leicester he made a very good save from close range against Vardy. If we went on to win that game it would have got much more credit. Now It won't be remembered much we lost 2-0 anyway.

He has quietly done a good job. You could make a case that since he came into the team in the middle of last season he has been our most consistent performer. He struggled initially with high balls but can't remember him messing those up often since then.

We already know what is going to happen next, he will make 1 or 2 mistakes in the future and suddenly people will remember those and use it to say he has been **** since we bought him.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I'm not taking credit away from him, but there's a reason the rest of the list is lower teams with 2 of the goalkeepers teams being in the relegation zone. Top teams shouldn't be facing so many shots, Leno shouldn't be so busy.

Yeah fair enough, sorry. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I agree, ofc.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He leading the league on save ratio a game explain what a s**ty job our and defense are doing if we decent he can end with season with 10+ clean sheet.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Saw a stat that Fabianski has made only 1 mistake that lead to goal, in the last 2/3 seasons. Fewest in the league.
I saw that too. Always thought he needed change. He was always in a shadow here and couldn't express his talent on the big stage as often. Wenger tended to stick with his keepers regardless of form

LeeDixon85

Think Leno has been good, kept us in matches when we have struggled. Lead the league in saves. Hopefully nothing in the Bayern Munich rumours.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Only one person has made a negative comment everyone else is praising him. Why you gotta be so dramatic all the time?
Can't you count?

Here let me help you

Based on this year's performances i must say that his distribution is highly overrated. Pretty average.
Is Leno unable to make his own decisions about risk just because he's been asked to pass out?

Leno should not have put Sokratis in that situation. Luiz or the long ball would've been a better shout.
Terrible distribution. Always seems nervous which goes badly in the defense in front of him. Not good communication. The defense makes a lot of mistakes.

Hopefully we can get rid of him next summer!

Not a fan!

Are you obsessed with me again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom