• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBoy19

holyyy old timer! I was an utter Newb in 03/04, probably the only guy in the whole of India playing CM :lol:

I do remember Karuanyi dimly..my guys were Bakircioglu, Kallstrom (the irony!) and Madiera.

Kallstrom needed time, but Bakircioglu and Madiera were cheat codes.

Well CM 03/04 was very popular in india, the pc version. My personal favourites were Kasper Schmeichel, Cherno Samba and Arteta.

Back to topic, i rate torreira very highly people abusing him should watch him for Uruguay. It's just we don't play that setup.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not gonna miss him, but it is getting worrying how Emery has either managed to or done his best to drive out every single midfielder at the club from when he took over. At this rate only Özil will survive the Emery era.

It might actually be a blessing in surprise if we can get rid of bums like Xhaka and Torreira. However it depends on us actually buying good midfielders which I doubt highly.

MikeVinna

Established Member
It might actually be a blessing in surprise if we can get rid of bums like Xhaka and Torreira. However it depends on us actually buying good midfielders which I doubt highly.

Yeah it’s a real blessing when the manager can’t utilise his players in the best way and they want to leave. Wonder if you’ll be this happy when Auba fecks off in the summer.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Yeah it’s a real blessing when the manager can’t utilise his players in the best way and they want to leave. Wonder if you’ll be this happy when Auba fecks off in the summer.

If Emery could have used Torreira the way fans wanted him to be used, he would have done so already. Unfortunately Torreira isn't good enough defensively to be a shield in front of the defense, this should have been obvious if you have been paying attention to his performances last season.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Emery could have used Torreira the way fans wanted him to be used, he would have done so already. Unfortunately Torreira isn't good enough defensively to be a shield in front of the defense, this should have been obvious if you have been paying attention to his performances last season.

He has!

What’s with the selective amnesia round here? He was never ever expected to shield defence on his own but he was making vital tackles and interceptions consistently from deep last season prior to the change in system.

Emery switched things up away at Bournemouth and continued to do so ever since. Even using Xhaka in a back 3 at times.

Last edited:

mpower2540

Was excellent for Uruguay last night and got an assist too while being played as the deepest midfielder.

I do wonder whether he’s athletic enough to play in England but at least give him a consistent run in his favoured role! Got a horrible feeling that if we sold him it’d come back to haunt us.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

It's the popularity contest Arsenal fans have with players, once they decide you're a popular player none of your performances is your fault and it's all on the manager. Ignoring how poor he's been for a year.

If Torreira is so good for Uruguay and in Italy then it's best for all parties that we let him go, it's been a failed transfer and he can't keep up with the physicality of the PL.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Kind of with Emery on this one.

Emery only signed this little clown after being convinced by scouts. Lucas was give all season in his favored position before ****ting the bed last couple of months & some truly awful away performances 2019. Lucas then repays him looking for a way out in the summer. :facepalm:

Playing at 10 rather than the bench is weird granted as is not signing a replacement DM / genuine competition this summer.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I like Lucas well enough but I am pretty fed up with decent players with one major flaw. Our squad is full of them, Torreira being small, Xhaka being slow on the ball, Mustafi having concentration issues etc. etc. etc.

I guess the top players without flaws go to the top 10 sides in Europe, sadly we are not in that bracket any longer.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I like Lucas well enough but I am pretty fed up with decent players with one major flaw. Our squad is full of them, Torreira being small, Xhaka being slow on the ball, Mustafi having concentration issues etc. etc. etc.

I guess the top players without flaws go to the top 10 sides in Europe, sadly we are not in that bracket any longer.

Torreira's major flaw isn't that he is small. It's that he has the position discipline of Ramsey and is always leaving holes in midfield. Playing him as a DMC is the exact same as playing Ramsey as one. No incident Emery has been trying to turn him into a Ramsey replacement.

You can be an emotional player and human being without having a weak mentality.

I know he is human being. I don't know if he is emotional or not. Don't know what you are talking about there.

But he has weak mentality plus being just a overall terrible player. Our star signing in 10/10 transfer window last summer. :rofl::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom