• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Good ball winner but not much of a defensive midfielder. In the build up to Southampton's second goal the boy was jogging back leaving his defenders exposed. Roy Keane, Le Coq would have been busting their guts to get back. I don't think he has much over Joe willock.

Sorry mate not having this. In the 1st half he stopped a breakaway with a tactical foul and ate the yellow for the good of the team. For the second Southampton goal the player ran past Guendouzi who touched their shoulder and let him go it was obvious to everyone he should have taken the tactical yellow - this is 100% what Roy Keane would have done. Later on Guendouzi got a yellow for petulance - but TBF I suspect he was angry with himself.

Watched Torreria very carefully yesterday. He was OK and nowhere close to our worst performer anyone trying to insinuate such for yesterday’s gate is talking a load of horseshit.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Tbh my only criticism if Luca yesterday is he gave the ball away too often in the first half, possibly as a result of being out of form and being continually played in the wrong position. Still think theres more to come from him

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not everything is Emery‘s fault. Torreira just isn‘t that good, I expect to see him play for a Lazio/Valencia type of club next season.

We ARE a Lazio/Valencia type of club now :lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I struggle to understand why he looked good when he started. Every game now he is poor & I don't blame Emery for it, he's just a poor player. I do blame Emery for playing him though & leaving Willock on the bench who is head and shoulders above Torreira.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He wasn’t poor yesterday, what the hell?

There is so much wrong with this club from top to bottom. People constantly moaning about Laca and Torreria really make me scratch my head.

Bellerin for instance was garbage yesterday and Sokratis had nightmare car crash of a game.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Torreira is just not good enough, I could tell in the first few months but people are blinded by new signings.

Just watching his little legs try keep up with Southampton players, making himself exhausted because he has to run harder to keep up was enough for me to know our midfield is in the bins.

I hope we sell and get more than we spent, he’s a flop.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I struggle to understand why he looked good when he started. Every game now he is poor & I don't blame Emery for it, he's just a poor player. I do blame Emery for playing him though & leaving Willock on the bench who is head and shoulders above Torreira.

Cause expectations of him are low early in his career with us. That's why all Torreira had to do was to make a couple of flashy tackles and a few good passes and every Arsenal fan will be singing his praises. Problem is that over time holes in his game became more and more apparent. Fans want to pretend Torreira is some Gliberto but you can't be a shield for the defense when you have the position discipline of Ramsey, playing Torreira as a DMC is like playing Ramsey as one except worse.

tcahill

Torreira is just not good enough, I could tell in the first few months but people are blinded by new signings.

Just watching his little legs try keep up with Southampton players, making himself exhausted because he has to run harder to keep up was enough for me to know our midfield is in the bins.

I hope we sell and get more than we spent, he’s a flop.

Got five consecutive MOTM awards last season including v Liverpool and Sp**s but yeah we're "blinded by new signings".

Little guy was dominating at least half of last season.

Wanting a taller more powerful DM is certainly a fair opinion, but this revisionism of Torreira's abilities is just silly.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Got five consecutive MOTM awards last season including v Liverpool and Sp**s but yeah we're "blinded by new signings".

Wanting a taller more powerful DM is certainly a fair opinion, but this revisionism of Torreira's abilities is just silly.

There’s no revisionism, MOTM can only tell you so much it’s not the be all end all. I just don’t think he fits the game in this country, he just doesn’t have the quality.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Cause expectations of him are low early in his career with us. That's why all Torreira had to do was to make a couple of flashy tackles and a few good passes and every Arsenal fan will be singing his praises. Problem is that over time holes in his game became more and more apparent. Fans want to pretend Torreira is some Gliberto but you can't be a shield for the defense when you have the position discipline of Ramsey, playing Torreira as a DMC is like playing Ramsey as one except worse.

I accept part of that but he used to pass much better as well, it wasn't just a case of a few flashy tackles, he's a regular international player in a good team. Having said that he was never what we needed, you mention Gilberto, basically we are still waiting to replace him.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

He had some good games even though that goal and celebration againat Sp**s gave him a lot of goodwill. He was never dominating games.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I accept part of that but he used to pass much better as well, it wasn't just a case of a few flashy tackles, he's a regular international player in a good team. Having said that he was never what we needed, you mention Gilberto, basically we are still waiting to replace him.

Gilberto-Vieira.jpg

Hard to replace something perfect though :drool:

Kysus

Tbh my only criticism if Luca yesterday is he gave the ball away too often in the first half, possibly as a result of being out of form and being continually played in the wrong position. Still think theres more to come from him

He just does not have the awareness, vision and technique to play it out from the back.
He is a passenger in possesion.
Has been in his "good phase" last season as well.

roz

Fake News Merchant
He just does not have the awareness, vision and technique to play it out from the back.
He is a passenger in possesion.
Has been in his "good phase" last season as well.
Not sure, to me he certainly does have vision. One of the few players I have seen split the lines with a decent through ball to the attackers. The problem with that is you need a high success rate to ensure we dont lose possession, which he does. Do genuinely think theres a player in there somewhere but might not be well suited to the prem.
wouldnt mind if we sold though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom