• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Torreira really saved our bacon in the 92nd minute with his block on the pass from Pukki to McClean. One of the few times I saw one of our midfielders actually spot the danger early, run into position and snuff it out. We have way too little of that defensive awareness in our team.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Torreira really saved our bacon in the 92nd minute with his block on the pass from Pukki to McClean. One of the few times I saw one of our midfielders actually spot the danger early, run into position and snuff it out. We have way too little of that defensive awareness in our team.
He was absolutely anonymous for the other 22minute he was on the pitch though. I was loving this lad last season but I'm beginning to see the point others are making. Anyway, one game back in position so I'll give him some time to regain what he had last season..

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He was absolutely anonymous for the other 22minute he was on the pitch though. I was loving this lad last season but I'm beginning to see the point others are making. Anyway, one game back in position so I'll give him some time to regain what he had last season..
Think the fact that he is playing well with Uruguay and that he was very good for an extended period with us is proof enough that he is a good player. It is at least for me. We have simply used him awfully and that his form has dipped is in line with many other players on our squad.

As we don’t have any other player with his defensive qualities makes his inclusion on the team sheet fairly obvious to me.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Think the fact that he is playing well with Uruguay and that he was very good for an extended period with us is proof enough that he is a good player. It is at least for me. We have simply used him awfully and that his form has dipped is in line with many other players on our squad.

As we don’t have any other player with his defensive qualities makes his inclusion on the team sheet fairly obvious to me.
Sorry, it isn't enough for me. We've seen players do well in other leagues and internationally only to fail in this league. Admittedly he had a great start to his career here and that is where I hesitate in my post above by stating that it has been one game back in position..
Just a little frustrated here. We need a positive and he was it last season. So much around him wanting out etc and it almost feels as if he is not here mentally anymore. Wouldn't be the first time I am proven wrong though..

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Sorry, it isn't enough for me. We've seen players do well in other leagues and internationally only to fail in this league. Admittedly he had a great start to his career here and that is where I hesitate in my post above by stating that it has been one game back in position..
Just a little frustrated here.
Fair enough. I don’t agree with you but that is what forums are for! Let’s hope we play better Thursday. I feel optimistic again. At least they made a change at head coach. I don’t believe in miracles but maybe just maybe things can improve under Freddie.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Fair enough. I don’t agree with you but that is what forums are for! Let’s hope we play better Thursday. I feel optimistic again. At least they made a change at head coach. I don’t believe in miracles but maybe just maybe things can improve under Freddie.
Absolutely. I'm far more confident that we get the Lucas we saw last season this time back than I was a couple of weeks back.
Problem is I am starting to see we don't actually have a lot of quality and between all our midfield options I am struggling to see a viable permanent setup both in terms of shape and personnel. This is a problem which extends beyond management

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Absolutely. I'm far more confident that we get the Lucas we saw last season this time back than I was a couple of weeks back.
Problem is I am starting to see we don't actually have a lot of quality and between all our midfield options I am struggling to see a viable permanent setup both in terms of shape and personnel. This is a problem which extends beyond management
This team is better than what it is showing right now. If it can be fixed I am not sure. Think there is a core of players around Xhaka, Özil, Kola etc. that probably need to leave. Read somewhere that there a clicks of players. Think someone like Luiz doesn't help either.

But for the team I am sure we need more players with Torreira's attitude and mentality. I like him. Always had a soft spot for hard fighting South American players though.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This team is better than what it is showing right now. If it can be fixed I am not sure. Think there is a core of players around Xhaka, Özil, Kola etc. that probably need to leave. Read somewhere that there a clicks of players. Think someone like Luiz doesn't help either.

But for the team I am sure we need more players with Torreira's attitude and mentality. I like him. Always had a soft spot for hard fighting South American players though.
Why does Luiz not help? I've heard he is good in the dressing room and a key influence on youngsters in the club (Chelsea days of course)

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Strange how views can differ, thought he was our best player when he came on.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Strange how views can differ, thought he was our best player when he came on.
It is, maybe I missed something.. I'll admit I was focusing on Saka and Laca the whole time they were on and that can detract from others on the field if the focus is zoomed.. Just felt like LT wasn't around much and then boom pops up with something an then fades again.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
It is, maybe I missed something.. I'll admit I was focusing on Saka and Laca the whole time they were on and that can detract from others on the field if the focus is zoomed.. Just felt like LT wasn't around much and then boom pops up with something an then fades again.

Yeah and i should add that no one in our team made a really outstanding performance so it does not really matter much

mpower2540

He was all over the place tonight, and not in a good way. Genuinely baffled at how much space we just concede in the centre of the pitch. Is that the plan or something?? He was popping up up front at one point.

Likes going to ground a lot and screaming in agony too the little mug. We’re full of ****ing dish rags in this team.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's another one that can go. Would he be more effective if utilized properly in a position shielding the back 4? Yes. Does he have issues that have nothing to do with that and everything to do with his mentality and lack of strength? Absolutely. He also clearly wants out so let's give him his wish and move on. No more midgets unless it's Kante. Power and drive from here on out.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He and Xhaka were the only functional part of our team yesterday.
Torreira was winning the ball yesterday, passed and kept the ball well and was joining our attacks.
Don't know what some of you guys are smoking, but apart from Kante I don't know which player in Europe offers all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom