• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This current version of Laca...not sure if he’s worth moving Auba out wide for, especially when that means we’re benching our record signing.

That chance he missed in the first few mins could have changed the game, I feel like I find myself saying that a lot when it comes to Laca.

Having said that he scored two last week and won us a point and contrary to what some would have you think he’s not a complete bum. Would definitely sell him to buy a natural LW or even a quality CM though.

No version of Laca is worth moving Auba out wide. I've always been against it, why play your best CF, Golden Boot last season, out wide? I was vocal in the summer about selling Laca & spending on a proper winger but we didn't do it and will now probably do it this summer. In the meantime I'd go with Martinelli Auba Pepe front 3, we would kill teams on the break.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No version of Laca is worth moving Auba out wide.
The version that gives the team more goals overall.

It's simple maths. If Laca and Auba both score 20 each it's better for the team than playing Auba central who gets 30 but then Pepe/Saka only getting five goals.

Simplified example but there is a level of performance where it would be worth it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The version that gives the team more goals overall.

It's simple maths. If Laca and Auba both score 20 each it's better for the team than playing Auba central who gets 30 but then Pepe/Saka only getting five goals.

Simplified example but there is a level of performance where it would be worth it.

But it doesn't work like that, Laca has never scored 20 goals for us and probably never will. Yes he's scored important goals for us but you never know what you'll get the next game. For a supposedly top CF he's very inconsistent. I will be amazed if he's here beyond next summer.

OSBK

Established Member
Why would we not move auba out wide for laca. Before the norwich game auba had won 5 headers all season and i dont think he has any assists this season. He is in the same bracket as salah, prolific winger. Even when auba plays up front he goes wide because he isnt a cf. He scores an insane amount of goals from any position so why not try and accomodate more fire power.

All this is meaningless anyway. We currently conceed on average 1.5 goals a game. If we drop laca and play just auba then auba has to score another 36 goals this season just so we can draw all the remaining games.

Im all for selling laca as we are not going to get the best out of him but why would you buy another winger when we conceed so much.

We should be aiming to have more balanced attack. Attack that score goal, but also front 3 that attack and create better. Attack that can put constant pressure on opposition defense.

For me although Laca and Auba have expressed scoring goals regularly we never look balanced and we get found out to often when we play them together for me liking.

Building a better balanced attack is tricky but I don't think Laca and Auba + someone will ever work well like Mane, Salah and Firmino for example. Even if the Liverpool attack is freak and doesn't occur often I still think we can do better!

OSBK

Established Member
We should be aiming to have more balanced attack. Attack that score goal, but also front 3 that attack and create better. Attack that can put constant pressure on opposition defense.

For me although Laca and Auba have expressed scoring goals regularly we never look balanced and we get found out to often when we play them together for me liking.

Building a better balanced attack is tricky but I don't think Laca and Auba + someone will ever work well like Mane, Salah and Firmino for example. Even if the Liverpool attack is freak and doesn't occur often I still think we can do better!

I agree completely.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
So we need to have a serious discussion on this guy. What is the point of Lacazette? Why is he good enough to move Auba out wide? Where is this supposed telepathic linkup play he has with Auba? Why do managers persist with him?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I like him more than a lot of people do and I think he would look a lot better with better service but he and Auba should both be sold while they still have some value. This whole setup needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt from the basement up. We need to be going big on strong, physical, skilled fighters for the midfield and back line. Selling players like this who are in decline but may hold value to a more settled club is the right move. I hope he goes this summer at the latest. Auba as well.

protocal354

I disagree with a lot of you as I think he has quality. But you play players depending on opposition. I would say you can easily rotate and strategically use either auba/laca up top. And make strategic substitions when we have momentum in games. Auba scores goals but cannot hold up play as he lacks strength. Laca can. Against tough opposition defenders probably start laca. Against teams struggling who we should rip apart start auba. Get it!?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He becoming more and more a home player you see him he put more fight press more at Emirates away from home ge just disappear

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Good player but Auba on the wing is effecting our build up play and balance. I would like to see:
-Martinelli---Auba-----Pepe
----------------Özil------------
Lets play some defined, fast paced football and at least be a threat through pace. Laca isnt quick and Auba isnt good enough on the ball utlise his pace well.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I honestly would consider killing my self in order to get rid of this loser from the club.

Wow. I think laca isn't elite. thought he would kick on this season but still is a bit too inconsistent. If we could upgrade on him we should do it.

However imagine calling him a loser when he still performs better than 80% of the squad. Imagine calling him a loser and wanting to kill yourself just after a game he actually scored. While not being great only Xhaka and Leno probably had a better game than him.

Imagine calling a player who while being injured for 2 months still contributed 25% of our PL goals this season. Yes that is right, he scored a quarter of our goals while missing a large junk through injury but I guess that means nothing.

It would be understandable if this was the invincibles, then Laca had no business being here but we have so many much more urgent problems to address in midfield and defence before we should call Laca loser, dreadful or any of those words which make it look like he is out of his depth and playing with world class players.

Yes the balance isn't right, him and Auba can't really play together. So let's debate that point. Nothing wrong with suggesting he should be moved on etc but don't try to make it out Laca is hopelessly out of his depth here. At least he is somewhat contributing unlike most of our other players.

Miyata

Prefer him in the first 11 over Auba.

Auba can't force anything nor play as a target striker since hé can't even control the ball.

Laca over tap in merchant auba any day

DasBootist

Get rid this summer.
Or keep Alex and let Aubameyang go instead. Emery couldn't find a way to work both into the starting eleven effectively, and if Ljungberg has the same problem 'til the end of the season I wouldn't be against one of them leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom