• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I know a lot of people believe our defensive players are too limited and cant improve but I disagree with that. If there is any area of a pitch where a team can get away with having lesser quality players its in defence and can do so by being well coached, drilled and organised.

I believe this has been proven by at the time our record breaking CL make shift defence in Eboue, Senderos, Toure and Flamini. Or Leicester City PL winning defence in Morgan, Huth, Simpson and Fuchs.

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yes, we need to try to become a defensive team IMO, purely through rigorous, incessant coaching. As others have stated, even crap players can learn to defend together as a unit.

That's the only way we are going to get points on board until we thoroughly revamp this poor, poor squad.

Let's drop our delusions of attacking grandeur - we have far too many midfielders and wingers not good enough to keep possession under pressure and that's why we struggle so badly to create real chances.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I know a lot of people believe our defensive players are too limited and can"t improve bit I disagree with that. If there is any area of a pitch where a team can get away with having lesser quality players its in defence and can do so by being well coached, drilled and organised.

I believe this has been proven by at the time our record breaking CL make shift defence in Eboue, Senderos, Toure and Flamini. Or Leicester City PL winning defence in Morgan, Huth, Simpson and Fuchs.

:mad:

This man was top class for us, deserves more respect..was a starter Invincible, and more than did his part.

The tackle on Zlatan is amazing in this vid, only better tackle of the top of my head is Adams on Shevchenko.

Last edited:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Cannot understand why there's such a difference on Laca's away form.

He should have been replaced by Pepe and have Auba move central. The Guendouzi/Saka substitution was useless.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
#IToldYouSo

Couldn't watch the match as I was traveling. I wouldn't rush to any conclusions as Freddie had only two days. He told that he won't shake things up immediately. His changes will be gradual. Will give him a month before forming an opinion.
Would he get a month though? Club would want someone in before the christmas fixtures

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Would he get a month though? Club would want someone in before the christmas fixtures
Given the dire options we have now, I thought the search will take a while to finish. Is there any truth on the news about Freddie cannot manage the team for more than three months? If that's the case, I don't see any point in evaluating Freddie.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Given the dire options we have now, I thought the search will take a while to finish. Is there any truth on the news about Freddie cannot manage the team for more than three months? If that's the case, I don't see any point in evaluating Freddie.
Heard conflicting reports. Though Benge did say he has all the licenses.

Manberg

Predator
Keown analysing the defensive mistakes. Mainly criticises Mustafi, Luiz and Guendouzi. I think Chambers has to take some blame too for not being able to get back into position most of the time.
Too much space conceded and no one closing down.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Keown analysing the defensive mistakes. Mainly criticises Mustafi, Luiz and Guendouzi. I think Chambers has to take some blame too for not being able to get back into position most of the time.
Too much space conceded and no one closing down.

Just drill these ****ers over and over and over until they understand what to do off the ball.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Positives-

• Better off the ball movement, highlighting Willock sprinting into the space left by Laca by coming deep.
  • Kolasinac coming inside and Auba staying wide showing something different aside from the full-back hugging the touchline like under Emery. Makes us less predictable.
  • In general there was a lot more movement in the final third than what we've seen recently.
  • Better cover for teammates defensively. Highlighting Kolasinac coming across to help his CB's, Xhaka getting back and making a vital challenge, Luiz sensing danger after Mustafi was beating and Torreira making a vital interception. In general better in terms of supporting teammates obviously a lot of work needs to be done still tho.
  • Özil's set pieces causing problems.

Btw Adrian points to several incidents where Guendouzi is at fault for Norwich getting a chance. Most people miss these things or quickly blame others, but Guendouzi's inexperience and naivety has made our midfield was too easy to play through. They both have flaws but for me we have to be going with Xhaka-Torreira from now on, it's by far our best balanced midfield pairing currently.

Arson Finger

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Positives-

• Better off the ball movement, highlighting Willock sprinting into the space left by Laca by coming deep.
  • Kolasinac coming inside and Auba staying wide showing something different aside from the full-back hugging the touchline like under Emery. Makes us less predictable.
  • In general there was a lot more movement in the final third than what we've seen recently.
  • Better cover for teammates defensively. Highlighting Kolasinac coming across to help his CB's, Xhaka getting back and making a vital challenge, Luiz sensing danger after Mustafi was beating and Torreira making a vital interception. In general better in terms of supporting teammates obviously a lot of work needs to be done still tho.
  • Özil's set pieces causing problems.

Btw Adrian points to several incidents where Guendouzi is at fault for Norwich getting a chance. Most people miss these things or quickly blame others, but Guendouzi's inexperience and naivety has made our midfield was too easy to play through. They both have flaws but for me we have to be going with Xhaka-Torreira from now on, it's by far our best balanced midfield pairing currently.
Good vid but i cringe on how he butchers Ljungbergs name. Some brits insist on calling him Lungberg for some reason and I hate that. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom