• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
If you take Leicester at home last season as peak 100% I’d like minimum 70% of that performance for 70% of his games.

I think that’s reasonable. It’s completely unrealistic to expect a constant stream of 10/10 performances, but its fair to seek some kind of minimum baseline consistency for a player of his ability, reputation and remuneration.
Özil literally hasn’t had a bad performance this season. Amazing considering he was left out for so long and the state of the team right now.

Let’s hope he does it again today.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I wish we'd sign a good playmaker so we can stop playing Özil by default

He hides so much - unbelievable.

Dude can't dribble which is why he doesn't want to ball to be found out.

We need a central midfielder where the ball can be glued to his feet and can see the pass. Like a Cesc/Carzorla/Eriksen style.

Just such a shame what we currently have now :(

Gooner_girl14

Probably had his poorest game of the season today. Took a while to get into it but I do think it's largely because our midfield can't find him most of the time. Was out-muscled too easily at times though, like a lot of our players sadly.

elemoo

not a great performance overall (who did bar Leno?) but my god how good were our corners?! Should have had several asssits today.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
This thread in gif form
tenor.gif

Gooner_girl14

Because he hides.

Great players make themselves available to be found.
To some extent but I think it's more because Xhaka/Guendouzi aren't great as a duo and can't find him. Özil has often had to drop deep to get the ball, and Willock was woeful today. For instance, Cazorla always found him. Our players just aren't clicking though, think the rot in the club is real. We were better today offensively overall and there were some encouraging signs, but it is a very low bar at this point.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He hasn't been good, but he's the only one that can really help us in the final third in making the right decisions when on the ball.

If our midfield was half decent in keeping possesion, picking the right forward passes and technically proficent, we could drop Özil, but our Our midfield is so substandard compared to the past it's honestly laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom