• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Thought Chambers looked completely out of his depth again. Disappointing considering his start to the season. Squad filler at best and should be nowhere near the team when possible.

Seen Xhaka getting some praise for his display yet I thought it was a typical Xhaka display of averageness. 5 out of 10 in absolutely every way. He is this generations Denilson.

Leno was outstanding, should be captain. The only one that has stood tall throughout this season and last.

would take Cantwell of Norwich, not the first time I’ve been impressed with him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Seen Xhaka getting some praise for his display yet I thought it was a typical Xhaka display of averageness.
Problem for Xhaka is how slow and ponderous he is both in attack and defence. As we are so spread out as a team and cannot get compact in defence quickly he is caught in too much space all the time. If we as a team could at least be compact in defence his considerable weaknesses would be covered better, but like on Sunday they are clear for everyone to see. That our backline sprints back like there is no tomorrow every time the opposition breaks doesn't help the whole thing, nor does his poor initial positioning and total lack of speed. The fact that he cannot break up play without fouling sure doesn't help either.

Watching the game I didn't feel he had a particularly bad game, but after watching the highlights I noticed his mistakes more. The failed interception on the second goal as well as his poor touch that almost led to third goal for Norwich at the end.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
That our backline sprints back like there is no tomorrow every time the opposition breaks doesn't help the whole thing,
Our midfield every time this happens

kimberly21.jpg

roz

Fake News Merchant
Problem for Xhaka is how slow and ponderous he is both in attack and defence. As we are so spread out as a team and cannot get compact in defence quickly he is caught in too much space all the time. If we as a team could at least be compact in defence his considerable weaknesses would be covered better, but like on Sunday they are clear for everyone to see. That our backline sprints back like there is no tomorrow every time the opposition breaks doesn't help the whole thing, nor does his poor initial positioning and total lack of speed. The fact that he cannot break up play without fouling sure doesn't help either.

Watching the game I didn't feel he had a particularly bad game, but after watching the highlights I noticed his mistakes more. The failed interception on the second goal as well as his poor touch that almost led to third goal for Norwich at the end.
He needs moving on, the wirrying thing is our midfield looks no better when hes not there. We dont have a single combination of CMs that compliment each other. Round pegs in square holes

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thought Chambers looked completely out of his depth again. Disappointing considering his start to the season. Squad filler at best and should be nowhere near the team when possible.

Seen Xhaka getting some praise for his display yet I thought it was a typical Xhaka display of averageness. 5 out of 10 in absolutely every way. He is this generations Denilson.

Leno was outstanding, should be captain. The only one that has stood tall throughout this season and last.

would take Cantwell of Norwich, not the first time I’ve been impressed with him.
I didn't think Xhaka was that bad. Towards the end of the game he showed how slow he can be though. Rest of your post I couldn't agree with more. Cantwell is a decent player..

roz

Fake News Merchant
I didn't think Xhaka was that bad. Towards the end of the game he showed how slow he can be though. Rest of your post I couldn't agree with more. Cantwell is a decent player..
Nor do I mate! Just bang average, not a bad player by any means (other than his occasional brain farts). Just that he doesnt seem to be particularly good at anything, he is however our most balanced midfielder.
Cantwell is the exact kind of AM we need here, full of energy, creative and clever. Knows how to shoot and when to as well

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Nor do I mate! Just bang average, not a bad player by any means (other than his occasional brain farts). Just that he doesnt seem to be particularly good at anything, he is however our most balanced midfielder.
Cantwell is the exact kind of AM we need here, full of energy, creative and clever. Knows how to shoot and when to as well
Great post. Thanks for clarifying. In that case, I can't disagree at all. Also think you're right about Cantwell, what he lacks in ability he makes up in great decision making. Very nearly had another goal through a toe punt simply by reacting far quicker than any one of our FIVE players around (AND CLOSER TO) the ball!!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He needs moving on, the wirrying thing is our midfield looks no better when hes not there. We dont have a single combination of CMs that compliment each other. Round pegs in square holes
We have to be careful in throwing all our players under the bus. To me the biggest cause of our problem is lack of team shape. We have too much distance between forwards and backline which gives the backline too little protection from the midfielders making them retreat even quicker. It’s one problem leading to another. Freddie for sure has his work cut out for him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I agree that we should move him on. He doesn’t have enough upside for me and his poor sides are quite evident. He will work better in a slower league where he can be dallying on the ball more.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We have to be careful in throwing all our players under the bus. To me the biggest cause of our problem is lack of team shape. We have too much distance between forwards and backline which gives the backline too little protection from the midfielders making them retreat even quicker. It’s one problem leading to another. Freddie for sure has his work cut out for him.

I agree that the best thing we can realistically do at this stage, is try to improve our team shape...playing Pepe and Martinelli on the wings each game with Auba up top, will at least give us a balanced way to attack teams...then that can hopefully take pressure of our average midfield and poor defence.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I agree that the best thing we can realistically do at this stage, is try to improve our team shape...playing Pepe and Martinelli on the wings each game with Auba up top, will at least give us a balanced way to attack teams...then that can hopefully take pressure of our average midfield and poor defence.
Think one of the problems to our shape is playing both Lava and Auba together. Think a front three like you suggest could work better. I really like Martinelli. He will be a great one if we just start playing him more often.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Good vid but i cringe on how he butchers Ljungbergs name. Some brits insist on calling him Lungberg for some reason and I hate that. :mad:
How do Swedes say it?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Positives-

• Better off the ball movement, highlighting Willock sprinting into the space left by Laca by coming deep.
  • Kolasinac coming inside and Auba staying wide showing something different aside from the full-back hugging the touchline like under Emery. Makes us less predictable.
  • In general there was a lot more movement in the final third than what we've seen recently.
  • Better cover for teammates defensively. Highlighting Kolasinac coming across to help his CB's, Xhaka getting back and making a vital challenge, Luiz sensing danger after Mustafi was beating and Torreira making a vital interception. In general better in terms of supporting teammates obviously a lot of work needs to be done still tho.
  • Özil's set pieces causing problems.

Btw Adrian points to several incidents where Guendouzi is at fault for Norwich getting a chance. Most people miss these things or quickly blame others, but Guendouzi's inexperience and naivety has made our midfield was too easy to play through. They both have flaws but for me we have to be going with Xhaka-Torreira from now on, it's by far our best balanced midfield pairing currently.

So Özil made both goals. I knew it already, but it's nice to hear it from an expert that people won't argue with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom