• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Brighton | December 5, 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

What will the result of the match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Everyone has to relax, every team (Liverpool, Chelsea) included have gone through this phase, this is when we've got to stand by our team no matter what. At this stage I'm not worried about top 4, as long as we don't get relegated is all I'm worried about though. There is still over half the season left, 1-2 wins will do us the best. COYG!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Think about it, just 1 win may do us the world of good & put our confidence way up, we aren't even half way through the season yet which will help us. Who knows, our 2nd half of the season may be great.

pikey2000

Anyone else think the booing after the game/mid game is extremely unhelpful given the circumstances?

Manager and team have had a week to get to work and undo what Emery has been drilling for the last 18 months and somehow the fans think it will be helpful to boo the team now we are trying to start fresh and turn it around? Extremely premature in my opinion.

Plus where does it all stop, assuming we appoint a new manager soon and he loses his first two games (entirely possible atm) do we start booing him / team under him immediately?

At what point do we stop booing and understand this team needs major support and there is no magic wand of a manager that will change that overnight? Rodgers, Poch whomever comes in is going to take at least a few months to get their ideas across.....do we continue to boo whilst that is happening? Its stupid and unhelpful at the moment.

Understandable when Emery was coming to the end of his reign and it was clear he would never turn it around but after 2 games in the space of week its not helpful to anyone, certainly not the team for whom we are all hoping can turn their fortunes around!

roz

Fake News Merchant
Everyone has to relax, every team (Liverpool, Chelsea) included have gone through this phase, this is when we've got to stand by our team no matter what. At this stage I'm not worried about top 4, as long as we don't get relegated is all I'm worried about though. There is still over half the season left, 1-2 wins will do us the best. COYG!
Love your optimism

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Who knows, all this "booing" may be putting the teams confidence down without us knowing, not that I'd know considering I'm not at the games live atm but I can hear a bit via television haha.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If the team cannot cope with booing then they dont belong here.

Football isn't just about physical quality it's about mental strength.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Seriously, I don't know that to say in this moment, if I was the manager of this club, I would like to throw all the team at the bin.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Alright for you to say; you're probably sipping tinnies on a beach, on the other side of the flipping world!

I'm dropping over £3k on season tickets and seeing Chelsea/Sp**s fans every day....

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Mate he was a rock. Best CB since Kolo.

Mertesacker was much better than Koscielny. Kos didn't know how to keep a backline sturdy he would always run straight to the opposition leaving huge holes in our defence. Without Mertesacker babysitting him he looked terrible in every other partnership.

How is a CB who was a mainstay in so many bad defences a rock? Not to mention he was weak and easily bullied never saw what other Arsenal fans did, ask any other fan and none would rate Koscielny that highly even French people didn't want him in their line up.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The transfers since that cup final have killed this club, killed it violently.

Who's idea was it to drop 100m on Lucas Perez, Xhaka and Mustafi? Or whos idea was it to buy Aubameyang in the winter when he had holes in the squad and just bought a striker in the summer?

Xhaka, Torreira, Pepe, and Kolasinac all played for mid table clubs before we got them in and continue to play like mid table players. Arsenal fans need to stop being deluded with the quality of our players because they're all crap. Whoever is in charge of our transfer should be sacked ASAP, scouting team and all.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Mertesacker was much better than Koscielny. Kos didn't know how to keep a backline sturdy he would always run straight to the opposition leaving huge holes in our defence. Without Mertesacker babysitting him he looked terrible in every other partnership.

How is a CB who was a mainstay in so many bad defences a rock? Not to mention he was weak and easily bullied never saw what other Arsenal fans did, ask any other fan and none would rate Koscielny that highly even French people didn't want him in their line up.

Mate that’s well off on Per. Guy always had a calamity in him. Let’s not forget the 2015/16 run in when he was so horrific he had to get benched by Wenger for Gabriel after his banter performances helped chuck the title away.

I remember playing the Chelsea team who scraped a top half finish that year. He slides in looking at the linesman in the first 15 minutes, got himself sent off and we ended up losing a key game.

Season before that he put in some rank performances when Koscielny was injured as well. Were miles worse when he was out.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Koscielny was good at fighting fires. Good defenders do not fight fires.

There in rests the difference. Koscielny is the equivalent of a high work rate midfielder who runs around looking busy but not doing much else. Just so happened at Koscielnys peak we needed a fire fighter because we couldnt organise a defense for love nor money. Ans that's still the case to this day.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Our talents are nowhere near Chelsea.

Only Guendouzi is at their level currently.
Wouldn't say nowhere near but Chelsea's are better and it's not up for debate IMO. Head to head, we only looked good against them during one period and that's when we had all of Nelson, Nketiah (who actually was part of their setup), Willock (Chris), Mavididi and even Donyell Malen at our disposal. Every other time, they were OP. They have the best coaching and best recruitment of all the clubs in England. We're catching up pretty quickly but Chelsea are the pace-setters and from an objective POV, their ascension into Chelsea's first team is LONG overdue.

It also helped that they had feeder teams who ensured their talents played on loan - we only got that this year. Before that, sending players on loan was the death knell because they wouldn't play (see Gnabry).

No heel turn from me - ours are still very good and I firmly believe they could have a similar trajectory with the right opportunities and coaching. But yeah, Chelsea have the #1 academy currently, and we have work to do to catch up. They've benefitted from good loans also, and the fact that they now have a manager who's not only playing them but getting the best out of them too.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It's their own fault. Arsenal fans turned from loyalists to entitled whingers under Wenger by 2010, then they morphed into conspiracy theorists and finally in 2015/16 into 'keyboard warriors'.

When he was sacked they became 'excited dreamers'. Now they're just angry and very confused. :lol::lol::lol:

As much as I admire the great man Wenger perhaps if he had relinquished the reins a season or two earlier and overseen a smooth transition to his successor we might be in a better place now.

No matter. A rocky road was always the most likely path. We shall be reborn. COYG.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
As much as I admire the great man Wenger perhaps if he had relinquished the reins a season or two earlier and overseen a smooth transition to his successor we might be in a better place now.

No matter. A rocky road was always the most likely path. We shall be reborn. COYG.
:lol: Wenger's job was to manage the team not the club. He wasn't the owner, and he wasn't a director and he wasn't the CEO, he was an employee. Blaming him for the future direction of the club is crazy bro.

Two years earlier we were second in the EPL with the most clean sheets in the league, still in the Champions League, and FA Cup holders. Yet you are right about this. Wenger should have still felt the building resentment from fans at this stage and should have known that eventually it would bring him and the team down in the way it did. He would have been far better to have left then.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
mertkos.jpg

Two great players for this club, they both had their flaws obviously, but were so good together overall...will be quite awhile before we get a partnership this good again imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom