• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

clovis

Lovely, do you have anything to suggest Arteta is a top coach though? I'm open to it, just want to know where all the hype comes from.

few things cannot be explained. If you want concrete evidence that will sway your mind that I cannot provide..

But remember.. there were plenty of Barca fans who rubbished the idea of Pep replacing Rijkaard in 2007..

and there were plenty of Benfica fans who ridiculed the idea of Mourinho taking over.. a man whose only experience in management was working as Bobby Robson’s translator at Barcelona.

The rest as they say is history...

clovis

No reason it should take 4-5 years. As I said above we have virtually changed our whole squad since 2015-16. Football moves fast and a lot can happen in 12 months, look at Chelsea going from finishing 10th to Champions as an example or Leicester finishing 9th last season and challenging this year as another.

freak seasons can happen anytime. However realistically it will take us 4-5 seasons unleas Kroenke turns into Roman of 2004.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
rate Arteta far more.. he has always come across as someone with deep understanding of the game.
That is great but why. What criteria are you using to measure this?
in 10 years time, I see Arteta as someone with multiple league titles and perhaps a Champions League title as well.

Pure speculation
while I see Freddie coaching in Sweden, maybe a weak MLS side or some club in India.

More pure speculation
few things cannot be explained. If you want concrete evidence that will sway your mind that I cannot provide..

But remember.. there were plenty of Barca fans who rubbished the idea of Pep replacing Rijkaard in 2007..

and there were plenty of Benfica fans who ridiculed the idea of Mourinho taking over.. a man whose only experience in management was working as Bobby Robson’s translator at Barcelona.

The rest as they say is history...
So basically you don't have concrete evidence yet you want to act like you know it all. You're literally making predictions based off nothing and being an absolute ***** about it as well.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Just goes to prove it's all conjecture. These media types and glorified sensationalist hacks are about as clued in as we are.

When the feckless board do decide on their man, all will be made aware of it at the same time. The days of supposed mouthpieces and privileged information recipients are gone at this club.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Tosker and Makingtrax reading this:
neuer.gif

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

4-5 seasons is not that unrealistic. Klopp has already said he's going to take a sabbatical when his contract ends in June 2022, so he's got two more seasons there.

Besides, things change quickly in football. Not too long ago people were predicting that City would win the league every year for the foreseeable future after getting 100 points, yet 18 months later they look like a spent force.
Ever the optimist you are mate.

Reactions: A_G

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Whoever we hire, I hope we don't make a fuss of it like we did with Emery.

Ivan was so hell bent on distancing the club from Wenger that he spouted more nonsense than usual.

Hopefully the comms team will be Head and Shoulders above that when they announce Mikel.

clovis

That is great but why. What criteria are you using to measure this?

Pure speculation

More pure speculation

So basically you don't have concrete evidence yet you want to act like you know it all. You're literally making predictions based off nothing and being an absolute ***** about it as well.

of course it is speculation man. Why are you acting like you have cracked the code? If you want to point score and have the last word the stage is yours..

In football you often have to be brave enough to give a chance to a young player or a young manager instead of taking the safe option that will not have any impact..

the position we are in, only an elite manager can turn things around for us and not the Emery and Marcelino types.

since we are not in a position to attract an elite manager with a proven track record because they have better options to choose from, we have to unearth the next big thing and give him his first break..

I see that in Arteta.. if we don’t have the guts to do it someone else will and then we will lament the missed opportunity..

clovis

Every great manager was once as unproven as Arteta today.. but certain clubs had the courage to put faith in them..

If everyone thought like some Arsenal fans here, no new manager would ever get a chance to make his mark..

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
another manager who is well past his prime.. imagine putting your faith in the likes of Ancelotti to turn things around for you in the year 2020.
Every great manager has ups & downs as Carlo today.. but certain clubs had the courage to put faith in them..

If everyone thought like some Arsenal fans here, no new manager would ever get a chance to make his mark..

clovis

Why do you use this logic with arteta but not Freddie?

because I don’t think Freddie has it in him to be a top manager..

Freddie, Arteta, Vieira, Henry.. the only one in this list that I see becoming a top class manager is Arteta.. Vieira is good but I don’t see him as a top class manager in the same vein as Pep or Klopp..

ScotsGooner89

Apart from pep’s and a few players reports on him I’m struggling to see any evidence being put forward for Mikel being a better option than ljungberg.

Pep was never going to dismiss Mikel as anything but great when asked, and the players are definitely not going to speak bad of an assistant manager.

He perhaps isn’t even being groomed for the job once pep leaves like people claim. There are reports they brought in Gio Van Bronckhorst for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom