• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Can’t believe my expensive holiday is ruined by this. Might throw up over myself.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ian Wright kicked off I’m a Celeb so he’ll be getting the good news soon that Emery is gone.

He’ll be wondering though why we haven’t got a replacement, a week later.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Slowly and gradually we are becoming AC Milan 2.0! Lovely stuff if happens. At least, I can easily stop watching Arsenal games for few years

Arsenal never were as big as AC Milan.

How can you compare a team with 7 champions leagues and countless serie a titles to us?

The fall of AC is much greater than us.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
You could argue what more could he do since retiring

Erm...by showing he could actually manage a team well.

Freddie or Arteta might feel bitter but they have to put themselves out there more & take risks... Just being handed the Arsenal job is insane

If Vieira got the job that would be the definition of being handed the job. Because surely it can't be because of his managerial record so far.

Don't know anything about his time in the MLS so can't comment on that but his record at Nice is nothing to get anyone excited. Currently they are in 14th place.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Erm...by showing he could actually manage a team well.

If Vieira got the job that would be the definition of being handed the job. Because surely it can't be because of his managerial record so far.

Don't know anything about his time in the MLS so can't comment on that but his record at Nice is nothing to get anyone excited. Currently they are in 14th place.
I would much prefer a proven winner like Allegri / Diego. Then a solid club builder like Potch / Nuno / Gio.

But if going down the young available ex player manager mold think Vieira & probably Gerrard are the stand out candidates. Granted it wreaks of the cheaper route.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I'll be fuming if we rush into the first manager we can get our hands on rather than at least give Ljungan time to prove himself and take it nice and easy in possibly finding a successor.

FinnGooner

Established Member
If Vieira is really our number one option atm, I’d rather give Freddie ’till the end of the season and see how it goes. Vieira’s managerial track record is pretty underwhelming and appointing club legends with little previous managerial success is historically a really bad strategy. At least Freddie knows our youth players.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?

worrying thing that they are reliable. another worrying thing that Vieira is not good enough.

pVhuKUU.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
If this were to happen, it smacks of people trying to curry favour with the fans and buy some time rather then actually doing the ****ing job properly and hiring someone with a track record. Love Paddy but if he gets it, we should start a civil war.
Smacks of the club being cheap, more than anything.

I doubt it’s true.

Joestlaachmkr

As i have already stated several times earlier on this thread, the board are going to go for a cheap and easy option as our next manager and it wouldn`t surprise me at all if they would go for Paddy. But if Kroenke and his ass sniffers have any ambitions at all of being at least a top 6 club and if they want Arsenal to be a respected club then they need to get their heads around and appoint a top class manager ASAP. I love Paddy, but neither him or Freddie are good enough to become Arsenal boss. We should judge the candidates based on their tactical skills & results as manager and not by emotion and nostalgia due to their playing carreers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom