• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If it is any consolation it isn't just our fans who turn quickly on their manager.

Sp**s fans were hailing Pochettino as one of the best managers around as little as 6 months ago. Now most of them can't wait to see the back of him
Sp**s have been the sixth most expensive squad in the league for some time. Even if he does badly this year I bet his average finishing position is well above 6th. Which shows he's really added value. They'd be stupid to sack him.

Mind you Wenger's average league finishing position was 2.8 over 22 years and they pushed him out. :lol:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Because the business got quicker via influx of money, player influence via Bosman, etc. Less than 10 games decide the season now. And continuity can only grow on results. Now it's about the results how you evaluate if it's good or bad. Longterm goals, longterm stability. E.g. that's why the Bundesliga model of 50+1 is good for football imo. It puts the importance on longtime good work, not just one good run or the next trophy or the next big investment. Of course like I said there's more factors at play at all time, too. But patience of fans, especially in the leagues in which you can basically buy success, has gone backwards.

I was one of them and the signs were there. I'm usually all for continuity but if it just doesn't work, it doesn't work. And that was clear as day it wasn't just down to some player being unfit or whatever. The run in last season should have been the telling sign to everyone. And in that case you got to make decisions.

I know the reasons why patience is at a premium, it isn't just in football but in society as a whole anyway. It isn't always for the worst but a lot of times it is why things can turn very toxic very quickly.

I have commented on before that you were early critic of Emery but you had your reasons, Which I could understand and see where you were coming from.

Because just like that there's the impression you can get quick success via quick changes, transfers, investments etc.

Even If I acknowledge this and reluctantly accept it, it still doesn't sit right with me.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Sp**s have been the sixth most expensive squad in the league for some time. Even if he does badly this year I bet his average finishing position is well above 6th. Which shows he's really added value. They'd be stupid to sack him.

Mind you Wenger's average league finishing position was 2.8 over 22 years and they pushed him out. :lol:

They are Sp**s fans. Stupid is their middle name

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would love to see Sp**s sack Potch and hire Howe/Ancelotti.

Two massive downgrades on Potch, especially Carlo Ancelotti.

Ancelotti, a man who has managed 3 Champions League wins...versus Poch, a man whose main managerial honour is a book, detailing how he didn't win the Champions League...I am sure Carlo feels very inferior!

Why do you defend Poch so much?

He is a good manager, but it's kind of weird as an Arsenal fan.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The team is spending 5th, and said while he was fifth or above I'd support him. Now he's dropping and appears to have lost it . . but what?. . I've got to keep supporting him or it looks like I was pretending all along? :lol::lol::lol:
Nah, I prefer this over "he's only under-performing squad cost by one place, he's 6th out of 92, judge him in May..." ;)

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Nah, I prefer this over "he's only under-performing squad cost by one place, he's 6th out of 92, judge him in May..." ;)
True, but I was thinking he's struggling for a win and he's only three points above 15th out of 92. ;)

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Let's be honest, Trax never defended Emery with the same conviction he did Wenger.
Hardly surprising, Emery hasn't won 3 titles and 7 FA Cups yet. Hell he's nowhere near Wenger's win rate over 22 years and his average finishing position is 5th not 2.8th.

Wenger was in the top 4 from year 1 :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ancelotti, a man who has managed 3 Champions League wins...versus Poch, a man whose main managerial honour is a book, detailing how he didn't win the Champions League...I am sure Carlo feels very inferior!

Why do you defend Poch so much?

He is a good manager, but it's kind of weird as an Arsenal fan.

Who said anything about anyone feeling inferior? Carlo has one of the best CV’s in the history of the game but Potch is a better manager today. He’s also a young manager who has managed teams like Sociedad, Southampton and Sp**s, and done well - Getting top 4 and a CL final with with Sp**s is good going.

He’ll leave soon and move on to Madrid, Utd, PSG etc. Expect then the titles and cups to arrive.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Who said anything about anyone feeling inferior? Carlo has one of the best CV’s in the history of the game but Potch is a better manager today. He’s also a young manager who has managed teams like Sociedad, Southampton and Sp**s, and done well - Getting top 4 and a CL final with with Sp**s is good going.

He’ll leave soon and move on to Madrid, Utd, PSG etc. Expect then the titles and cups to arrive.

Wonder if he might be like a Moyes though, quality but only up to a certain level...think he might struggle with more established players egos too, has done very well with Sp**s though...but something about him irks me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom